PDA

View Full Version : Crank Pulley / Harmonic Balancer

BabyG
12-09-2007, 11:31 AM
In for a cambelt service, looks like I need a new Crank Pulley (105k miles). The engine's open anyway so no labour, but it's looking north of £300 and a back order from Honda which could take a while. I can't see it on Dali or SoS - any ideas where I can source one of these for less than the full HUK price reasonably soon (would wait for the US if reqd)?

It's what's standing between me and the first proper drive :angry:

Cheers,
Rich

forumadmin
12-09-2007, 11:46 AM
Just because it's not listed doesn't mean Dali or anyone won't get one for you.

TheSebringOne
12-09-2007, 12:19 PM
Maybe try Bazza at NSXVTEC here, but not sure how quick he can get one from Japan, mind you if you're considering getting them cheaper from the States, then shippings involved anyway and Bazza's price are comparable with the US suppliers. HTH

NSXGB
12-09-2007, 12:32 PM
SOS will supply OEM parts, just shoot them a mail with the part number. I would guess it'll be the same in $ as it is in £ or very close + approx $35 shipping (not sure if it's that heavy?).

Not tried them but Ray Laks Acura (google it) will also send parts to the UK.

Should work out at about just over half of what HUK are asking.

If you want second hand, AMO might be able to help you out to get it on the road asap. Failing that Dirk could probably help.

What stealership did you go for in the end?

TheSebringOne
12-09-2007, 12:38 PM
Just bare in mind with the good Dollar V Sterling exchange rates, that you may/will get charged additional cost such as Import duty, VAT, Custom admin charges, courier to dispatch to you, unless you go to the airport! Depending the weight and value, add in additional 30%, which covers Duty/VAT bit. Just do the sums and see, maybe still better from States? HTH

NSXGB
12-09-2007, 12:45 PM
Just bare in mind with the good Dollar V Sterling exchange rates, that you may/will get charged additional cost such as Import duty, VAT, Custom admin charges, courier to dispatch to you, unless you go to the airport! Depending the weight and value, add in additional 30%, which covers Duty/VAT bit. Just do the sums and see, maybe still better from States? HTH

BabyG, if you are going down this route (importing from the USA), PM me and I'll pass on some useful info.

AR
12-09-2007, 01:40 PM
Group buy?

markc
12-09-2007, 02:07 PM
What can go wrong with a crank pulley?

Mark

forumadmin
12-09-2007, 02:11 PM
It's not just 'a pulley'. It's made up of two separate parts of metal, held together by rubber in between. The rubber perishes and comes out.

When it comes out, it can get caught between the cam pulley and the cam belt. Untold damage will then follow.

It's a known issue on older cars, and engines have exploded becuase of it.

amo
12-09-2007, 02:44 PM
mate let me know if u want 1 and ill get it off the engine
thx amo

BabyG
12-09-2007, 02:44 PM
Thanks everyone - I've emailed Barry and Mark, I'll look at what the others can do. I'm being looked after by Norton Way in the end, seemed like the best way forward and hopefully preventing exploding engines!

To this end I'm looking for a new one - as the engine's open it will be a lot cheaper to get it right once than putting it back together just to open her up again. Looks like it will be a couple of weeks before I get my mitts on her!

Rich

markc
12-09-2007, 03:08 PM
So not only a dual mass flywheel on one end but a dual mass crank pulley on the other :)

I hope I'm not treading on any toes but...

Amo, I wouldn't split that from your spare engine if I were you. Apart from the fact that if anyone needs a new one they're probably best of putting on a brand new one, but removing it from your spare engine might devalue it as a whole! You've had no takers for the engine yet then?

Mark

BabyG
12-09-2007, 03:19 PM
Spoken to HUK - this is the right part #.

I've pulled out Part #13811-PR7-A02 from NSXPrime - is there any way of confirming this is the right one for UK? I'm sure there won't be any difference between the parts but better safe than sorry!
Cheers,
Rich

simonprelude
12-09-2007, 04:46 PM
That part appears to be the correct one for all regions, all years :)

Spoken to HUK - this is the right part #.

I've pulled out Part #13811-PR7-A02 from NSXPrime - is there any way of confirming this is the right one for UK? I'm sure there won't be any difference between the parts but better safe than sorry!
Cheers,
Rich