PDA

View Full Version : Idiot or why not to believe everything

AR
08-09-2007, 11:17 PM
So JDM hand made exhaust + UK car = scorched valance!

I got my old GT Rom Ti exhaust from bazza and installed it in my NSX. I hacd to run to Tesco's for the wife and as I had just taken out my clock fuse, I decided to give the newly installed exhaust a go.

All was fine until I got home an my wife pointed out that my car smelled funny.

The culprit???

A half melted rear valance!!!

So watch out when you install a new exhaust.

Silver Surfer
08-09-2007, 11:24 PM
Any gory pics?

SS :(

AR
09-09-2007, 12:42 AM
Actually looking at it now is not that bad, about the size of a 2 p coin.

Let me clarify that this has nothing to do with Bazza or GT-Rom but rather the uniqueness of the NSX and one hasty owner!

Pictures to follow soon.

Cheers,

AR

AR
09-09-2007, 12:50 AM
PS it also gives me an excuse to get the 02 or GT rom valance!

BTW posting pissed is not as much fun!

AR
09-09-2007, 07:41 AM
After further investigation it turned out that my valance and not the exhaust is the problem. Looking at my rear bumber if you have a UK car you can see the Euro Smile. As the rear valance sags it makes it contact the exhaust more than the JDM/USDM ones.

Maybe once the headers are on it will change the angle?

Cheers,

AR

bazza
09-09-2007, 08:30 AM
Sorry to read this Ary. You got any pics?

AR
09-09-2007, 08:52 AM
I guess the car wanted the 02 sorrounded tip look! Hardly noticeable until you look for it.

After I get the car back from Honda with the headers, I will look for solution. I might cut the valance ( chav style ) enough so it does not melt. Sand and paint the edge and Bob's your Mum's brother!

AR
09-09-2007, 09:03 AM
BTW I took the hangers off to test it, and it is still touching. So I am the headers will bring them lower.

Lankstarr
09-09-2007, 09:27 AM
Ary,

How many different back boxes have you had on there now? all that chopping and changing must be exhausting:rolleyes:

Sorry to hearthat the Ti exhaust stinks, at least it didn't melt a new valance I suppose.

Rather than chopping chavvy stylely why don't you get some Chavtastic metal heat guards!!!

You'll find some way around it!

Luke

NSXGB
09-09-2007, 09:33 AM
I say trim the plastic back....even more weight savings. :)

Lankstarr
09-09-2007, 09:43 AM
given up :O(

Matt showed me how to post pics from desktop rather than uploading tehm to say photobucket then linking to them there. I can't figure it out now :grrrrr:

NSXGB
09-09-2007, 10:04 AM
given up :O(

Matt showed me how to post pics from desktop rather than uploading tehm to say photobucket then linking to them there. I can't figure it out now :grrrrr:

When replying to a post, click on the paperclip, click on browse, double click the pic you want from your desktop, click on upload. When uploaded, click the paperclip again to 'manage your attachments' and insert your image....

AR
09-09-2007, 10:43 AM
Well I have a bit of cold and I am hungover. I really feel sick as a dog, but that is not stopping me from tinkering with it.

Out came the Saw All, Jig Saw, Stanley Knife, Files and sandpaper.

Here is the result, and I am pleased with it. You will notice that the gap on the left hand side is about 4 mm more than the right, that is the way it was before too. I decided to cut the plastic the same distance both sides in case of any change when the headers are on.

As you can see you'll have to be told about it to really notice it, but hey some of us can't help it. All in all I am happy and it does not burn anymore!

AR
09-09-2007, 10:47 AM
Shadows make it seem irregular, but tape measure never fails!

TheSebringOne
09-09-2007, 12:47 PM
Ary, if you decide to cut the rear lower valances, maybe make the cuts a curve in tandem with the curve of your zorst? Think it would look cool! By the way, never thought I say this, but those tips look sexy and the blue edges look cool! :thumbsup:

AR
09-09-2007, 01:06 PM
Ary, if you decide to cut the rear lower valances, maybe make the cuts a curve in tandem with the curve of your zorst? Think it would look cool! By the way, never thought I say this, but those tips look sexy and the blue edges look cool! :thumbsup:

Cheers for the comments, BTW is already done!