PDA

View Full Version : My next car, if only I could find it :)

simonprelude
09-08-2007, 03:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K76SRx5N1oM&NR=1

My next car, if only I could find it :)

.....and I don't mean the F50.

Very nice NSX Type S zero in Imola Orange.

AR
09-08-2007, 04:38 PM
Simon, get the leatherseats kit with orange inserts, add 3" salsh cut tips to your stock exhaust and with your wheels you are there!

Papalazarou
09-08-2007, 04:41 PM
Or, give us the money and we'll make you a new car out of parts from the for sale section ;-)

Cheers,

James.

simonprelude
09-08-2007, 04:44 PM
Will you remove my PAS, ABS, Stereo, Climate Control and most of the weight from the seats also ?? :)

Simon, get the leatherseats kit with orange inserts, add 3" salsh cut tips to your stock exhaust and with your wheels you are there!

bazza
09-08-2007, 04:50 PM
Nice clip :)

AR
09-08-2007, 05:14 PM
Will you remove my PAS, ABS, Stereo, Climate Control and most of the weight from the seats also ?? :)

Simon,

I got a few Hungarian lads working for me they will remove anything, even the whole car :eek:!

markc
09-08-2007, 09:39 PM
Hey Simon, Don't worry about the ABS, S-Zero's had that just like all other NSX variants.

I don't know about the EPS (PAS) but I wouldn't mind betting they just disconnected the system like they did for US Zanardi edition, which was based on the Type-S/Zero, so no weight to be saved there!

Removing the stereo, amps & speakers would be dead simple and save many pounds.

The airbag steering wheel is a little fiddly to swap out but and saves lots of weight and using the NSX-R like Momo "Tuner" (or any 350mm wheel) makes a surprising differance to the steering feel :)

A/C that's the big and difficult one but Kev's been there and knows how.

Removing one of the panes from the bulkhead window divide should be relatively easy as well and of course fit the mesh grill (or have nothing) to expose the motor.

You also need to take off the front fogs, and headlamp washers for the front visuals.

Fit the NSX-R suspension and... Robert's you mother brother... S-Zero spec :)

Mark

mutley
09-08-2007, 09:55 PM
Ach, I think he only want it because it's orange!!!!! :D

Jim

TheSebringOne
10-08-2007, 12:43 AM
I did'nt realise its a limited Type S-Zero as seen the drag race with yellow F355 before on Youtube! Great race, it did really well against all the others, god knows why a F50 was there? Si as John McConroe used to say " you cannot be serious" !?!? are you :D

Kevin
10-08-2007, 06:14 AM
You're all forgetting the most important part that really makes it a Type-S Zero.

The badge.
So leave everything else, and just stick the badge on. That way it is a Type-S Zero, but with 'optional' airbag, aircon, stereo etc etc.

Hey Simon, Don't worry about the ABS, S-Zero's had that just like all other NSX variants.

I don't know about the EPS (PAS) but I wouldn't mind betting they just disconnected the system like they did for US Zanardi edition, which was based on the Type-S/Zero, so no weight to be saved there!

Removing the stereo, amps & speakers would be dead simple and save many pounds.

The airbag steering wheel is a little fiddly to swap out but and saves lots of weight and using the NSX-R like Momo "Tuner" (or any 350mm wheel) makes a surprising differance to the steering feel :)

A/C that's the big and difficult one but Kev's been there and knows how.

Removing one of the panes from the bulkhead window divide should be relatively easy as well and of course fit the mesh grill (or have nothing) to expose the motor.

You also need to take off the front fogs, and headlamp washers for the front visuals.

Fit the NSX-R suspension and... Robert's you mother brother... S-Zero spec :)

Mark

AR
10-08-2007, 08:33 AM
You're all forgetting the most important part that really makes it a Type-S Zero.

The badge.
So leave everything else, and just stick the badge on. That way it is a Type-S Zero, but with 'optional' airbag, aircon, stereo etc etc.

Just like my NSX-R used to be LOL!

simonprelude
10-08-2007, 08:37 AM
Didn't think the type S zero had options, thought that was only the type S.

The badge.

markc
10-08-2007, 10:45 AM
How cynical are you Mr Cook ;) Surely everyone knows that glueing an M3 badge onto a 318 Coupe (for example) transforms it's performance... stands to reason :)

Is there such a thing as a S-Zero badge anyway?

In theory they had no options BUT as IOP was a non standard colour even for the S/S-Zero in Japan, that particular car (in the vid) at least would have had to have gone through the "Custom Built" program and could well have re-gained some of the deleted equipment?

Not sure how you tell one of the 30 original S-Zero's from an unadorned Type-S that had the S-Zero that had had the suspension retrofitted?

Cheers

Mark

simonprelude
10-08-2007, 11:48 AM
The type S zero did not have the option of Airbags, Cruise Control, ABS or Stereo but could have Pearl finish paint and had the specific suspension. It did also have reduced sound deadining making the type S zero 51 kgs less than the type S (at lowest weight option).

Carl-1969
10-08-2007, 12:22 PM
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=1OKY2Xl2VqI

Same one Simon?

TheSebringOne
10-08-2007, 11:39 PM
Great vid find Carl, I'm surprised the Type S Zero is 1.54 secs faster around Suzuka than a Type R? Does that mean they are more track orientated & lighter too.

simonprelude
11-08-2007, 01:29 PM
There is a BMI comparing all the 'special' editions and the type S is the fastest of the lot (NA2-R not in test).