PDA

View Full Version : Whereabouts of L421 WMR (NSX Type S?)

markc
21-01-2005, 05:31 PM
Hello Chaps,

I've been a member of this club for about 4yrs and come close to buying a couple of NSX's, including P27 OLU one of the original 3.2 UK press cars, during this time however it's never quite come together.

I'm on the path again and in doing (more) research have seen L421 WMR in a number of Honda promotional pics and videos and am intrigued as to the history of this car. Although UK registered this car appears to be a JDM Type S or Z Zero? It is Imola Orange with the body coloured roof of the post MY2001 UK cars but of course the Type S/S Zero's came like this from their 1998 inception.

Does anyone know if this car is still in the UK... was it ever? Is it a Type S or S Zero?

If anyone can shed any light on it I'd be most interested.

Thanks

Mark

Welshman
21-01-2005, 07:38 PM
You best bet might be to see if a friendly BiB would slip a search through their database.

Paul
21-01-2005, 07:53 PM
Is it W421 WMR or L421 WMR :?: That's one heck of a slip of the finger, making an L a W or vice versa!

jaytip
22-01-2005, 12:59 AM
Is it W421 WMR or L421 WMR :?: That's one heck of a slip of the finger, making an L a W or vice versa!
just looking at my keyboard now and yes there is a fair gap between the two isn't there :lol:

markc
23-01-2005, 10:46 PM
Sorry chaps, I don't why I typed "W" when I meant "L" but it's deffinately L421 WMR I'm talking about.

This car is pictured with another Black NSX, registered P988 RAM in several photograhs I have found. The Black car is also a Type S or S Zero.

Despite the '93 and '96 registration they both must be '97 or later cars and I was wondering what happened to them. Were they only fitted with the UK regisrations for the photo's or were they really imported and registered over here?
'fraid I'm not friendly enough with any plod to get them to run a check on the plates.

Mark

markc
11-04-2005, 08:24 PM
Just picked up a copy of Performance Car (magazine) dated October 1995 from ebay.

The mag contains an article comparing an NSX-R with a Carrera RS (993). The NSX-R wears the above registration L421 WMR!!!

I guess this registration must have been (is still?) owned and used by Honda UK for it's one-off special import vehicles.

I wonder what happened to this NSX-R and as questioned before the Type-S?

The Performance Car article is very complementary to both cars, praising their uncompomising "driving and pur performance" focus. I believe the stock NSX was their reigning PCOTY at the time.

Happy to scan and email the article to anyone here who'd like a copy.

Cheers

Mark

modarr
12-04-2005, 08:47 PM
Hi Mark

I'd love a copy if possible please.

Thanks
Mo

mcibuk
18-04-2005, 05:00 PM
Hi Mark,

I would also like a copy - much obliged

trackdemon
19-04-2005, 04:34 PM
:D Blimey, I'd love to read that Mark - I can host it for you if you want...