PDA

View Full Version : In need of an NSX

HenryC
26-01-2005, 04:10 PM
Hi - I'm looking for anyone who might be amenable to their NSX appearing in the pages of evo magazine as part of a test. We are looking for a 3.0litre manual coupe and it would involve being in the midlands for at least a couple of days. It should be quite fun and any help would be hugely appreciated.

BrownBear
26-01-2005, 06:26 PM
I nominate Fishtail's car :)

trackdemon
27-01-2005, 09:54 AM
As an avid EVO reader, I'd be very happy to see my car in EVO. Its a '94 Red / black

Paul
27-01-2005, 02:50 PM
Depending on the date(s) I'd be interested too.

Japanese import, 1996, Red with black roof.

blue5
28-01-2005, 04:20 PM
Me too,

95 Silver, black top, believed last UK 3L coupe, owned by me for 7.5 yrs.

N London

jaytip
28-01-2005, 05:29 PM
when are you looking to do this?.my car is in hibernation at the moment and will be pulled out in the next month or so,
blue/red flip paint with wings west bodykit,
17/18" alloys.
Ivor

Paul
08-02-2005, 05:02 PM
Come on then HenryC ... you have some offers from people willing to offer their time and NSX to help with this article :!:

How about givnig us a bit more info ... if you can't tie it down to specific dates ... can you at least give us a month of when this is likely to take place :?:

trackdemon
09-02-2005, 12:34 PM
Paul,

All done and dusted! Can't explain a great deal more at the moment but my NSX will be featuring in the pages of EVO next month as part of a group test.

cheers,
Steve

Paul
10-02-2005, 03:15 PM
Paul,

All done and dusted! Can't explain a great deal more at the moment but my NSX will be featuring in the pages of EVO next month as part of a group test.

cheers,
Steve :-( ... pish ... mever mind ... maybe I can get in on anotehr article ... :-)

Cheers for letting us know Steve. I'll have to remember to go pick up a copy. In order to support your participation with your NSX you understand, EVOs aren't my cup of tea as it were.

trackdemon
10-02-2005, 03:31 PM
Should be a good issue Paul. Have you read EVO before? They are a performance car magazine, emphatically NOT an "EVO" magazine as in Mitsubishi. One of the best petrolhead monthly reads you'll find, this months includes Boxster vs 997, Zonda vs Murcielago, Aston V8 feature, etc, etc.....

Paul
10-02-2005, 04:44 PM
Have you read EVO before? Can't say I have ... I'll have to nip to pick one up from a news stand at Heathrow when I catch my flight at the weekend ... I'll need plenty to read on a 12hour flight :!:

jaytip
10-02-2005, 04:46 PM
EVO is an excellent magazine.you may find yourself subscribing after your first read.

Paul
18-02-2005, 09:46 PM
EVO is an excellent magazine.you may find yourself subscribing after your first read.A good read, although I didn't get through much of it on the way out ... though the Aston article was very interesting.
I'll be reading more of it on the way back ... well, only if I can't sleep ... and I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for the next issue with TrackDemon's NSX in.

fishtail
21-02-2005, 12:55 PM
Brownbear, thanks for the nomination, but I saw this thread too late. Oh well, they've already had a go at mine anyway, sounds like fun tho. I wonder if they let you play with the other toys in the group test?

BrownBear
21-02-2005, 01:14 PM
Yes, they let me play in a few of them - not the 550 Maranello, though :(

mr_tim
21-02-2005, 10:56 PM
I'm really looking forward to this. I've heard a little more than i should about it though...

Still, good to read about an NSX anytime!

trackdemon
22-02-2005, 12:50 PM
I'm really looking forward to this. I've heard a little more than i should about it though...

Still, good to read about an NSX anytime!

Really? Do tell 8) Yes, should be a good read - should be some good shots of the car in EVO (including fully broadside :twisted: )

mr_tim
25-02-2005, 09:09 AM
It's part of a test on £20k drivers cars. Up against the Exige to name one. Apparently the NSX doesn't make the first cut.

DamianW
25-02-2005, 10:47 AM
Apparently the NSX doesn't make the first cut.

Not enough "evoness" eh? :roll:

BrownBear
28-02-2005, 03:54 PM
Pic from the GTR board (Halfway down the thread)

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/showthread.php?t=33962

Do you have any others, TD?

jaytip
28-02-2005, 06:35 PM
i would be VERY supprised if an NSX didn't at least match a standard cossie and the masaratti.there must have been a few cars that didn't make the first cut then :evil:

Pande
28-02-2005, 11:43 PM
Why wouldnt they use a 3.2 NSX. U can pick one for the high 20ks if you look hard. Then they would have had a much more improved car to compare with.

