PDA

View Full Version : what carbon bits would you like?

josewick
02-10-2007, 08:06 PM
I will be off to visit my supplier in Japan in 2 weeks time and will be taking some stock parts for them to mould and make in carbon.

I do it for my business but I will try to keep the cost down if I get enough interests.

So what do you guys want and how much will you pay? The reason I ask that is that I have seen the carbon centre console even in yahoo auction over in Japan is well over £ 1k which I think is way too much.

I know there is only a hand full (big hands ;) of NSX owners in the UK that will subtlely modify their cars, but I will see what I can do...

So far I can supply the Type R style Front Bonnet, Bootlid, Light covers in carbon but I might want to do the centre console, ashtray, mirrors etc....

Any input is appreciated

Thanks

Joe

simonprelude
02-10-2007, 08:20 PM
Engine cover with Titanium mesh :)

josewick
02-10-2007, 08:32 PM
can do the engine cover but not sure on the titanium mesh bit tho

TheQuietOne
02-10-2007, 08:38 PM
Rear number plate surround is high on my list...

Senninha
02-10-2007, 08:39 PM
Hi Joe,

Well I guess it would be rude for me not to respond seeing as how I've been nick named the CF king :laugh:

It will all depend upon what level of quality you can offer, what construction, finish and of course value.

I'll attach a few photo's of parts that I know have been made either in Japan or the USA to see if any of these are possibles.

I believe a few of the UK boys / girls would be interested in an OEM style airbox in CF and the rear number plate trim

The console / door trims are often discussed. There are a number of cheaper options available but I have not seen any that compare to the Procar items for OEM look, fit and finish.

I dont believe that cheap and CF go hand in hand which is where many fail when offering these items. I've not seen your supplies so clearly can offer no comment.

There are a number of odd pieces that over time I might like to update so would be good to know if your supplier would be interested in low volume items. One particular item, but not purely CF, would be a replacement to the targa rear a-frame chassis bar, something like the lambo item below. I believe this is allu with CF for the straight bits.

What info do you need to give idea of costs, time etc?

Happy to discuss further

regards, Paul

Lankstarr
02-10-2007, 08:54 PM
Engine cover with Titanium mesh :)

what cover can you do Joe? Does it comemwith mesh and how much?

Cheers

Luke

josewick
02-10-2007, 09:07 PM
bugger, I don;t have a rear number plate surround, does anyone has a spare one I can use or borrow or hire?

Re: Paul's comment;

You might have more experience in CF than myself as we only buy the finished products and do not get involved in making any of it.

However we have been supplying loads on the market for "body styling purpose"

I know there have been issues and quality for the general carbon that is floating on the market, and what we have been doing, mainly are for "show finish" products, than actual weight saving purpose (i.e. the carbon bonnet that we supply weigh about the same as the Scooby Ally bonnet, so not much gain there)

Having said that they are in fact quite a bit lighter than most OEM parts.

We CAN, get it purely made in carbon, what I mean by that is the part has only CARBON layer and nothing else, but cost will be quite a bit more depends on how many layers there are.

I have started this thread not solely in the business point of view, but to offer some sought after products that has been difficult to get or over price. I will be very frankly to say here, that most of the carbon products we supply for road cars are to make to show finish, what that means is that it may be made with a layer fo fibre glass, with a layer or carbon on top, with clear gelcoat, all vacuum pressed, which I have found them good enough but obviouly, if it was for a race team , it is a different story.

I have a stand at Japshow Finale with some of our cars and products on display, for those who are going are welcoem to come for a chat and see for yourself what our products are like.

This thread I intend to target small items, not only i can carry it with me, but for future ordering, it can be easily sent by air. I do offer large items, front wings, rear quarter panels, bonnets and thingsd but they have to come on a sea consignment.

Price wise, I do not know at all until its been made, but I have been selling similar items for skylines and supras, bonnets are approx £ 700, engine cover about £ 175 etc...

So , so far on the list are

rear number plate surround
std air box (complete box?)?
Engine cover

TheQuietOne
02-10-2007, 09:16 PM
Std air box lid would be amazing...

josewick
02-10-2007, 11:19 PM
what about the side vents on the rear 1/4 panels?

TheSebringOne
02-10-2007, 11:45 PM
Maybe door insert panels?

simonprelude
03-10-2007, 06:02 AM
B/C Pillar panels :)

dan the man
03-10-2007, 06:57 AM
must adsmit the door inserts from procar look quality. If i was gona do it id wana have them the same quality and fit etc.

Airbox again one id fancy before others.

NSXGB
03-10-2007, 04:26 PM
+1 for an air box....

Papalazarou
03-10-2007, 06:25 PM
Intake trumpet (the one that fits into the body).

Senninha
03-10-2007, 06:39 PM
http://scienceofspeed.com/products/exterior_performance_products/NSX/Downforce/cowl_clean_air/

This panel, with or without filter system in RHD would be very nice to replace OEM plastic panel