PDA

View Full Version : JAE - 22nd-24th July 2005

BrownBear
10-01-2005, 08:19 AM
A couple of us went last year (hijacked a bit of the S2K stand), now we have an invite of our own 8)

It's run over a weekend, many people stay and camp (Arrrgh!) or just turn up for one or other of the days. We'll try and get a stand next to the S2K one and away from the Chavs. Please post if you're interested in coming along to either (or both) days and I'll sort out the spaces.

Details are here

http://www.japcarclub.com/jae/

Venue is here
http://www.eastofengland.org.uk/general.htm

Regards
Joe

Paul
13-01-2005, 11:00 PM
As soon as I know my Sunday fixtures for this year I'll let you know for certain. But, put me down as someone with serious interest for attending for the weekend.

AquilaEagle
22-02-2005, 10:59 PM
Hi guys

Was good to have you on the s2k stand last year :) I've requested that NSX and s2k are next to each other this year :)

BrownBear
23-02-2005, 07:48 AM
Thanks, Ian.

charlie:one
23-02-2005, 09:17 PM
hi joe you can count me in for the weekend nigel

AquilaEagle
25-02-2005, 05:13 PM
Hi Guys and Joe

I got this through, not sure if you are on her mailing list:

Hi all,

Firstly, I would like to thank all of you, for your continued support to Japanese Auto Extravaganza. This is one of the BEST Japanese car events on the calendar and attendance of clubs/traders last year was overwhelming. July 2005, at East of England showground is going to be BIGGER, BETTER and BRILLIANT

Show Time
On Saturday and Sunday there will be competitions for the best turned out cars, best classic, concourse, modified and best car club! A Flame out for those guys/gals who like to light up from behind. That's only the half of it...more later.

It is very important to let all your members know of any updates and keep them informed on your club forums, always check the JAE website or emails from me.

The brochure will be sent shortly, but in the meantime here is the booking form for you to secure a club stand:

Club Stand Booking Form
http://www.japcarclub.com/jae/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=5&t=236&s=43ec4f67b155c1a71bd0d8688c78e44d

Charges/Tickets
http://www.japcarclub.com/jae/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=5&t=234&s=43ec4f67b155c1a71bd0d8688c78e44d

If you have any questions please email me at claire.williams@the-organisation.org Mobile: 07798 600420 Office: 08700 109705

Thank you and looking forward to meeting you at JAE 2005!

Claire Williams
The Organisation

ctrlaltdelboy
26-02-2005, 09:46 AM
Hi Guys and Joe

:lol: :mrgreen:

So, if Joe is specified seperately outside the collective 'Guys' what is he?

BrownBear
26-02-2005, 10:11 AM
Hi Guys and Joe

I got this through, not sure if you are on her mailing list:

Thanks Ian - I did get the mail, but have been snowed lately, NPI!

Is this something we need to book really early? Anyone interested? (I have you down, Nigel :))

(PS: Darren - I am a convincing post-op :lol: )

Paul
01-03-2005, 02:23 PM
Interested in going ... what would be involved ... how good a condition does your car need to be in to go onto a club stand ... mine has some respray work I want to get done that I currently can't guarantee will be done in time ... although I'd like to think they will be.

Put me down as interested for the weekend, subject to really keen people with top quality cars wanting to be on the stand.

BrownBear
01-03-2005, 06:59 PM
Hi Paul -
don't worry - it's not a concourse competition -

if you'd like to come along and have an NSX that's enough :)

I'll put you on the list - Anyone else, just so I have an idea of the number of spaces?

Cheers
Joe

ctrlaltdelboy
01-03-2005, 09:53 PM
you can put me down as a possible - I can't yet be any firmer than that - happy to opt out if all the spaces are filled before I am able to give full commitment

Paul
03-03-2005, 04:48 PM
Hi Paul -
don't worry - it's not a concourse competition -

if you'd like to come along and have an NSX that's enough :)

I'll put you on the list - Anyone else, just so I have an idea of the number of spaces?

Cheers
Joe Cool ... my NSX and I would love to take part :)

duncan
03-03-2005, 05:43 PM
A definite maybe for me for the Saturday, would like to be there. The Sunday is a no no.

