PDA

View Full Version : £ 3320.22 after discount

AR
24-09-2007, 04:24 PM
I have the car back now.

Pretty much every gasket was replaced, new manifolds installed, cambelt, camplugs, valve clerances, water pump, oil cooler, new belts, etc.

Now we are cooking!

It had only covered 1k since the last service less than 4 months.

Couple more sheets for the inch thick service history.

Cheers,

AR

Lankstarr
24-09-2007, 07:20 PM
holy sh1t mate that must have hurt! I hope it gives you trouble free motoring for a good while now.

Did something go wrong is that just what people should expect when they hit the second cambelt service after doing 100k?

L*

amo
24-09-2007, 08:34 PM
**** man
how many money trees do u have

thx amo

bazza
24-09-2007, 08:57 PM
Jeez Ary.. :(

How do the GT-011's sound? :)

TheSebringOne
24-09-2007, 11:51 PM
Like Luke asked, was everything needed? when its just had a service less than 1K or 4mths ago? Or were they done for a piece of mind for the future. Is this a typical/expected bill for a 100K car without the headers/manifold upgrades?

AR
25-09-2007, 06:56 AM
It would have been £ 7-800 quids less without installing the manifolds. The main problem was that the water pump was going, there was severe corrosion on the top of the oil cooler ( to the point it was crumbling ), also the connecting water passage pipe. I also had the belts replaced, there were new studs put in as the old ones were going. A few little bolts and brakets, a bulb, fluids, etc.

How does it sound??? Well I was feeling like crap even after the service manager managed to discount over £ 700.00. Even the recepcionist said that it was enough to buy a car. I took the long way home and as soon as I entered my favorite tunnel I was a happy man!

Trouble free motoring I hope, but as I know myself, it will probably be for sale before the summer when I know I won't be using it.

One thing is certain, the car feels, sounds and goes faster than before.

Cheers,

AR

gsuds
25-09-2007, 12:12 PM
Good thing to replace the oil cooler, my one breaking up was what caused the oil to attack my suspension bushes....

G

NSXGB
25-09-2007, 12:50 PM
Sounds like the service that I have just had, cambelt, water pump, belts, plugs, cam plugs, valve clearances and manifolds....I paid £700 ish + the parts. They did say that they had made a mistake and undercharged me though. :)

Steveycaz
25-09-2007, 02:18 PM
Good thing to replace the oil cooler, my one breaking up was what caused the oil to attack my suspension bushes....

G

Is this something I can check myself?

gsuds
25-09-2007, 03:10 PM

Probably...mine was an oil leak so this should be easy enough to spot, you may recall at J*pfest I topped oil up before going on track, back of car was a bit oily from the drive down. Visual check of oil cooler prob also worthwhile. As far as I can see they do just deteriorate with simple age.

G

AR
25-09-2007, 03:42 PM

Check the suspension behind the driver's rear wheel.

AR
25-09-2007, 03:43 PM
Probably...mine was an oil leak so this should be easy enough to spot, you may recall at J*pfest I topped oil up before going on track, back of car was a bit oily from the drive down. Visual check of oil cooler prob also worthwhile. As far as I can see they do just deteriorate with simple age.

G

Maybe a problem with Sebring Silvers! :)

Steve
25-09-2007, 04:28 PM
Although expensive, at least you have peace of mind at 150mph!! and its only money!!

AR
25-09-2007, 06:22 PM
Although expensive, at least you have peace of mind at 150mph!! and its only money!!

Only 150 mph :), me, never over 70 mph!

TheSebringOne
25-09-2007, 09:40 PM
Ary, great news that it sounds and drives 100% after your hefty bill! If you don't mind me asking, why would you have to sell it in the Summer due to lack of use?

Sebring ones! I hope not! So the oil pump is behind the driver's rear wheel/suspension, is this on the service intervals (service book) or if not, simply its age/corrosion. Likewise, is the water pump is also part of service intervals? I hear for a piece of mind, its best done when you have the cambelts done as its easier?