PDA

View Full Version : Nsx-r Value?

fuzilov
21-09-2007, 10:55 AM
Hi, need some help to have car appraised for insurance purpose,need proffessional advice and you guys are the only ones who would know its true value.

2003 NSX-R/17,000 miles/UK CAR
First registered in UK FEB 2004

Thanks

simonprelude
21-09-2007, 11:33 AM
Quite a hard one really, how do you value it ?

I guess the best way would be how much it would cost to replace with another NA2-R from Japan, so I guess Bazza would be your best bet for that.

However, if the worst was to happen and you replaced with another one from Japan your next hurdle would be the SVA which would add another couple of thousand and would an insurance company cover that ?
I guess that would be classed as a seperate uninsured loss that would need to be recovered from a 3rd party in the event of a non fault claim.

If you were to sell the car tomorrow how much would it be worth ?
As an NSX it's value would be around the £40k mark, however as an NSX-R then ? whatever someone is willing to pay, I would guess, £60k ?

A lot of questions unfortunately.

bazza
21-09-2007, 11:48 AM
Quite a hard one really, how do you value it ?

I guess the best way would be how much it would cost to replace with another NA2-R from Japan, so I guess Bazza would be your best bet for that.

However, if the worst was to happen and you replaced with another one from Japan your next hurdle would be the SVA which would add another couple of thousand and would an insurance company cover that ?
I guess that would be classed as a seperate uninsured loss that would need to be recovered from a 3rd party in the event of a non fault claim.

If you were to sell the car tomorrow how much would it be worth ?
As an NSX it's value would be around the £40k mark, however as an NSX-R then ? whatever someone is willing to pay, I would guess, £60k ?

A lot of questions unfortunately.

Spot on.. It is not possible to value it against another NSX in the market.
A replacement would be between £88-£105k OTR.

If you need that in writing for value purposes or more information on their value in Japan just drop me a PM.

I am insured through Swinton for my NA1-R and I got a decent agreed value, I ended up writing them a letter outlining the differences between the 'R and the normal coupe and some prices from Japan as trying to do it over the phone is a nightmare (and they are UK call centres).

Best of luck!

fuzilov
22-09-2007, 01:09 PM
thanks for help will be in touch

dan the man
22-09-2007, 01:11 PM
Its worth what the inusres think someone else will pay..

so ill start a long list and give u 20k for it ;)

kiddin hope you get sorted. for me being the only one its invaluble. got to think of tea Leaves too : O

fuzilov
22-09-2007, 01:27 PM
20k plus six packets of salt & vinegar chips....

dan the man
22-09-2007, 06:01 PM
nah cant stretch to that :(

Lankstarr
22-09-2007, 11:49 PM
I'm tempted but can only stretch to cheese and onion... salt and vinegar is asking a bit much but I'm not sure the insurers will understand.

I've thought about how much I would be willing to pay for your R if it came up for sale ... as have many others I'm sure.

TBH I'd say ~60k... no chips I'm afraid, your dreaming if you thinkl someone is going to go to the hassle of arranging all them chip for ya.

L*