PDA

View Full Version : Windscreen washer not working

NSA
11-09-2007, 10:23 AM
My windscreen washers are not spraying water onto the screen.

1. Fuse OK
2. No noise from motor
3. Will test relay tonight

Has anybody had this problem before? Couldn't find many threads here or on NSX Prime.

Hope it's the relay because motors are $300.

Mr_Spanners
11-09-2007, 02:25 PM
Not had the NSX pump\motor fail but the one on my Civic did (no noise at pump). Replacement cost was £10 IIRC and I can't imagine the NSX pump being much different to other honda pumps (which are made by someone else anyway).

If it is the pump (motor) then remove it from the washer reservoir and then go to your local autofactors and see if they can find something that matches it.... chances are it'll be the same as another Honda model.

NSXGB
11-09-2007, 06:57 PM
My windscreen washers are not spraying water onto the screen.

1. Fuse OK
2. No noise from motor

Has anybody had this problem before? Couldn't find many threads here or on NSX Prime.

Hope it's the relay because motors are $300.

1. Fuse OK
2. No noise from motor
4. Check that there is water in there!

The MOT guys nearly failed my car once because they said the washers weren't working. It was out of water. I could not hear the motor running when the stalk was pressed (admittedly without my head under the bonnet) but topping it up cured it....

TheSebringOne
11-09-2007, 11:35 PM
If you polish the car, I had same problem when after polishing the car lots of time, you can build up chalk deposits near the jets. Went to IOM for a time attack on TT course and when needed, got virtually sweet FA! When you try to hear the motors, you can't! Have you checked to see whether theres water in the plastic rubber tubes attached to under the bonnet, you can detached them to look at certain junctions of the tubes. Also try a small long thin sawing needle in the holes to dislodge any dirt or polish chalk thats built up over time? HTH

NSA
12-09-2007, 07:54 AM
Thanks for the help guys. Definitely water in there and no noise from motor so doubt it's a blocked hose or nozzle. I'll check the relay tonight and then the motor over the weekend. All detailed in the service manual!

Great advice about buying a standard Honda / similar generic water pump. I'm not 100% that the $300 price is correct but...

Have you also seen the NSX Wiki started on NSX Prime? Very useful.

NSA
24-09-2007, 11:12 AM
New windscreen washer pump £58 from HUK, fitting 1hr (£90 at Chiswick), all plus VAT.

TheSebringOne
24-09-2007, 01:01 PM
Thats a nice surprise £58+ vat for an OEM part from HUK! Thought the way things are with HUK prices, it have a another digit in front of the figure! So thats £90 for an hour labour, excluding VAT? Seems steep even for the SE!

NSX 2000
24-09-2007, 02:40 PM
So thats £90 for an hour labour, excluding VAT? Seems steep even for the SE!

IIRC BMW and Mercerdes labour rate is now over the £100 per hour, plus the VAT on top!

TheSebringOne
24-09-2007, 11:58 PM
Good job I live up North! My BMW and X's rates from the dealers are I think in the £75-£80 + vat regions, must check if inflation taken grip! :(