PDA

View Full Version : Sacrificed NSX

gumball
09-09-2007, 08:53 AM
Searching for NSX factory pics and saw this:
http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.markalexandermiller.com/TheCarFactory/NSXDemon8.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.markalexandermiller.com/TheCarFactory/new_stuff.htm&h=378&w=504&sz=189&hl=en&start=93&um=1&tbnid=HRJWGnFSrIeV3M:&tbnh=98&tbnw=130&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dnsx%2Bfactory%26start%3D80%26ndsp%3D2 0%26svnum%3D10%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN

Car mutilating bastards.

Kevin
09-09-2007, 09:22 AM
However the NSX does look kinda good in the pics with the roof and body cutoff. It shows that my opinion the rear overhang is too long. It looks better with the tail cut off.

TheSebringOne
09-09-2007, 12:32 PM
Kevin, are you condoning cannibalism! Why oh why would you want to own a pretend Lambo Countach!?! As for the rear over hang, no room for the golf clubs or shopping!, but yes the X would have looked more sexy if rear was little shorter! I notice in the back ground theres a fake Porker CGT! :eek: I wander if the LBB was involved in a RTA, picked up cheaply, then reborn as a lardy Italian (No offence to Italians)? If not, that then its sacrilege :no::angry::beatdown:

AR
09-09-2007, 12:47 PM
I'll rather see a crashed NSX reborn into a replica Diablo than returned tpo the NSX community.

As Del Boy would say, you know it makes sense!

TheSebringOne
09-09-2007, 01:23 PM
I'm not sure I agree Ary? Why make something that it is'nt. I know rebuilding a car can be a senstive issue, but if its panels only & chassis untouched, then why not return it back to original shape! Of course price would have to be adjusted accordingly, I just find it bizzare that if I wanted a Lambo Countach and to find out its an NSX underneath, a big shock, but then again, it would be alot more reliable than a raging bull ! :)

gumball
09-09-2007, 01:31 PM
I'll rather see a crashed NSX reborn into a replica Diablo than returned tpo the NSX community.

As Del Boy would say, you know it makes sense!

What! you know it makes sense!?, all kitcars are absolutely worthless, their Boxter/CarreraGT is especially bad, but also unintentionally hilarious.

TheSebringOne
09-09-2007, 01:36 PM
Yep, I was going to mention that its kit car-ish too, even though under the skin, its an X!!

AR
09-09-2007, 02:01 PM
All kit cars are not rubish.

But if a rolled NSX take Amo's ( Si of Kent ) Sebring Silver one, can't be rebuilt as an NSX, but can be used for another car, what is so horrible about it.

Would I do that to my car in it's current condition, no way!

gumball
09-09-2007, 04:51 PM
All kit cars are not rubish.

But if a rolled NSX take Amo's ( Si of Kent ) Sebring Silver one, can't be rebuilt as an NSX, but can be used for another car, what is so horrible about it.

Would I do that to my car in it's current condition, no way!

If it can't be rebuilt as an NSX, their's something wrong with the chassis, so it can't be rebuilt as anything else either. Kitcars are a joke they can't build their own chassis so they stick some tupperware to someone elses. even if you could save a crashed car, much rather let it die than do that, it would be like if you were dying and the only way to save you was to attach trotters and live your life as a pig.

britlude
09-09-2007, 05:31 PM
curious... useless if the chassis is damaged? Dirk sold 6 engines/boxes to some french guy for dune buggy racers.... you obviously haven't seen some of the kit-car chassis out there then, they don't all look like bed-steads!

AR
09-09-2007, 06:04 PM
If it can't be rebuilt as an NSX, their's something wrong with the chassis, so it can't be rebuilt as anything else either. Kitcars are a joke they can't build their own chassis so they stick some tupperware to someone elses. even if you could save a crashed car, much rather let it die than do that, it would be like if you were dying and the only way to save you was to attach trotters and live your life as a pig.

We are getting deeper and deeper into reincarnation and ethaphysical stuuff?

The Noble is a Kitcar, so is the smart car in America and pretty much every GT40 you see put there.

gumball
09-09-2007, 06:11 PM
We are getting deeper and deeper into reincarnation and ethaphysical stuuff?