BrownBear
12-03-2005, 04:45 PM
There are 3 car-based competitions at JAE this year, and so I'd like to see if there's any interest in entering them?

They are

1. Best Classic (possibly not applicable!)
2. Best Concourse (half of us)
3. Best Modified (the other half)

The competitions are run on the Saturday only and the cars have to be registered before the event... Let me know if you fancy putting yourself down for one of the above (or would like to nominate someone else).

Booty-licious
22-04-2005, 02:49 PM
Hi Guys,

Claire here, thought I'd pop in and see how you're getting on with JAE. Haven't heard, I do hope you guys/gals will come to the show.

I love the NSX and to see so many on a stand would be a dream come too :D

If you would like to contact me click on claire.williams@the-organisation.org for further information. I sent the JAE brochure, I do hope you rec'd it?

Claire
:D

BrownBear
22-04-2005, 03:34 PM
Ooops - Hi Claire - I forgot, didn't I? Sorry..

OK - even though I probably won't be coming along in the NSX - let's have an expression of interest (or not!) so that Nigel and I can put a list together of cars, and hence the space we're going to need.

Iif you can come along for just one of the days, that would be good or the whole weekend would be better - I'll collate the list and then apply for the space... It's the best *** show of the year (was last year, anyway) - let's
make this one better...

Cheers
Joe

PS: you don't need to repost if you've done so above..

BrownBear
11-05-2005, 10:33 AM
OK - here's the plan for JAE...

I'm going to book a small plot for 8 cars - If you feel like coming up and sharing the day with us you'll be more than welcome. I have 2 firm bookings, and a couple of possibles on both the Saturday and the Sunday.

We'll be right next to the S2000 group, who are a good laugh so there'll be more to do that compare NSX logos :)

If you've never been to a *** Car meet and feel put off, don't be too worried - The Santa Pod meet last year was successful because there were a variety of things to do, not inspite of the other car clubs.

JAE is a family-safe event (no burnouts, racing, or anti-social behaviour), just a huge meet in hopefully dry weather (anyone have a Gazebo?), drinking a couple of beers and eating something black and unrecognisable from a BBQ!

If you think you'd like to come along on any of the days, add your name below (let me know which day, please) - if we exceed the spaces I can get more (or steal a couple of the S2000 ones, like last year ;))

Details of this years event can be found here -
http://www.japcarclub.com/jae/

Photos from last year -
http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=222
http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=224

If you have any questions, feel free to PM/Mail myself or Charlie:one.

Look forward to seeing you there.
Cheers
Joe

trackdemon
11-05-2005, 12:19 PM
Hmmm :) May pop along to this - used to be a Peterborough boy myself, good excuse to visit some of my old stomping grounds...

Andy
27-05-2005, 02:59 PM
I would be interested in coming along for the Saturday. Just bought my 91 NSX Auto so keen to meet fellow enthusiasts. :) Andy

BrownBear
27-05-2005, 03:12 PM
Hi Andy, and Welcome!

I'll put you down for the Saturday

-some extra info..

The weekend will work a bit like Santa Pod (for those who came last year) - parking on the showground will be permitted for those with Vehicle passes - to be distributed closer to the time. Unlike Santa Pod, if you forget a pass or never got one you can ask for a one of the club organisers to vouch for you (not a problem for us, but last year they had lots of Scooby's turning up and parking the club area just because they had one).

Entry is ~£10 per car (regardless of passengers)- more for the whole weekend (~15, I think TBC)- occupants will get a wristband so that when the public are vacated at 6.00pm, you'll be able to stay to enjoy the BBQ/beers and other entertainment (dunno what yet).

Although this runs for the whole weekend, you can just pop in for a few hours if that's all you can spare - don't feel like you have to 'commit'
to a whole day/two days - I only need an idea of numbers so we can arrange the spaces with the S2K club, if need be...

