PDA

View Full Version : L421 WMR Anyone Here?

TheQuietOne
11-10-2007, 10:03 AM
Hi Chaps,

Anyone know of this car? In Brian Long's book it appears as an IOP in Type-S trim which is odd? I would love to find out where this car is if anyone knows! RAC check shows it still registered in the UK too! Simon is it on your database?

Cheers,

Matt.

simonprelude
11-10-2007, 10:46 AM
That was one of the publicity number plates and has been on several vehicles.
It's currently on a White car and isn't taxed.

markc
11-10-2007, 05:48 PM
Could still be on this NSX-R (see attached photo)

It featured in the October 1995 issue of Performance Car mag where it was compared with a Porsche 993RS.

Rumour/legend has it that Honda UK either returned it to Japan, scrapped it or locked it up in their UK training centre (never to see the road again) as a test mule for trainee technicians to practice on :(

As you say the same reg plate later appeared on a '97 Type S/Zero for promo shots taken at what looks like the Nurburgring.

Cheers

Mark

dan the man
11-10-2007, 08:06 PM
Those 2 photos above i absoluetly love. thanks

Senninha
11-10-2007, 11:16 PM
Could still be on this NSX-R (see attached photo)

Rumour/legend has it that Honda UK either returned it to Japan, scrapped it or locked it up in their UK training centre (never to see the road again) as a test mule for trainee technicians to practice on

didn't I read recently from Detlef that there are several NSX-R in the UK that are regular customers? They visit but dont post here :( Maybe this white one is still out in the wild :dunno:

Rob_Fenn
12-10-2007, 08:40 AM
Yeah, you're right, was interesting when Detlef said that! I guess you have to consider some people don't use the internet much.

TheQuietOne
12-10-2007, 08:45 AM
It is sad in a way that they aren't active members of the club as for us enthusiasts it would be a treat to have more R's to drool over!

Also if they are not internet savvy, how do they manage to trade with Detlef as he only has a web presence?!

simonprelude
12-10-2007, 08:51 AM
Well you would think to have a type R they would be car enthusiasts, so would probably belong to a club somewhere and be seen or known about.

Most of us are quite friendly with the Honda dealers, I am usually told what cars have been in recently whenever I visit one anyway.

But they could just be like the yellow LHD type R :eek: and stay aware for fear of embarrassment.

Then again, the Scottish Green one popped up out of nowhere.

It is sad in a way that they aren't active members of the club as for us enthusiasts it would be a treat to have more R's to drool over!

Also if they are not internet savvy, how do they manage to trade with Detlef as he only has a web presence?!