PDA

View Full Version : E-03 message on Factory CD player?

Boomin33
10-10-2007, 07:06 PM
When I turn on CD function Get a message E-03 and can't get it to play, change CD's... do anything.

Tried going to the boot and taking CD's out and put back in.. turn off/on etc.

It's a NSX factory installed CD changer..

Can anyone help?

Silver Surfer
10-10-2007, 07:28 PM
The cartridge has popped out under the slider cover. You will know this if the slider cover won't slide. All you do is popthe slider cover up from the side so it comes out of it's track and push the cd cartridge back in and click the slider back into its track.

SS

TheQuietOne
10-10-2007, 08:44 PM
Can't remember what E-03 is can you actually get the changer out? If not I can tell you how and you'll also need to reset the clock fuse which controls the changer to get it all to reset! I'll PM you my mobile number if you want a few more detailed instructions...you're not the first, fear not! :D

Boomin33
10-10-2007, 09:17 PM
Yep, last weekend took the cartridge out.. checked the disks put it back in and closed the slide cover... no change.

Driving to a 9:00 client meeting in Surrey down the back roads tomorrow... I'll try one more time and if not will just have to dig out some tapes.. old school.

TheQuietOne
10-10-2007, 09:22 PM
Try the clock fuse reset then - it is in the front bay fuse box and there is a picture of which fuse it is under the lid. Take it out for about 30 seconds and then replace. This will reset all the stereo equipment which will take 2 or 3 minutes to fully restart especially the changer. This will also reset the ECU so give it a decent drive after you have done it to get it back up to speed so to speak! If this doesn't work you may have more difficult problems to solve! Did you check for any stray CD's in the changer when you popped it out?!

TheSebringOne
10-10-2007, 10:20 PM
I had a slightly different error code E-01, but this was fixed with a credit card and reset with clock fuse thanks again to Matt! Strangely it happened again this weekend! Maybe changing CDs and tracks at same time, confuses the system? If its someone worse and since you only just brought the car last month, I'm sure as a goodwill gesture, Chiswick should sort it out for you for free.