PDA

View Full Version : Green 97 Manual Targa on Autotrader at £25,750

kevinpsw
14-09-2007, 09:06 AM
Anyone been to see this car or know anything about its history?

It is in Warwickshire and I understand it to be about 63k miles but still on original clutch. The dealer says it is excellent condition (I know, he would wouldn't he) and that he is using it himself.

It's a 200 mile round trip for me to go to see it and I don't want a wasted journey.

simonprelude
14-09-2007, 10:12 AM
This one ??

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/CARS_popup.jsp?searchform=&modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&photo=1&state=none&sort=3&hassearched=Y&make=HONDA&min_pr=75&source=0&model=NSX&max_pr=&miles=1500&agerange=&mileage=&postcode=sw1a+1aa&bodyid=0&fuelid=0&colour=&transmissionid=0&ukcarsearch_full.x=37&ukcarsearch_full.y=9&ukcarsearch_full=SEARCH&start=6&distance=73&adcategory=CARS&channel=CARS&id=200736294223913

From the pictures, car looks good.

Price seems a little keen for one of the last 3.0's ??
But I guess if it is a good one then you will have to pay a premium whether you want a Targa or not.

kevinpsw
14-09-2007, 12:42 PM
That's the one. I would agree about the price seeming a bit high but Chiswick Honda have just sold a very similar coupe, same age and mileage, for £27k. Mind you, it did have £4k of new stereo, sat nav/DVD and radar detectors on it (superbly installed by the looks of it) + 1 year's Honda warranty.

It will all depend what the insurance pay out on my P(97) yellow manual with 71k on the clock. The salvage yard was to take it away from Chiswick Honda this morning - black armbands all round.

Such prices make it even more obvious what stonking value the 2001 silver car was if it really did sell at the advertised price. I wouldn't be surprised though if it went for a higher amount.

TheQuietOne
14-09-2007, 03:07 PM
Hi,

I'm not too far from this car if you would like me to take a spin down there and give you a preliminary look over (I'm not very technically minded though!) I'd also be happy to pop down if you make the trip so you have another to compare it too FWIW!

I seem to remember it is about 45 mins from me though, what's the postcode for it?

simonprelude
14-09-2007, 03:25 PM
Viewing by appointment only.

CV47 8NR

I seem to remember it is about 45 mins from me though, what's the postcode for it?

TheQuietOne
14-09-2007, 03:32 PM
Viewing by appointment only.

CV47 8NR

40 miles from me, a bit too far with my current work situation, but I would be happy to go down and give a second opinion if you get that far.

Sorry...

kevinpsw
14-09-2007, 04:17 PM
Chiswick Honda are expecting a 95 Green manual, one they have sold twice before, in very soon so that would be my first choice as Chiswick is just 10 miles from me.

I wouldn't want anyone to go to any great trouble at this stage yet there are unlikely to be too many around that I can afford. So, if anyone is passing.....