The Noble is a Kitcar, so is the smart car in America and pretty much every GT40 you see put there.

Exactly, glad you agree now, you missed the Cobra kitcar and Trevor

Mr_Spanners
09-09-2007, 06:40 PM
even if you could save a crashed car, much rather let it die than do that, it would be like if you were dying and the only way to save you was to attach trotters and live your life as a pig.

http://www.picpop.com/gallery/albums/userpics/1-14-05/darthvader.jpg

:beer:

gumball
09-09-2007, 07:05 PM
There are people why actually like kitcars?, I thought you were a sensible lot, oh I get it.. you used to own a Trevor kitcar?

Why would you make less sense because you talk through a tube?:dunno:

TheSebringOne
09-09-2007, 11:51 PM
I'm not criticising kit cars, I mean is its a bit kit car-ish what they done to the LBB X. What constitutes a Kit cars can be a grey area, I know certain bespoked independent car makers that can produced some well made and crafted cars that sells in small numbers, but if people want something different, then thats theirs choice and wallet! Whether its unreliable, suspect finishing touches, water tight etc, well that comes with buying something non massed produced and hand made! Without going totally off the original thread, there are some great so called kit cars, eg. Ultima springs to mind, they hold their value well and reputable supercar dealers sell them second hand. My 2p ! :)

jaytip
11-09-2007, 02:12 AM
Kitcars are a joke they can't build their own chassis so they stick some tupperware to someone elses. even if you could save a crashed car, much rather let it die than do that, it would be like if you were dying and the only way to save you was to attach trotters and live your life as a pig.
Talk about tarring everyone with the same brush:rolleyes:
Ok so you don't like kit-cars,but to say they are a joke is really narrow minded.Some GT40 replicas have amazing build quality(see EVO 105 and 107) and cost more than the NSX did new.

gumball
11-09-2007, 12:18 PM
Talk about tarring everyone with the same brush:rolleyes:
Ok so you don't like kit-cars,but to say they are a joke is really narrow minded.Some GT40 replicas have amazing build quality(see EVO 105 and 107) and cost more than the NSX did new.

Their overpriced too?

AR
11-09-2007, 12:58 PM
http://www.forumspile.com/Misc-FFS-Worf.gif

Some kit cars are great so please stop judging them all by those 355 MR2s!

Rob_Fenn
11-09-2007, 02:47 PM
Kit cars are a load of pap though. The only decent ones i've seen is when an owner has spent 10 years of his retirement to bring one up to scratch.

For example, their maybe some nice GTD40s out there, but there are still plenty of dogs because they're only as good as the individual(s) who built them.

The press cars aren't a true reflection IMO.

Having said all that, i would like to own a Cobra replica at some point. Who cares if it's pants, as long as it looks good and sounds good i'd be happy.

gsuds
11-09-2007, 03:07 PM
Having driven a Gardner Douglas Cobra rep...it is indeed a helluva lot of fun, very quick, nice noise, easily better build quality than a Trev, in fact easily better build quality than the original, admittedly not hard....

...but then it's a replica rather than a kit car (btw, Trevors aren't kit cars or replicas anyway!!!)

What about Caterhams?

;)

Graham

gumball
11-09-2007, 03:25 PM
Back to NSX's, i'm sure most would agree that an NSX should not be converted into a Ferrari/Lamborghini look alike as the NSX is one of the best cars ever made in it's own right, i'm very biased but still those in the know, know how good they are.
I wouldn't even like to see a crashed one end it's days as one of those monstrosities Anyway, of the conversions i've seen they have been based on a perfectly seviceable NSX:angry:.
As for Lotus7 and Cobra replicas, I can see why you would race one as everything is allready stripped out for you, but used as a road car? no way.

NSA
12-09-2007, 08:31 AM
Agreed that there are lots of bad kit cars. The worst must be those that copy crap (IMO) cars, like the Banham Audi TT kits. Loving cars as I do it takes a lot for me to laugh at another man's pride and joy, but I must confess that they always make me smirk.

The Ultima is a very good kit car, and agreed the Gardner Douglas Cobras, CAV GT40s are excellent. GD also makes a fantastic Lola T70 replica.