PDA

View Full Version : Twin Ripspeed conversion

Silver Surfer
20-09-2007, 11:30 PM
Finally, Ripspeed conversion !

SS

Senninha
21-09-2007, 07:00 AM
Nice little upgrade. Hopefully its just camera angle as your first photo makes them look off centre ....

regards, Paul

britlude
21-09-2007, 07:54 AM
another turns to the halfords dark side!!! well done!!!

TheSebringOne
21-09-2007, 01:26 PM
Kare, nice job and looks great! Was it a DIY or someone else? I noted you've also changed the bendy piece from the back box (new?) and this is welded to the ripspeeds, looks seemless and most impressed. Since I might convert to the dark side too, I did'nt realise they angled that much upwards?, is yours the same Britlude? :)

britlude
21-09-2007, 04:30 PM
re. the angle upwards.... on mine, it's much the same, the slash cut of the tip being pretty much vertical... the tips tuck up nicely, follow cutout in the bumper, and look so much neater.

SS's definately a more exotic insallation!..... looks like the bend has been removed to make way for a bigger bore, and a swage/step up in the end just to finish before the tips... changing the bend will have more effect on the exhaust note rather than just the tips alone.... correct?

Silver Surfer
22-09-2007, 05:47 PM
I got the job done for 60 squids and they are perfecty central. I will post pics later. Don't think it really made that much different to the exhaust note but difficult to be right sitting inside the car. I did thought that it may be a bit better if it was shorter but now it has grown on me and it look just right. You can see the 'Ripspeed' writing but who's gonna notice unless they inspect it up close.

SS

gumball
24-09-2007, 11:08 AM
I got the job done for 60 squids and they are perfecty central. I will post pics later. Don't think it really made that much different to the exhaust note but difficult to be right sitting inside the car. I did thought that it may be a bit better if it was shorter but now it has grown on me and it look just right. You can see the 'Ripspeed' writing but who's gonna notice unless they inspect it up close.

SS

Their not going to make any difference to your exhaust note, their for making Nova's look "sporty";)

Papalazarou
24-09-2007, 12:43 PM
They can make a bit of a difference if they're packed. but you're right, on an already quiet silencer it won't be noticeable.

Cheers,

James.

Silver Surfer
24-09-2007, 10:45 PM
More pics of my Ripspeeds...the finished product.

SS

TheSebringOne
24-09-2007, 11:40 PM
Very zorsty nice Kare! Decisions, decisions, they are growing on me now, but I also like what DTM has just fitted too as they look OEMs on 02+.

howellr
04-12-2007, 11:45 AM
Just had the same treatment from a garage just inside North Wales...

I'll post a couple more pics when it's out in the daylight and clean.

Can't hear any difference from inside but i guess if the air goes thru the little holes it will sound a bit different.
The guys in the garage were suitably excited and the owner invited a guy down who owns an NSX to have a look at the finished work.
R

Senninha
04-12-2007, 12:30 PM
Certainly looks like a nice neat job, congrats

regards,Paul

Silver Surfer
04-12-2007, 04:05 PM
Now you have joined the club within the club!!
Looks good........need to keep it shiny though! :)

SS

TheSebringOne
04-12-2007, 08:01 PM
Sounds daft, are they RipSpeeds too as they seem seamless? Also have you had middle kinked connecting pipes bewteen the tips and the back box as can see fresh welds next to the back box?

Silver Surfer
04-12-2007, 10:13 PM
They are not Ripspeeds.......:no:

SS

britlude
04-12-2007, 10:32 PM
I concur!!!!

howellr
04-12-2007, 10:54 PM
Hello Folks,

Deeside tyre services on Queensferry Industrial estate fitted them. Brian is the owner and Billy is the real worker ! They do full bespoke as well as adding pipes. (plus tyres but I don't get mine there).
Brian said he wouldn't make me a complete bespoke system but if i imported a proper one he could do the fitting. He's not big enuf as an operation to handle specially tuned cars but the pics he showed me were of Golfs, Corsas, Mondeos etc.

He cut the old pipes off about 1.5 inches from the back box, made stainless pipes which feed the back of the twins and welded them. It took about 3 hours.

I have no idea what make they are but I'm sure Brian could tell anyone who is interested. They came recommended by the guy who fits my tyres (also local to Queensferry).

Sorry the 2nd pic was a bit blurred but it was early this morning !
Rod