PDA

View Full Version : A few things lined up - any thoughts appreciated!

BabyG
02-09-2007, 10:34 PM
Having just bought a '91 manual coupe, I'm going to get a few things done to get it just how I want it from the start. There's nothing major I just want the little things sorted from day one so I can enjoy it as intended. Any thoughts on the points below appreciated.

First up is a full service - partly because the cambelt needs doing and partly so I know it's in good order when I start enjoying vtec! I'm looking for plans in Guildford to do this, along with the work below.

HID kit - plans have a kit which they've got some experience of, anyone seen this system? I'm comfortable they'll recommend good kit, anyone seen it?

Lowered seat - I'm not an NSX friendly size so anything to free up some extra space will be made use of! I'm looking at the Dali seat cushion which seems to have a pretty good writeup here and on prime. My instinct is to go for leather to tie in with the rest of the interior - is the naugahyde(?) any good, is it a trouble free way to save £50?

CD - The car's showing E-06 when you try to use the CD changer. The best I can find from prime is that this is "Disc-Changer malfunction (Press the magainze eject button and pull out the magazine, check for error indication. Insert the magazine again. If the magazine can not be pulled out, consult your Acura dealer". I'll try this when I've got the car, TheQuietOne can also expect a pm :)

Gas Struts - Looking good for the group buy on new gas struts. Not convinced these will really add much, but I want things to be right.

AirCon - there's a noise exactly as TheSebringOne described in
http://nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=3204
I'm guessing from the thread this disappeared after the system settled down - I'll get plans to have a listen and see if there's anything more.

I've searched as best I can on these, anything anyone can add much appreciated. While the first couple of weeks may be expensive, hopefully I can have it just right to enjoy properly. Planning to keep it standard so hopefully Honda build quality will take over from there!

Rich