PDA

View Full Version : Automatic NSX driver involvement ?........

dc2upgrade
26-09-2007, 07:13 PM
Hi peeps,
I'm after some help please, there seems to be a few auto cars available here in the u.k and in japan which are within my grasp/budget (£15-18k). I've had a few Auto cars and just returned to a manual integra which is a breath of fresh air after some frankly disappointing auto cars. If you wouldn't mind, I would like some comments about auto nsx's performance, personally i like the way a manual bounces off the rev limiter and then you're able to slot it into the next gear, I'd expect to find that driver involvement is decreased, as with other Auto's but i wonder with the NSX is it as much? To put it bluntly would i be disappointed with an auto? (as if owning an nsx would be disappointing!!!!!!), if i was really considering a manual in the first place? Thanks and regards to you all.

dan the man
26-09-2007, 07:29 PM
from the sounds of it you need a manual pal. :)

they are out there for thnat price if u look.......

britlude
26-09-2007, 07:32 PM
I take it you've never driven any of your auto's like a clutchless manual then?

ok, so the power is down, apparently, not that you'd notice on the road, but it still goes like stink! if you want to lock it off into first, and bounce off the limiter you can, (I did once, when i forgot i'd locked off in first as the horizon was getting closer very quickly) slot into second and off up the revs again.

come to a corner, and the very nice honda engineers decided coverter lockup on over-run would be fun! so, at the corner, shift into third, a little blip of the throttle to help the trans, and engine braking too!

the auto only works as an auto in D. 1,2,and 3 lock into that gear and it stays there.

AR
27-09-2007, 08:25 AM
If you want an Auto get one, but you will miss one of the best features of the NSX, the gearbox!

An auto NSX is a great car, but is more of a GT IMHO than the manual one.

Cheers,

AR

bazza
27-09-2007, 09:08 AM
Agree with AR and DTM..

dc2upgrade
27-09-2007, 03:11 PM
[quote=AR;32319]If you want an Auto get one, but you will miss one of the best features of the NSX, the gearbox!

:) I think it will be a manual then, thanks for the replies. Regards Mark

NSXGB
27-09-2007, 06:41 PM
Will this one do you?

http://nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=3725

TheSebringOne
27-09-2007, 09:13 PM
Me a manual man and not auto! HTH :thumbsup:
I like to be in full total control and have some flexibility!

No disrepect to those with autos. :)

britlude
27-09-2007, 10:06 PM
i should hope not!

At the end of the day we're ALL driving NSXs!

Senninha
27-09-2007, 10:39 PM
Will this one do you?

http://nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=3725
I was thinking the same car ... have seen this one regularly including this week. Always clean, on its toes and with a couple of nice tweaks. Top end of your budget but worth it all day long. Sensible owner too :)

FWIW, I did drive auto during my search. Partly to experience it and partly becoz you can get a later car for your money. Couldn't find a nice one at the time so went with my perfect NSX and love it! Driving the auto was as involving as you want it to be. It is down @25hp but Honda re-engineered to dliver better torque lower down for true real world performance.

If you're mechanically minded then there ara a couple of manuals around that require some tlc, but you could bag yourself a deal

regards,

gumball
28-09-2007, 08:34 AM
i should hope not!

At the end of the day we're ALL driving NSXs!

Yes were all equal, just some are more equal than others:D

TheSebringOne
28-09-2007, 04:26 PM
Yes we all drive the same basic NSX and love them regardless whether there are Manual, Auto, Fixed Coupe or Targa etc. I did say " no disrespect " and apologise again.
Cheers :proud::thumbsup::bigsmile: