PDA

View Full Version : Help...............

fuzilov
10-10-2007, 04:24 PM
I stupidly shut boot with key and fob on it,what do i do?
Am looking for another key I may have if i cant find it,then is there another way of opening boot.
Can handle a few jokes but need a technical minded answer..
Thnx

forumadmin
10-10-2007, 05:14 PM
Call the AA? NSXs can be opened really easily actually.

amo
10-10-2007, 06:09 PM
correct call the aa or rac but u might have to sign a disclaimer just in case they make a slight scratch they might not but just in case

thx amo

fuzilov
10-10-2007, 07:31 PM
Thnx ,if only it had a boot release............

NSX 2000
10-10-2007, 08:35 PM
Thnx ,if only it had a boot release............
It does, there is a button in the drivers door panel.
Or did you just unlock the boot without unlocking the doors first? Plus didn't yours come with three Keys?
HTH Paul.

Senninha
10-10-2007, 08:38 PM
Thnx ,if only it had a boot release............So thats the secret to a light weight NSX ;)

AR
10-10-2007, 08:52 PM
Mine did not have one either!

fuzilov
10-10-2007, 11:32 PM
thnks for all help,apparently did not come with boot release as part of weight saving,
so I never eat before I drive,and if I go to toilet beforehand goes even faster...

fuzilov
11-10-2007, 03:06 PM
NSX-R back to life....thnx
very grateful,found spare key in the end

Silver Surfer
11-10-2007, 06:38 PM
Would you mine if the Stig from TG give the NSX-R another go at Dunsfold?

SS :D

TheSebringOne
11-10-2007, 06:52 PM
Me too +1, let the Stig give the NA2 NSX Type R it's full recognition and credit :)

dan the man
11-10-2007, 08:04 PM
has it already done a lap time?

TheSebringOne
11-10-2007, 09:42 PM
Dan, it was done several years ago in what was probably the wettest lap ever by the Stig (another white NA2 Type R?). Time was good, but was classed as vw (very wet)! I think its somewhere here on the forum and seen it on Youtube! HTH

dan the man
12-10-2007, 06:01 AM
Thanks james. Must be the same car surely.

Lets get it in the dry ;)

simonprelude
12-10-2007, 07:43 AM
There were 2 NA2 type R's on our shores, it could have been either.
There were differences, can't remember what they were, but from memory the headlights were different ??

Rob_Fenn
12-10-2007, 08:38 AM
I think one was JDM and one was kind of UKDM'd wasn't it? Different tyres, lights, seat padding... it's documented in a copy of EVO.

Silver Surfer
12-10-2007, 11:02 AM
Well Fusilov.........what do you think?

SS :D

Steveycaz
12-10-2007, 11:22 AM
Here it is : Stig Lap Times (http://www.topgear.com/content/tgonbbc2/laptimes/thestig/)

55th - 1:31.6 one place above a BMW diesel :(. But is was the wetest day since records began. And Stig had the Flu. And a broken leg. And it was icy...

gumball
12-10-2007, 12:08 PM
Here it is : Stig Lap Times (http://www.topgear.com/content/tgonbbc2/laptimes/thestig/)

55th - 1:31.6 one place above a BMW diesel :(. But is was the wetest day since records began. And Stig had the Flu. And a broken leg. And it was icy...

Not forgetting the Slick(ish) tyres.

Senninha
12-10-2007, 12:20 PM
How wet was it that day ... lets just say it would of been quicker in one of those Florida hovercrafts from gaitor country!

Can anyone recall which Stig era this was run? Was it the original Perry McCarther(?) days?

I thnk the favoured one these days is Ben Collins. I've also heard that some manufacturers now send their own test drivers to perform the lap as this helps reduce the mechanical damage to some expensive
machinery.

Its a big ask to have your car re-run the TG track, but it would be good to have a representative time on the board. That said, if the NSX-R is no longer running the semi slick tyres the improvement may not be that large. At least if its wet then Ben is regarded as a bit of a reinmaster which could help.

regards,

WhyOne?
12-10-2007, 01:22 PM
... lets just say it would of been quicker in one of those Florida hovercrafts from gaitor country!

Airboats !

TheSebringOne
12-10-2007, 05:36 PM
Just checked out old issues of Evo, Fusilov's N5 XRR was featured in the greatest 10 drivers car in issue 100 and the one in issue 51 was with a strange foreign plate of OF RD 86? It won the Evo car of the year 2003! HTH :)

Rob_Fenn
15-10-2007, 08:35 AM
How wet was it that day ... lets just say it would of been quicker in one of those Florida hovercrafts from gaitor country!

Can anyone recall which Stig era this was run? Was it the original Perry McCarther(?) days?

I thnk the favoured one these days is Ben Collins. I've also heard that some manufacturers now send their own test drivers to perform the lap as this helps reduce the mechanical damage to some expensive
machinery.

Its a big ask to have your car re-run the TG track, but it would be good to have a representative time on the board. That said, if the NSX-R is no longer running the semi slick tyres the improvement may not be that large. At least if its wet then Ben is regarded as a bit of a reinmaster which could help.

regards,

Just take it to Plans and let either Graham or Andy do the driving, they know the track as well as any of the Stigs (lets remember there are multiple Stigs for every series so it's never a fair comparison).

One of the current Stigs drove our car at Brands and said how nice it was at least :) Would make an ideal 24 hour car supposedly! Annoyingly he's the same age as me (22).