PDA

View Full Version : Another one bites the dust!

kevinpsw
07-09-2007, 12:01 PM
Sadly my beautiful car N5XTS was wacked by a Polish LHD truck driver on the M25 yesterday sending me spinning across the motorway into the hard shoulder crash barrier. He changed lane as I was in his blind spot alongside his cab doing almost 60 and he hit my rear passenger wing. 30+ tonnes meets 1.5 tonnes, not really much of a contest. He did at least have the decency to stop and provide his insurance details. Such is the strength of the car, I walked away unhurt. The news on the car, however, is not good - £28k worth of repairs @ Chiswick Honda. As a 97 car, it will be written off.

So, I need a new NSX. If you have one for sale (must be manual and in tip top condition) drop me a line. How much I can pay will depend upon the insurance settlement.

I'll try and post some photos.

Lankstarr
07-09-2007, 12:04 PM
Sorry to hear that Kevin. Main thing ios that you are OK.

I hope the insurers are fair to you (ALWAYS reject the first offer!) and that you can find a better replacement to compensate you for the harsh time you must be going through.

Luke

simonprelude
07-09-2007, 12:05 PM
As long as you are alright, that's the main thing.
Cars can be replaced, people can't.

Any pictures for the morbid amongst us, so 'when' the car reappears after a botched repair job then we can be aware.

Have you arranged for the plate to be put on retention yes ??

TheSebringOne
07-09-2007, 12:07 PM
Very sad, but great news you are ok! :) Good luck in your hunt for a new one, strangely I've just posted what I believe is a very cheap 2001, manual targa on the photo Gallery thread, only £26,500.00 :eek: :eek:

Lankstarr
07-09-2007, 12:18 PM
was just about to point that out- judging by Damiens it is 6/7k underpriced. If it hasn;'t sold already get it, get a loan ... do something!!!

2001 HONDA NSX 3.2 V6 2dr Targa (private)

11,500 miles
Manual
SILVER
Petrol
Manual, 11,500 miles, Silver. ABS, Air bags, Air conditioning, Alloy wheels, Body coloured bumpers, Central locking, Climate control, Cruise control, Electric windows, Electric seats, PAS, ICE (six

dunno where the rest went!

simonprelude
07-09-2007, 12:24 PM
I stole it.....

http://nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?p=30758#post30758

was just about to point that out- judging by Damiens it is 6/7k underpriced. If it hasn;'t sold already get it, get a loan ... do something!!!

2001 HONDA NSX 3.2 V6 2dr Targa (private)

11,500 miles
Manual
SILVER
Petrol
Manual, 11,500 miles, Silver. ABS, Air bags, Air conditioning, Alloy wheels, Body coloured bumpers, Central locking, Climate control, Cruise control, Electric windows, Electric seats, PAS, ICE (six

dunno where the rest went!

Steveycaz
07-09-2007, 12:29 PM
My condolences also mate but agree its good to hear that you are ok! Good luck with the replacement.

kevinpsw
07-09-2007, 03:47 PM
One minor consolation. I am now driving a reported 500 bhp 4.2 V8 Audi RS6 provided by company contacted by Chiswick Honda. Black with darkened glass and drug dealer wheels. I haven't dared to touch the Sport button yet. 3rd party insurer will be paying £185 per day so there's an incentive to do a deal quickly. Let's hope the £26,500 silver 3.2 isn't still on Autotrader when the insurer researches NSX prices.

Anyway, better than the "oh, your car's a two door Honda, would a 1.2 Corsa be OK?"

nsx_vtec
07-09-2007, 03:59 PM
sorry to hear that buddy,

Hope u got a decent amount for ur old 1!

Enjoy the RS4, ive driven one a few weeks back, its an awesome machine!

That Sport button on increases the throttle response i was told.

TheSebringOne
07-09-2007, 04:10 PM
Sorry, think its a RS6, not a RS4 with 414 bhp :D

kevinpsw
07-09-2007, 04:14 PM
I did make a gasp of disbelief when they told me 500 bhp. Still, 414 does seem quite powerful for an estate car. I like it but it's nowhere near as much fun as an NSX.

nsx_vtec
07-09-2007, 04:52 PM
Sorry, think its a RS6, not a RS4 with 414 bhp :D

ahhhhh must b half asleep

AR
07-09-2007, 04:52 PM
Sorry to hear that mate I know how it feels.

Good luck on your search,

Simon have you started a list of those of us who have "lost" one?

Cheers,

Ary

Nick Graves
07-09-2007, 06:03 PM
Sorry to hear about it.

Good luck in finding a replacement!

Silver Surfer
07-09-2007, 08:33 PM
God God!! Good to hear you are unscathed physically.

There are a few bargain X's popping up now and again so enjoy the RS6 in the interlude.

Regards

SS

PeteM
08-09-2007, 12:25 PM
Very sorry to hear of your loss but glad that you got out okay.

This is becoming more common on our motorways with continental left hand drive lorries.

The same thing happend to a friend of mine, he also got out the car unscathed but his car was also a write off. One less Vectra is not a bad thing in my opinion but one less NSX is a different matter......:(

Hope you find a replacement soon.

kevinpsw
15-09-2007, 06:42 AM
Some photos, when stuck on the crash barrier facing the wrong way down the M25 and of the resultant damage. Picture 3 shows evidence of the damaged suspension arms that no longer hold the wheel upright correctly and the last picture shows the relatively minor damage caused by the truck as it pushed into me to start the spin.

Chiswick Honda quoted £28k (incl VAT) for repairs of which ~£20k was parts. The panels and, especially, the suspension arms, were horribly expensive new. A patient man could probably source most of the components second hand and, with access to the right type of jig and skilled people, a repair must surely be possible for a much lower sum than Chiswick's.

However, we all know how insurance write-offs lose their re-sale value so it would probably not be worth it as a business opportunity. Anyway, there is going to be a wealth of good condition spare parts out there somewhere if the car gets broken up.

I haven't even had to provide a written statement for the insurance company so liability does not seem to be in doubt. I am enjoying the 500 bhp of the RS6 (but not the <20 mpg) although, truly, and despite the awesome performance of the Audi, I'd prefer the NSX anyday.

dan the man
15-09-2007, 06:56 AM
yellow too :(

so sorry mate.. i could have had your lights- kidding ;)

all the best.

dan

TheSebringOne
15-09-2007, 01:32 PM
What a bunch of sad pictures! :cantlook: At least your'e ok. :)

Is that the average mpg for the RS6? What does the TT sounds like when you hit the gas? Does it have a decent sound, although not like the Xs.

gumball
15-09-2007, 01:48 PM
Stop saying "at least your ok" .They've stopped making NSX's but their still making people:);)

Carl-1969
15-09-2007, 02:30 PM
Stop saying "at least your ok" .They've stopped making NSX's but their still making people:);)

That made me laugh. :laugh:

amo
15-09-2007, 03:08 PM
sorry mate just seen this
well glad u ok
u can get another nsx no worries
thx amo