PDA

View Full Version : Sarf London Meet - Sat 19th Feb - Boxhill

BrownBear
12-01-2005, 10:10 AM
Hi,

As mentioned elsewhere there seems to be an unusual clustering of NSXs in the SouthEast London/Kent area?

Anyone up for an informal meeting, one Sunday morning?

Suggestions for dates/locations or routes invited -

Regards
Joe

trackdemon
12-01-2005, 10:40 AM
Joe,

I could recommend a terrific route on Essex, not too far if your in S London or Kent - just a few miles up the M11 then some brilliant countryside beckons. Great driving roads, lots of nice country pubs to stop for lumch etc.

cheers,
Steve

lotusolly
13-01-2005, 05:44 PM
Hi all,

Count me in for a meet.
Nothing springs to mind for a location though! We seem to have a lot of roadworks or the roads are just too busy here!

Olly

Kevin
13-01-2005, 06:14 PM
I've seen the pics Trackdemon has taken on one of his 'Sunday runs'. They look like pretty good routes, with photo opportunities.

I'd have to break my policy of not using the car on the road though to attend.

Maybe Trackdemon can post up a route, stopping for lunch?

trackdemon
13-01-2005, 07:05 PM
Kevin, I'd be happy to. Perhaps we could organize an NSX only Sunday run? Starting point is Birchager svcs on the M11, so convenient for many in Essex / Herts / London, even Kent & Cambs. I have a 120(ish) mile route which ends in Finchingfield (http://streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=568545&y=232902&z=3&sv=finchingfield&st=3&tl=Finchingfield,+Essex+[Town]&searchp=newsearch.srf&mapp=newmap.srf) where there is a throughly decent pub to stop for lunch and a swift half.
As Kevin mentions, we normally stop a couple of times en route so I can indulge myself in photography. Also a convenient "call of nature" stop too....

Can we have a show of hands for people who'd be interested in this?

BrownBear
13-01-2005, 09:25 PM
Sounds good to me.

lotusolly
13-01-2005, 10:41 PM
providing the date's convinient me too :)

Olly

Paul
13-01-2005, 10:43 PM
If it doesn't clash with a Sunday I'm busy, I'd be interested.

What time of yaer are we thinking here ... withing the next three of four weeks, or a bit closer to spring? Mid Feb is a no go time for me and I'm usually busy one Sunday a month. But, would love to meet up with some fellow NSX owners and see some other NSXs 'in the flesh' as it were.

I've met 'MikeL' once and seen his baby as he also lives in Basingstoke, but it was just a short chat for 20 minutes in the local supermarket carpark ... lots of people looking at two beautiful cars they'd probably never seen before ... :D

But, a group of NSXs partaking in a Sunday drive and some good opportunities for talking to other owners and hearing what one sounds like from outside ... I don't trust anyone I know enough (or maybe it's just cos my baby is my pride and joy) to let them take her for a spin up and down the road while I have a listen :!:

When a date, or list of possible dates, is posted, I'll let you nkow if I can make it.

Mike_L
19-01-2005, 11:46 PM
Hi Paul -

My mates keep saying they have seen my car around Basingstoke. I presume that it yours they have seen as I have been a bit of a NSX recluse recently with it laid up in the garage over the worst of the winter weather. (or is that still to come!)

I'd be up for a 'Sunday' run as well.

osiris_x11
20-01-2005, 03:39 PM
Hello everyone! I'm visiting London for a few months (medical training). I have a 1991 Acura NSX 5spd back in the States. I came across this site w/ the help of j14nsx on ww.nsxprime.com . I'd sincerely be in gratitude to anyone who can include w/ the planned weekend drives. I'm located in the Romford area of Essex. I have family in Chelmsford and I must say, the drives around there seem very pleasant on the weekends.

I can fwd my mobile number for future contact... Once again, sincere thanks! Look fwd to meeting many other NSX enthusiasists while I'm here in England!

Paul
20-01-2005, 06:04 PM
My mates keep saying they have seen my car around Basingstoke. I presume that it yours they have seen as I have been a bit of a NSX recluse recently with it laid up in the garage over the worst of the winter weather. lol ... Probably was me ... but it won't be much in the coming weeks, I've retired her to the garage for the rest of the winter, although I'll take her out at the weekends if it's dry.

Are there any dates in mind yet :?:

BrownBear
20-01-2005, 07:01 PM
Dates?

OK - Sunday 13th Feb is the day.

Don't worry if you can't make this one - we'll do some others

This is just going to be an informal meet, drive, pub-lunch type of thing - nothing major...

(if you need me to start a thread for an alternate date/venue, please PM me)

cheers

Kevin
20-01-2005, 08:16 PM
13th Sounds good to me.

One thing about meetings is that there will never be a day which everyone can make.

We'll just have to have more than one, to give people a chance to attend.

Paul
20-01-2005, 11:16 PM
Have a good time on the 13th ... I'll have to catch the next meet as I'll be in Malaysia :(

I'm thoroughly looking forward the the first NSX meet that I can attend ... but I'll have to wait till later in the year.

BrownBear
02-02-2005, 09:01 AM
The Venue/route for this is Trackdemon's suggested Essex-route (to be confirmed).

Is that OK with everyone?

trackdemon
02-02-2005, 10:51 AM
Cool. For all those who are going, PM me and I'll furnish you with details

BrownBear
02-02-2005, 01:18 PM
Ooops - change of plan - trackdemon can't make this day - since it's his route, I'll create a new event for an Essex run (date TBD) and we'll do a mini-meet or something near Brands...

