PDA

View Full Version : August 18th 2007 South West Meeting

TheQuietOne
19-08-2007, 04:34 PM
Had a cool day (weekend technically) guys, really good to see you all. Will upload some pics later, it's safe to say the cars went down well at Cheddar Gorge!

TheQuietOne
19-08-2007, 05:23 PM
Two more for luck!

Lankstarr
19-08-2007, 05:31 PM
From afar those goats looked quite cute, I'm amazed to see how ugly they are now I can see one on full screen. Maybe it's just the rare Imola goats that are ugly:laugh:

Had a good day, nasty drive back as loads of traffic, but got 130 miles out of 1/4 of a tank:eek::D

Good to see you all.

L*

simonprelude
19-08-2007, 05:39 PM
You home already ??

We went to see the Wurzels before going home :)

I am a Zider Drinker :D

TheQuietOne
19-08-2007, 07:57 PM
I am a Zider Drinker :D

That's not all you are...:laugh:

Papalazarou
19-08-2007, 08:29 PM
Well we had a pretty diverse day today at the first SW meet at Cribbs near Bristol.
I'd posted on the S2ki forum the other day and as a result we had 4 NSX's, 2 S2000's and a White Porsche Camen. The Porsche owner used to have an S2, the owner of the Blue S2 I'd met in prague last new year and the other guy was just out shopping! He left shortly after for Asda.

Anyway, we cruised over to Weston Super-Mare, then had some lunch (Luke ate half the menu), then Cheddar Gorge.

Just wanted to say thanks to Paul for driving sooooooo far to get there and turning up early and Simon for 'not' T-boning me at the top of the gorge! I suspect it was closer than I'll ever know. Oh and to Matt for hiding my car in a field. Bastard.

Cheers,

James.

Rob_Fenn
19-08-2007, 09:51 PM
Cool pics... what wheels are on the blue one?

TheSebringOne
19-08-2007, 11:26 PM
Are you guys secret "wanna be" coach/bus drivers or are those 4 model NSXs in those long parking spaces :D;) Nice pics, all nice & polished up, not sure about the mirror finish with Si? Paul I like your new bonnet, very tasty! :)

AR
20-08-2007, 05:24 AM
Got home not long ago from V Festival. I hope I can make the next one. Glad you guys enjoyed it.

Cheers,

AR

Papalazarou
20-08-2007, 08:34 AM
Cool pics... what wheels are on the blue one?

They're Volks Rays GT-U's. 17's allround.

Cheers,

James.

TheQuietOne
20-08-2007, 11:29 AM
Oh and to Matt for hiding my car in a field. Bastard.

One of the funnier things I have done. Was it not for the fact you left Sally in there it would have been much further back behind a hedge or two!

Great day out lads - I like the rock side picture! Simon have you got any worth posting?

Senninha
20-08-2007, 11:30 AM
So with barely 4 hours sleep, the alarm goes off at 6am on Sunday. A quick peek suggests the weather may hold as per James' prediction.

Up and away and onto the open road, barely another car around. With everything reading ok and upto temp its an opportunity to stretch the legs of the NSX with the result being that I may have challenged / beaten the Vmax result on my guesstimated 2 mile run :)

With an hour gone its time to wake Luke with a freindly text. The response is one I'm afraid I can't commit to this thread. The rain is also lashing down with much standing water. Not the time to be herioc so I settle into a gentle cruise towards J11 of the M4, our meeting point. Luke's late arrival gives me chance to check the map as the info boards are telling me the m'way id closed j15-16.

I note Luke's HID arrival in my mirrors. What I didn't see was the second NSX behind him. By pure coincidence, the owner of the red H auto was passing and pulled over for a quick hello. A really nice guy who goes on to explain that this is one of three NSX he owns. This is his daily driver, he has another being restored and the 3rd is his very own parts store.

Unfortunately I did not have time to grab the camera before our new friend departed, complete with forum address details, as I would have liked to have posted a picture of his NSX, complete with its moutain bike carrier and bike sitting high and proud of the back. Hopefully he will introduce himself in due course.

We head back onto the M4, but with roadworks and increasing traffic levels we are generally well behaved. My layby research pays dividends as Luke and I find a quiet and twisting B road to skip junctions whilst the rest of the traffic follows signs through town.

We arrive early to find everything is closed so head off to the local golden arches for brekkie. As we await the arrival of the others, we see and hear them blast past. Not convinced they should join us we head back to meet them ..... only to then return to Mac's because everything is closed where they are!

As the photo's show, the Red's were outnumbered on this occasion, the IOP, LBB and MGP helping to show the NSX off well to the admiring passersby. All present were 3.2 pop-ups except for James NSX that has some strange growth implant where the headlights should be :laugh: I've also attached the other photo we spoke about for the 02 headlamps.

