PDA

View Full Version : PRocar rolling road footage

Senninha
31-08-2007, 12:36 PM
I have just watched the R vs S-Zero video from Mark and found this little gem.

Seems to be run in a tall gear with a 'flaming' good finish to the run :)

Luke, is this why you want a Type R engine?? :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbuyPRVcAIE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbuyPRVcAIE)

Regards, Paul

Rob_Fenn
31-08-2007, 03:40 PM
Nice! Although of course a normal NSX will give you a few flames on the overrun if it's running no-cats.

TheSebringOne
31-08-2007, 09:07 PM
So, thats why you get flames when the cats are removed! The end bit was brilliant, but is it strictly road legal?

Silver Surfer
31-08-2007, 09:24 PM
Flaming 'eck!! When's the next dyno-run again?

Need a pic of flames shooting out of my exhaust!!

SS

Lankstarr
31-08-2007, 10:49 PM
I have just watched the R vs S-Zero video from Mark and found this little gem.

Seems to be run in a tall gear with a 'flaming' good finish to the run :)

Luke, is this why you want a Type R engine?? :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbuyPRVcAIE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbuyPRVcAIE)

Regards, Paul

Maybe, shame we didn't see what figures it was producing:(

Will I get slight flamage coming out of the back of mine then as I'm running OEM set up with teh bypass pipes?

Any volunteers to drive behind me!?

L*

NSXGB
01-09-2007, 06:48 AM
Maybe, shame we didn't see what figures it was producing:(

.....it says in the text on You Tube 313 BHP.....

dan the man
01-09-2007, 07:49 AM
I think that car looks perfect. Red car, black roof, white wheels and black bonnet etc.. proper goes well. Nice vid.

Lankstarr
01-09-2007, 08:12 AM
.....it says in the text on You Tube 313 BHP.....

ooops, missed that bit - thanks.

313 is quite achievable with the other mods they will have done to the car I would think. (airbox, full exhaust, etc?)

I was expecting more like 350 I think from the figures posted about that other R engine from what I can remember.

What do you think?

Luke

NSXGB
01-09-2007, 08:16 AM
ooops, missed that bit - thanks.

313 is quite achievable with the other mods they will have done to the car I would think. (airbox, full exhaust, etc?)

I was expecting more like 350 I think from the figures posted about that other R engine from what I can remember.

What do you think?

Luke

That would be 313 RWHP....Flywheel figure will be 350 bhp or so....correct me if I'm wrong....

TheSebringOne
01-09-2007, 05:00 PM
Luke, the only flames coming from behind you is after some beans or a curry! :D Matter of interest, what have you done to your zorst system? Also have you changed the air box system too? :)

Senninha
01-09-2007, 05:29 PM
Luke, the only flames coming from behind you is after some beans or a curry! :D Matter of interest, what have you done to your zorst system? Also have you changed the air box system too? :)
James, read some of the threads you respond to and you would have the answers to these questions already.....:rolleyes:

TheSebringOne
01-09-2007, 05:42 PM
Sorry Master CF!, I will do a little searching so I don't have to do a 100 lines "Do not post, unless you are lazy" :D Anyway just rushing to go out for a lovely Japanese meal with the beloved, unfortunately not in the X! Enjoy your Saturday night chaps !:)

Procar Specials
02-09-2007, 09:01 AM
In the meanwhile we have some more HP, this was the stock NSX-R 3.2 engine.

Better videos will follow next year, if we introduce our new webside.
Also a N'ring time attack video

Another short vid which showes the Procar X at a short uphill straight at german autobahn.
.....next time we should record it downhill :)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Nb2gw7ImalI

We had to finish the test drive, because of that speed we lost the OEM Honda pins from which fixed the NSX-R front aero plastic cover.
In the meanwhile we have aluminium inserts ;)

Over 300 km/h are very realistic, but we will need better recording system first.

TheQuietOne
02-09-2007, 01:08 PM
James, read some of the threads you respond to and you would have the answers to these questions already.....:rolleyes:

+1 - James sometime you are just too quick on the keyboard trigger mate - get rid of some of that pent up energy out in the X instead of posting so much! :D

Lankstarr
02-09-2007, 05:45 PM
That would be 313 RWHP....Flywheel figure will be 350 bhp or so....correct me if I'm wrong....

I'm not wise enough to correct you! If you're right and it's 350 .... compared to 275 std 3.2 then that's a gain worth shouting about:D

Still don't know if I should be seeing flames though!

L*

TheSebringOne
02-09-2007, 11:28 PM
I love to drive her more, but just too busy in the day & only time left is late evening! Today is a typical Mancunian day, raining again all day & rear boots are'nt too far from TWI! I will try to be less trigger happy with the typing! :)

AR
03-09-2007, 12:04 AM
I will make a hanger for my straight pipe single exit exhaust for roasting sausages on trips!