PDA

View Full Version : A tale of two exhausts

AR
14-08-2007, 12:38 PM
After three NSX and exhausts by Tubi, ARK, GT-Rom, a Custom one and listening to a few others, I had an epiphany; I do not need one exhaust! I need two exhausts. So I designed a system that can be change in 10 minutes. I have two exhaust now, one that goes from raspy and nice ( tubi loud ) at idle and high pitched at high rpms ( Gruppe M - GT-Rom F1 ) and one loud that surprised even Amo!

Here are the videos, enjoy!

Normal one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fRbOCQTHAQ

Loud one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nunGnkMDzrM

mutley
14-08-2007, 02:18 PM
I LOVE that note you get off the loud one!!

Jim

AR
14-08-2007, 03:07 PM
I LOVE that note you get off the loud one!!

Jim

Cheers mate so do I but I also love my wife who wants to keep her hearing! :)

You should hear it in a tunnel or bouncing of a wall.

Sadly it only goes on club drives.

AR

mutley
14-08-2007, 03:57 PM
A new exhaust is certainly in my "wish-list" of things needing done to my car, either an aftermarket one or custom built. My mate Andy (rem from japfest) has suggested we should build one using 2 motorbike cans??? that would be different!

Jim

Rob_Fenn
14-08-2007, 06:06 PM
Loud one sounds cool, why did you go for such a huge tailpipe though? Smaller one would help it sound more fruity and less boomy wouldn't it?

AR
14-08-2007, 07:47 PM
Loud one sounds cool, why did you go for such a huge tailpipe though? Smaller one would help it sound more fruity and less boomy wouldn't it?

Rob, I wanted the gurgling and sound that comes with the sound waves expanding and bouncing inside the huge pipe before exiting. Plus since it is a single tip, I did not wanted it looking like one had fallen off. :)

Martin
14-08-2007, 08:00 PM
Sounds good Ary

Lankstarr
14-08-2007, 08:23 PM
There go the speakers on my new laptop... thanks a lot:D

Lovethe sound of the loud one, but I don't blame the boss, My Mrs was too embarassed to come out in mine when it was silly loud! Living with it is a different story to just popping it on for a tunnel run or something and the ramo makes it too easy for you!

So you have quiet and medium exhausts now... when are you getting the loud one to complete the set?:cool:

L*

AR
14-08-2007, 08:42 PM
There go the speakers on my new laptop... thanks a lot:D

Lovethe sound of the loud one, but I don't blame the boss, My Mrs was too embarassed to come out in mine when it was silly loud! Living with it is a different story to just popping it on for a tunnel run or something and the ramo makes it too easy for you!

So you have quiet and medium exhausts now... when are you getting the loud one to complete the set?:cool:

L*

Ha ha, I bet the headers will add a few decibels! Tell you what if the winter run goes ahead you will tell me how loud it is. I bet the sheep will be throwing themselves from the cliffs!

TheSebringOne
14-08-2007, 11:27 PM
Blow me!! that second one, is it a monster, no its Ary car !:D Sounds very mean !, hows the neighbours? are supplying them with ear plugs! :)

AR
15-08-2007, 08:48 AM
Blow me!! that second one, is it a monster, no its Ary car !:D Sounds very mean !, hows the neighbours? are supplying them with ear plugs! :)

The neaerest ones are about 100 m plus from me so that is no a problem. Plus I try to keep the rpms low if I have the loud one on.

Cheers,

AR

amo
15-08-2007, 09:11 AM
lol yes i was very suprised sound well wicked though
i think u should have it on all the time
lovin it
thx amo

dan the man
15-08-2007, 10:22 AM
Good stuff although for me 2 tips is a must.

AR
15-08-2007, 12:46 PM
Well that is why I have two, one two tips for everyday and one single tip for fun days!

simonprelude
15-08-2007, 02:33 PM
I have both for the S2000 and prefer the look of the twin but noise and performance of the single, I know with the V6 it will be different, but still, the noise :)

AR
15-08-2007, 02:59 PM
I have both for the S2000 and prefer the look of the twin but noise and performance of the single, I know with the V6 it will be different, but still, the noise :)

People on Prime normally want an exhaust to make the NSX sound ferrarish. This exhaust will make ferrari owners want to sound like the NSX! ( PS Not hating Ferraris and I do know about the flat plane crank :) )

Shame I can't make the meet!