With James, Simon, Matt and their ladies enjoying a full breakfast, Luke decides its time for an airbox upgrade. Complete with spanners / sockets and a littel help from Dave (S2000) and me, the Procar Cf airbox looks nice and clean in Lukes otherwise much in need of Mr Spanners tlc engine bay!

After some quality discussion with all and a few interested patrons of Mac's, the team decide to head of for the trip to the gorge. I need to head for home as duties call for the girls so cant join the drive.

To relieve the tedium of a mainly m'way drive I start counting cars. The results are 37 Porsche, 2 360's, 5 brave TVR drivers, 2 Nobles, 3 Gallardos and a Diablo. All proving just how exclusive our beloved NSX is on UK roads. Particularly satisfying was the young lad, eyes wide open, pointing from the passenger seat of his less than impressed Dad's 911.

With a minor delay on the M4 due to several broken down BMW's, I arrive home at 14.36. The distance covered for this mini-meet, a respectable 408 door to door! :pleased:

A good day, with good friends and hopefully next time I will be able to do the extended drive.

regards, Paul

AR
20-08-2007, 01:10 PM
Paul your car looks stunning!

Senninha
20-08-2007, 01:28 PM
Paul your car looks stunning!
Thanx Ary,

I'm currently looking into getting the paintwork machine polished to bring out the full lustre of the pearl. I shall also be having a go at the 'Mr Spanners' engine bay make over - thanx Phil for the product and process guide.

regards, Paul

simonprelude
20-08-2007, 02:45 PM
A few of mine (more when I have uploaded them)

James, the T-bone incident wasn't close at all.
I thought you were going to pull over to the left so I was getting ready to overtake when you suddenly decide to pull a u-turn, I hadn't even changed down a gear before I saw what you were doing.

Scared Lisa though :)

AR
20-08-2007, 02:48 PM
Nice pictures Simon, there is two NSX this way. So when is the next one?

simonprelude
20-08-2007, 03:42 PM
A couple more, for the easily scared, beware.................

Papalazarou
20-08-2007, 04:12 PM
Nice pictures Simon, there is two NSX this way. So when is the next one?

Ary,

One of the guys from the S2K site has suggested a joint meet before the winter pulls in. So hopefully soonish.

Cheers,

James.

Silver Surfer
20-08-2007, 04:20 PM
Did paul (Senninha) arrived late as his car is missing on these pics but present in the others?

SS

simonprelude
20-08-2007, 05:00 PM
No he left early :(

The pictures with Paul's car are at McDonalds, Cribbs.

AR
20-08-2007, 05:08 PM
Ary,

One of the guys from the S2K site has suggested a joint meet before the winter pulls in. So hopefully soonish.

Cheers,

James.

Cheers mate, BTW the wheels do suit the car nicely.

Papalazarou
20-08-2007, 07:51 PM
Cheers mate, BTW the wheels do suit the car nicely.

Thanks Ary, you may be in the minority, but they're my wheels and I like them:-)

Cheers,

James.

AR
20-08-2007, 07:55 PM
Well I also like TE 37s so does that say anything? Somehow they look better on the 02 design than they did on the pop up. It adds class to it IMHO.

TheQuietOne
20-08-2007, 07:58 PM
Thanks Ary, you may be in the minority, but they're my wheels and I like them:-)

Cheers,

James.

Not wanting to be a sycophant, but I prefer them on the LBB - I wasn't keen on your red one! When you are moving they look great, and the dish really adds something to the stance of the car!

Nothing wrong with being in a minority anyway James, you little chutney ferret you...;)

Kevin
20-08-2007, 08:54 PM
Are you guys secret "wanna be" coach/bus drivers or are those 4 model NSXs in those long parking spaces :D;) Nice pics, all nice & polished up, not sure about the mirror finish with Si? Paul I like your new bonnet, very tasty! :)

I think you'll find they are special spaces that keep other cars well away. This photo explains this more clearly.

TheQuietOne
20-08-2007, 09:01 PM
Classic - thanks!

We even had the blessing of the several parking attendants who were pretty taken with the cars! I did hear one bloke walk past and say to his wife, 'why should they bloody well get to park there?' as he trekked back up the hill to his car!

Lankstarr
21-08-2007, 05:46 AM

Cheers,

James.

Your wheels definitely suit the LBB better. Every time I see a blue scooby with gold wheels I now think of you;)

Lankstarr
24-08-2007, 06:10 PM
favourite shot of the day!

Lankstarr
24-08-2007, 06:22 PM
3.2 fest

probably 10% of all UK 3.2 pop up cars all in one place... nice!