PDA

View Full Version : Radidiator and routing of air flow

physick
05-10-2007, 11:18 AM
Hello together,

I'm just writing my bachelor thesis for mechanical engineering in Germany at Porsche. I hope you can read and understand my English :rolleyes: ...

The topic of my bachelor thesis is about optimization of the cooling air flow
to the radiators. Within the scope of a benchmark I'm writing also about other cars with a mid-engine like the Ferrari F430, the Vauxhall VX 220 and others and I'd like to write also something about the Honda / Acura NSX.

Unfortunately the Honda NSX is very rare in Germany, so I hope that YOU can help me:
Do you have some detailled photos of the radiator, the air intakes and outtakes, the air ducts and so on?
Can you describe me the routing of air flow to the radiator and away from the radiator?
Perhaps you can tell me how the components of the air flow system are fixed and screwed together?Best would be a description of the NA2 facelift... if there are differences between the models concerning the radiator air flow.

THX for your help!

Senninha
05-10-2007, 12:11 PM
Hello and good luck with your project

You may find it useful to contact Detlef at Procar who is based in Germany
http://nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=1546 He has recently completed the conversion from pop-up headlamp to fixed headlamp. I believe one of the reasons for this change was for aero-dynamic benefits. He may therefore be able to offer you some useful feedback on both set-ups.

Hope this helps and say Hi to Detlef for me.

regards, Paul