Those who have expressed an interest, feel free to drop out to the essex-event :D

BrownBear
04-02-2005, 10:55 AM
Sorry, now I can't make the 13th either! (have to work that day, just found out yesterday :cry: )...

Will have to be another day, for me at least.

BrownBear
11-02-2005, 11:08 AM
I'll be going along to this, if anyone fancies joining me?

http://www.japmobiles.com/japukmeets/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4274

Not everyone's scene, I know - flamesuit is on :)

BrownBear
15-02-2005, 08:44 AM
Anyone else? Current attendees are

Me
Steve (Olly)
Andrew (Barwick)
David (Fusilov)
Umar (osiris)
Steve (swlabhot)

swlabhot
15-02-2005, 08:26 PM
Hey Brownbear, I've been with JapUK club for a while and been to many of their meets with my ITR-T. I just had a call from the JAPUK founder calling me to this. As this is the first BIG *** car meet of the year it should be good if the weather is favourable. I will be coming along as well. You guys meeting up beforehand and convoying down? It would be a glorious site with more than one NSX down the M. If you are then I would love to join and convoy down together. :D

Steven.

swlabhot
15-02-2005, 08:28 PM
Just saw Fusilov's post about bringing his NSX-R. Is it REALLY a genuine R? Is he on this board?

BrownBear
16-02-2005, 08:01 AM
You guys meeting up beforehand and convoying down?
Steven.

Er, not sure that we are - I know there's the South Mimm's convoy @11:30, but most of us live south of the River and so we'll be going direct. (it's a bit of a trip otherwise). Also I have to get to Boxhill for 12:00 so I'll be a bit early...

However, if you have a spare seat and are going/live near Romford, Essex, pm me please - I have a favour to ask you (also anyone else who can do this).

Thanks

swlabhot
16-02-2005, 11:12 AM
Currently I'm in Kingston, Surrey so I won't be joining the S.Mimms lot and will be going direct too.

fuzilov
16-02-2005, 10:09 PM
yes genuine nsx-r second generation......
hope to see you guys at boxhill

jaytip
17-02-2005, 06:28 AM
yes genuine nsx-r second generation......
oh you jammy,jammy basta*d :D

swlabhot
17-02-2005, 02:04 PM
FLOSSER! 8) I bagsy a ride first!

osiris_x11
19-02-2005, 11:48 PM
hmmm... Today I felt like I was home, meaning back in America! Why? I FINALLY saw a NSX! Make that 5, hehe... And not just any 5 NSX'es, but my fav' combinations or models:

- Hockenheim Green Pearl NSX-T {ie. Brooklands Green Pearl} w/ tan interior (pure class! *cough* Bentley *cough* :lol: )

- Daytona Yellow Pearl NSX coupe {ie. Spa Yellow} AND a black canopy... (talk about keepin' it R-E-A-L...! :P ) & onyx interior, w/ Dali-CF Mugen replica rear wing!

- Magnum Grey Pearl NSX-T w/ onyx interior (my favorite of favorite combo's... S-T-E-A-L-T-H...! 8) )

- Formula Red NSX coupe w/ onyx interior (ultimate combo' for a true sportscar! :wink: )

AND (drumroll!)

- Platinum White Pearl 2004 NSX-R w/ red interior (S-P-E-E-C-H-L-E-S-S! :D )

Also worth noting...

ALL the NSX'es today had OEM wheels (16/17 seven-spokers w/ different finishes, while the NSX-R had the OEM 17/17's w/ the white finish). In the 'States, 3 of the 4 NSX'es would have had aftermarket wheels.

NONE of the NSX'es today had been lowered/'slammed' w/ aftermarket springs/shocks. Stateside, lowering springs or track-tuned suspension is usually the next mod. following aftermarket wheels.

I'd like to personally thank Brown Bear for personally getting in touch w/ me and then going out of his way to pick me up in my humble abode in Essex, giving me ride over & back! :oops:

(I had been w/o the roar of vtec above 5,000 rpm's for nearly 3 1/2 months!?! Looking fwd to meeting all of you at 8,000rpm's soon... :twisted: )

Kevin
20-02-2005, 01:01 AM
Bugger, I've complety missed this!

Pics please.

BrownBear
20-02-2005, 08:28 AM
Thanks for all who came along - Had a very cool (ie: Freezing!) day @ boxhill which to tell the truth is far too small for this kind of thing :(

Umar - My pleasure, hope you got home OK - You looked like a cat that got the cream when Michael let you sit in the NSX-R. When I had a go I was just wondering where the keys were :)

Thanks especially to Michael/David for being patient with groups of us hassling you about the R - Thanks for bringing it along 8)

I think we should have taken some photos of the mob of people round the car/you to send them to Honda UK to answer their 'there's no demand' statement.

(PS : I'm looking forward to my drive )

Pics are here -

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=472

I have hires versions (more of the R than I posted), if anyone wants them...

Cheers
Joe

swlabhot
21-02-2005, 08:55 AM
Twas a good meet. Great to meet some NSXCB members for the first time :D

Thanks for the great pics BrownBear. He-he, see you got me in my pic as well :)

I never thought I'll be seeing an NSX-R in the flesh outside of Japan, what an impressive site!

BrownBear
21-02-2005, 10:09 AM
Thanks for the great pics BrownBear. He-he, see you got me in my pic as well :)

We do our best :)