DamianW
01-03-2005, 10:14 AM
i would be VERY supprised if an NSX didn't at least match a standard cossie and the masaratti.there must have been a few cars that didn't make the first cut then :evil:

I shouldn't worry, these reviews are always subjective opinion, and based on the briefest of encounters with a car. I was re-reading one of the original NSX reviews in Car the other day, comparing it to the 348 and 911. The closing paragraph said, to paraphrase, "the NSX is the better car, but the 348 is still a Ferrari and so wins the test". Oh how I laughed.

mr_tim
01-03-2005, 05:29 PM
Obviously a single model forum will have their opinions - you pays you monay you make your choice.

Just good to see you guys made the right one :lol: :wink:

Clive
02-03-2005, 07:12 PM
Me too,

95 Silver, black top, believed last UK 3L coupe, owned by me for 7.5 yrs.

N London

Can't be so. Surely the 3.0 (at least in manual form) was replaced in late 1997 (with the 6-speed). Indeed, my 3.0 was registered in Aug 96.

Clive :shock:

DamianW
03-03-2005, 02:10 PM
Just read the article. I won't spoil it for anyone, but I wouldn't personally spend the 3.95ukp on the magazine just to read about the NSX. Its a pretty poorly written piece, typically wooly reasoning about why they do or don't like a car. Partly down to trying to cram a review of a lot of cars into a small number of pages I guess.

There's some interesting stuff in the rest of the mag though.

jaytip
03-03-2005, 02:17 PM
is it on the shelves yet? or are you a subscriber.if it's on the shelves i will pick it up to have a read on the plane next week.

DamianW
03-03-2005, 02:37 PM
is it on the shelves yet? or are you a subscriber.if it's on the shelves i will pick it up to have a read on the plane next week.

Picked it up today from Tescos.

jaytip
03-03-2005, 03:17 PM
cheers.

trackdemon
03-03-2005, 06:09 PM
I've been promised a few spare copies, if I've got a couple spare I'll hand them out to whomever is joining us for the Sunday run. I was disappointed that they didn't take my car to Wales and rather disappointed by the article - where is the commentary about the NSX chassis still being supremely balanced, absorbent and useable. Fancy attacking a wet lumpy B road in a Cerb? Me neither. The article did seem geared towards the "wow" factor of some of the cars featured, without taking into account actually living with one. Some of the figures are pretty inaccurate too:

270bhp? and the rest.....
160mph? Its quicker than that
£1750 for 3 years servicing? My first 18months have cost <£500
£4000 depreciation over 3 years? Very much doubt it. At £20k any decent spec NSX in good condition has pretty much well plateaued.
In fact, given that I was there I'm surprised they didn't just ask me? I could then have given them the correct contact website rather than the www.hoc.org.uk they supplied.

Paul
04-03-2005, 04:33 PM
The article left me somewhat bemused ... I was very surprised at the rather short amount of column inches that the NSX featured in :o ... I was also surprised to hear they think the NSX looks more dated than the Skyline :shock: ... I think the NSX still looks the business. I know that when I look at an NSX, it is more appealing than looking at a Skyline :!:

How the M5 can come out on top is beyond me. Yes, it's a highly developed car, but is it really a drivers car :?: ... I drove an M5 for a week while my NSX [which at the time was my everyday car] was garaged after a nasty milkman took too close a look at my baby driving his milk float :evil: ... the word that best fits the M5 is violent as this best describes the acceleration. So I didn't take the time to try slinging it round too many bends, but the reason was because I didn't have the confidence in it to do so.

The M5 is an impressive car yes, but it's best suited to clocking up the miles in the outside lane of a motorway, not for driving down your favourite twisty road at an :wink: enthusiastic pace.

After spending a week in the M5 I was all to pleased to get back into my NSX. The M5 is also just a bit too big to make it into any list I might put together of cars I'd be happy to own for taking for an enthusiastic spin round some twisty roads on a fine sunny day.

I think they've put far too much emphasis on practicality, rather than driver appeal. To start with you don't need four seats for driver appeal, so having extra passengers where the engine should be shouldn't really score any points, imho.

But, I suppose it is all down to personal preference when it comes to the crunch. I think the NSX would have been much more fun round the country roads in Wales than the M5. I can say one thing from personal experience ... the NSX is certainly more fun on the A339 from Basingstoke to Alton than the M5 8)

blue5
06-03-2005, 10:32 PM
Hi Clive,

Thanks for the response, i just saw your post. I think you may have cleared up a question which i had doubts about for a while. When i bought the car from the origional owner he said he was told by the dealer that it was "the last 3l manual coupe". When i questioned the product manager at Honda about this a few years later he said that he was not sure but it could be possible but was vague so now i know it is not, unless mine was the last chassis number "in silver" or somthing like? Anyway it must be true the salesman told him :roll: .

I think that soon we will need a registrar to chart all of the cars in the forum n'est pas?

7.5 years and counting!

BrownBear
08-03-2005, 11:41 AM
"the last 3l manual coupe"

Anything for a sale!