PDA

View Full Version : New Addition

BabyG
02-09-2007, 09:13 PM
Hi everyone, thought I'd say hi being new to NSX ownership having bought JonJay's NSX this weekend! Big thanks to Jon for making the sale really easy, and for putting the car up for sale in the first place..

I haven't got my hands on the car yet and I'm going to get it fully serviced before I have a go, so a couple of weeks to wait yet for the full experience - I'm sure they're going to drag.

I'm going to put a post or two up into in the technical sections, but first of all a big thanks to all of those on the forum. I've been looking for an NSX for quite a while now, and the information and enthusiasm on this forum is a big part of why I've stuck with it and now own the car that was on my bedroom wall a few years back. I can't wait!

Rich

britlude
02-09-2007, 09:32 PM
congrats, hope we can help!

TheSebringOne
02-09-2007, 10:33 PM
Welcome to the club & congratulations on your new purchase. We are a happy little community and are willing to provide as much help as required! Nice to post some pics when you do get your hands on it! :) If you don't mind, where abouts do you venture from?

BabyG
02-09-2007, 10:54 PM
I'm in Islington, North London but tend to move around a fair bit so am likely to pop up all over the place.

To answer one of the questions from the for sale thread, the chassis number ends 0245 - I'd be interested to know how early this is in relation to the other cars that made it over here.

BabyG
02-09-2007, 10:57 PM
Struggling a bit with the upload onto here but in the meantime a few teasers from the cameraphone are here:
http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/richcracknell/NSX?authkey=6ZemoyTV6xM

More to come when I get her back to mine!

Silver Surfer
03-09-2007, 12:49 AM
I'm in Islington, North London but tend to move around a fair bit so am likely to pop up all over the place.

To answer one of the questions from the for sale thread, the chassis number ends 0245 - I'd be interested to know how early this is in relation to the other cars that made it over here.

Welcome BabyG, 14,495 squids is a bargain. You are very fortunate!!!!

Your Red/Black is early........but not as early as mine. North London eh! Not too far for an Essex meet then. :)

SS

dan the man
03-09-2007, 06:09 AM
welcome ;P

bazza
03-09-2007, 06:10 PM
Welcome to NSXCB :)

Senninha
03-09-2007, 08:19 PM
Welcome BabyG, 14,495 squids is a bargain. You are very fortunate!!!!

Your Red/Black is early........but not as early as mine. North London eh! Not too far for an Essex meet then. :) SSSome one mention an Esses meet? SS, same place as before plus a drive maybe?

BabyG, classic looking NSX, always something special about an untampered Red/Black original IMO. Please sort out that front plate once you get your NSX home, either remount it properly or remove completely as many have now done.

regards and see you soon, Paul

TheSebringOne
03-09-2007, 08:36 PM
Paul, isn't it illegal not to display the car reg on the front? in addition to the rear. I noted a few members had removed theirs at Castle Coome, but I thought that was for display purposes! :)

Senninha
03-09-2007, 08:58 PM
James, you're right, the plate should be displayed correctly at all times in std size, format and letter style. That said, I know of about 8 now that regularly run without the front. It looks so much cleaner. If I was a 1k mile a year man liek yourself, I'd have that plate of in a flash. However, with over 7k clocked this year, it will stay put for now.

regards, Paul

TheSebringOne
03-09-2007, 09:46 PM
NSXCB newsflash! I did over 2000 miles in my 3rd year of ownership last month!:D Paul, on a serious note I would leave my on just if the plod ever stop me, its one less ammunition for them to book me! (GMP has a large presence here and the boys in that unmarked police car programme are only few miles down the road!). Is there any aero advantages aswell as visually? I've checked for those Stealth plates at SOS, but don't think they stock em now? :(

NSXGB
03-09-2007, 10:02 PM
I've gradually fazed mine out over the last 4 years; went from full size plate to a 3/4 size to nothing.
I do about 3-4k miles pa. Was pulled over for speeding with the 3/4 on but they did not even mention it. Looks much better without.

Been clocked by lots of cops out on the road in it without a plate and never been stopped, suppose it's a matter of time though.

"What do you mean my front plate is missing Officer?? Damn kids on the estate must have pinched it!"

Might go the whole hog and get a black/sliver plate for the rear, I think that will look better with my colour combo!

TheSebringOne
03-09-2007, 10:39 PM
NSXGB, you take your chances! The plod will know that if you owned an NSX, you're not from an council estate! :D Maybe they don't have the resources to pull everything, look at those daft reg letters on plates that people get away with! I got pulled this year for sprinting to 70 briefly, then slowed immediately in a 50 area from traffic light start, before they flashed their sirens on! I apologised straight away, plod said he could'nt get a fix! He just checked the reg and let me go, that was it! Did'nt asked where I live or my name!:eek: Good job I'm no auto thief!! I think a black & silver looks classy, but not on an X, gives an impression its really old! The car has to be over 25 yrs old?

(oh it was a mini dual carriage way for those anti speed)

dan the man
04-09-2007, 06:16 AM
lol james ive been pulled for accelearating up to 30.. they were like goign fast were we?'

I was like No i went up to 30'

err ok..

Andy
04-09-2007, 06:22 AM
Anyone know where I can obtain a neat front plate mounting?

Thanks Andy

simonprelude
04-09-2007, 08:12 AM
I have a little angled bracket, just not sure how you would mount it ??

Will see if it is wide enough to line up with the original holes, if so I'll get a few made up.

Thanks Andy

gsuds
04-09-2007, 08:23 AM
I think a black & silver looks classy, but not on an X, gives an impression its really old! The car has to be over 25 yrs old?

(oh it was a mini dual carriage way for those anti speed)

Think it has to be more than 37 years old - before 1970.

G

Papalazarou
04-09-2007, 03:07 PM

Thanks Andy

I have an invisible one.

Cheers,

James.

NSXGB
04-09-2007, 07:40 PM

Thanks Andy

Easy to make your own...

You can use the 2 mounting bolts that fit your OEM plate to your car (the ones that screw upwards into the bumper). Buy some flat ali bar from a diy shop. Make 2 x 'L' shaped brackets to suit.

I still have some bar left over when I made mine, could knock up a few if required.

Andy
05-09-2007, 11:41 AM
Simon(s)

Thanks for the advice. My "plate" is a sticker on the front so I don't have any bolts etc.. I don't want to replace it with the bulky standard front number plate but would be interested in a small mounting a little lower on the car.

Do you have a photo?

Thanks Andy

Ferris Bueller
16-09-2007, 10:32 AM
Does anyone have any pics of there various configurations please? Not running a front plate would obviously mean removing the nasty mounting plate somewhat negating the "someone nicked it plod" line of defence. I'd love to do something about it though. I have a sneaky feeling it would look the nuts without the plastic fantastic mounting plate.

TheQuietOne
16-09-2007, 10:45 AM
Does anyone have any pics of there various configurations please? Not running a front plate would obviously mean removing the nasty mounting plate somewhat negating the "someone nicked it plod" line of defence. I'd love to do something about it though. I have a sneaky feeling it would look the nuts without the plastic fantastic mounting plate.

Had mine with no front plate since May now and no trouble. I throw on in the window when I park, and keep it in the foot-well just in case! It looks soooooo much better, James has just taken his off his LBB too, so PM him for a picture if at all unsure!