BrownBear
08-06-2005, 04:02 PM
Here's an update on spaces and those who've expressed an interest- a '?' indicates those which I'm not sure of

Saturday
Joe
Nigel
David (Fusilov)
Andy
Paul
NickB
Matt (X626XLB)
Steven

Sunday
Joe
Nigel
David (Fusilov)
?Paul
?Stephen (Trackdemon)
Steven

pm me if I've got anything wrong or you want to be added, moved or removed and I'll update this list.

We've got a really good plot - very central to the show and just a very short walk from the pavillion, showground and the bar 8)

NickB
08-06-2005, 08:48 PM
Hi, I would also be interested in coming along on Saturday. Whilst I've owned my NSX for 9 months I've only spoken to NSX mechanics and am keen to meet fellow enthusiasts! Nick.

TheQuietOne
10-06-2005, 02:14 PM
Hi,

I've just got (today actually) a Red X Plate 3.2 NSX, with 13,500 miles on the clock. It is pretty much unmarked. Is it the sort of car that could be on the NSX stand at JAE, or have I missed the boat. I used to go with my CTR, and before that VTI but I'd love to meet up with some other NSX owners for the day.

If not do you guys ever have meets or drives etc?

Cheers,

Matt.

BrownBear
10-06-2005, 02:29 PM
Hi Matt,

sounds very nice- congrats on the purchase 8)

You haven't missed the boat and we'd be pleased to see you - what day(s) were you thinking of?

As for meets, they do occur. But there's nothing like as many of us as there are for other cars so they're pretty infrequent.. Feel free to post up any suggestions, though..

Cheers
Joe

BrownBear
26-06-2005, 09:38 AM
some more info -

See below for the plot we've been allocated - as you can see, very central and close to the bar/grandstand.

The Organisers have waived the requirement for you to need a car-pass to come into the show area - you just need to turn up on the day (be sure to enter via the club entrance - you won't be able to drive in via the public one, for safety reasons.)

I've been in touch with Honda UK and they've kindly arranged to have some flags/banners shipped up to EofE and installed on our stand for us - which is nice of them :)

BrownBear
12-07-2005, 07:20 AM
Nearly there..

Given the limited numbers and space in our cars, I've had a chat to Ian from S2KI and he's very kindly extended the offer of the use of the S2K stand for us - chances are, we'll be hiding under their gazebo if it rains and eating their food anyway!

While I've arranged for some flags/banners for us, the S2k stand has the following (we're on the same plot)-

A Massive Gazebo
A DJ Setup (you may like to bring some music)
A PS2+projector for some GT4 humiliation at the hands of the S2k gang
A large BBQ + Food, including breakfast for those camping over

The obvious downside is that the above costs some money - Ian is suggesting we pay the S2KUK-member rates as follows-

S2KUK Member 1 day £7.50
S2KUK Member +1 1 day £12.50 (ie: 2 people)
S2KUK Member Weekend £10
S2KUK Member +1 Weekend £17.50

This sounds extremely reasonable (in additition to the entry fee) - you can pay on the day, or on the following thread -

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=227003

JAE will be packed full of Japanese cars - they are expecting 15,000 in total, and there are lots of fantastic events going on all weekend, including... Flame out competitions....Traders...Show and Shine Competition....Tug Of War (people, NOT cars)

If you want to get involved in any of these, let me know -

For our part, David will be kindly bringing along his newly refurbished NSX-R (from the Boxhill meeting) for the masses to drool over, including me. We also have quite a few of the newer cars (3.2s old and new shape) - it'd be great to get an original on the stand, also... Anyone?

I've also had some NSXCB T-shirts/polo shirts made for us, available on the day at cost. There'll be camping for those of us who wish to have a few drinks in the evening, or local hotels may still have a few rooms free (see here)

http://www.infotel.co.uk/ratecard/ratecard...x?id=RC_JAE2005

Here's my list of attendees, so far - please would you let me know if you're planning on camping as this will help with space.

Saturday
Joe
Nigel
David
Andy
NickB
Steven

Sunday
Joe
Nigel
David
?Stephen
Steven

Also, although you're free to turn up on the day unannounced to join us, if you're thinking of it please let me know as I may need to shuffle some space around -

I'll be turning up on the Friday to help with putting the stands up, so if anyone feels like turning up early and helping, you'd be very welcome!

Finally Entry is £10 for one day, or £15 for the whole weekend.

Come on down all of you bemoaning the lack of events - OK, it's not a track day, but weather-permitting, it'll be a great weekend spent on the best stand (that'd be the S2K's!), with a good bunch of people, and with easily the best car there :P

Look forward to seeing you there -

Cheers
Joe

trackdemon
12-07-2005, 09:00 AM
Hi Joe,

Yes I've got this pencilled into my diary - I have another event over Saturday night / Sunday morning which will preclude me getting there early but I'd expect to be there around lunchtime - I presume this is OK?

cheers,
Steve

BrownBear
15-07-2005, 03:00 PM
Of course, no problem - see you then.

Paul
15-07-2005, 07:41 PM
Looks like there'll be an extra space on the NSX stand next weekend ... I'm not going to be able to make it ... gutted :-( ... I was really looking forward to this event. Looks like I'll have to try and sort something out and see if I can make it next year instead.

I hope the weather holds and everyone has a cracking weekend.

I'll be back looking for the pictures and comments after.

BrownBear
16-07-2005, 09:15 AM
OK Paul - no worries - thanks for letting me know,
Cheers
Joe

Greybloke
20-07-2005, 09:00 PM
Jo
Although I've only had the car 5 days, would love to bring her along, meet fellow owners, especially as my chums from S2ki are next door :D

My car is a original red 91 (except wheels) as per photo. Just found out the first owner was McLaren cars, so maybe had some interesting names behind the wheel :lol:

BrownBear
21-07-2005, 07:13 AM
Of course, no worries - I don't think we'll need to worry about space so the more the merrier! (I was going to ask you anyway - I pop in on S2ki every now and then..)

For anyone else, please feel free to turn up - you don't need to ask me as I don't think we're likely to exceed our places (unless you *all* turn up en-masse!)

I'll be there from tomorrow onwards (helping Ian with the S2k stand), so I won't be able to check the forum after today - if you have any questions please phone me (# on the 'Jae convoy' thread).

Oh, one thing - please bring along at least some drink for yourself as the queues for the bars/stands facilities will be very long...Anything else you fancy bringing along (cup/chair/umbrella etc) would be handy..

Should be a fun - weather looks fine too :)

Looking forward to seeing you all there,

Cheers
Joe

Greybloke
21-07-2005, 11:29 AM
Joe
OK look forward to meeting you, and everyone else, on Saturday. I take it we just enter at the " club entrance" as previously stated? Obviously dont have any club type id ( could use my S2ki card, do you think the gate staff will know the difference :lol: ) ?

Cheers, and hope the day stays dry.

BrownBear
21-07-2005, 11:45 AM
Yes, Nick, the normal club entrance (as on the map on page 2 of the thread).

If there was a chance that 50 chavs would all turn up in their pimped out NSX's and try and take over our stand, then we'd need some form of club id. As it is, I think we should be OK :lol:

The Gate security will have my telephone #, but I'll try to make it clear to them that if you have an NSX you are in the club!! (as it were).

Phone me if you have a problem.

Alternatively I'll be on 440Mhz, Channel 4, CTSS-4 if any of you have a PMR...

BrownBear
25-07-2005, 09:04 AM
Thanks to all that came along at the weekend -

Saturday was great , yesterday was a bit of a washout :(

We had lots of interest from everyone who came on the stand, but most people went straight to the NSXR (like flies to the proverbial..) - thanks to David for bringing it along - you certainly converted Louie from the S2k 8)

Kudos to the S2Ki for allowing us to share their plot and a special thanks to Ian who worked very hard to ensure we had a great stand - thanks mate.

Cheers
Joe

trackdemon
25-07-2005, 02:12 PM
I did actually make it to this show, albeit at 2pm. VERY long Saturday night delayed plans :twisted: Anyway, bit of a damp squib - rain had kind of dampened things somewhat by then and all the NSXer's had departed. Thanks to the S2K boys for the burger though :D

BrownBear
25-07-2005, 06:38 PM
We left at 1.30pm, so you just missed us :(

When's your next Sunday drive?