PDA

View Full Version : Interior changes and new lip

AR
08-08-2007, 11:37 PM
Thanks to James and Mo I have transplated these parts to The Underdog. I also corrected, polished and Zymoled the roof. My wife jokingly said it looke heavenly in that picture!

Cheers,

AR

simonprelude
09-08-2007, 07:44 AM
Wow, looks good :)

Rob_Fenn
09-08-2007, 09:01 AM
Very shiney! Like the splitter.

AR
09-08-2007, 09:44 AM
Cheers lads, there is a new bonnet and rear spoiler on the way too :)

TheQuietOne
09-08-2007, 10:05 AM
Looks fantastic Ary, great job so far!

TheSebringOne
10-08-2007, 12:25 AM
Looks fab Ary, is that CF bonnet & rear spoiler on the way? a type R by any chance! ;)

AR
10-08-2007, 08:26 AM
They are CF but not 100% type R.:)

mutley
10-08-2007, 12:02 PM
HI Ary,

Love the interior, that's similar to the look I'm going for, just the seats to do and I'll pretty much be there.

Like the front splitter, but as I am always scrapping the wee plastic bits in the front, I'd heading for disaster adding one to mine.

Jim

P.S What bonnet you going for? I';m guessing the spoiler will be the NSX-R type

Senninha
10-08-2007, 05:04 PM
Hi Ary,

Finally some pictures of your new toy :thumbsup:

Interior works well with the Silver and much better than your earlier idea of the ricey one off driver seat.

Are you painting the bonnet or planning on leaving CF on display?

Once the wheels and the other parts are on, it should look a pretty focused NSX. What mods have you in mind for brakes and chassis?

Looking really good so far, keep up the good work!

regards, Paul

Papalazarou
10-08-2007, 06:14 PM
Love the seats in the silver car. Gives it some colour!
Great to see you got the centre box covered in the red leather too. Wish I'd got the door cards done on my last car, but really good to see them on yours.

Well done, great effort.

Cheers,

James

AR
11-08-2007, 09:12 AM
HI Ary,

Love the interior, that's similar to the look I'm going for, just the seats to do and I'll pretty much be there.

Like the front splitter, but as I am always scrapping the wee plastic bits in the front, I'd heading for disaster adding one to mine.

Jim

P.S What bonnet you going for? I';m guessing the spoiler will be the NSX-R type

Jim I had to remove the front splitter until my 17"s get here as they will increase clearance a bit. So in a nutshell, yes it is close.

AR
11-08-2007, 09:18 AM
Hi Ary,

Finally some pictures of your new toy :thumbsup:

Interior works well with the Silver and much better than your earlier idea of the ricey one off driver seat.

Are you painting the bonnet or planning on leaving CF on display?

Once the wheels and the other parts are on, it should look a pretty focused NSX. What mods have you in mind for brakes and chassis?

Looking really good so far, keep up the good work!

regards, Paul

Paul I will wait until I have the bonnet here to see thw weave pattern.

The chassis bars are already on. I will then when funs allow get a type-S suspension. With regards to the brakes, the plan is to fit ss lines, NA1-R rotors and pads with brake coolers.

Cheers,

Ary

AR
11-08-2007, 09:21 AM
Love the seats in the silver car. Gives it some colour!
Great to see you got the centre box covered in the red leather too. Wish I'd got the door cards done on my last car, but really good to see them on yours.

Well done, great effort.

Cheers,

James

Cheers for the extra bits James,

I was a bit aprehensive to do the door cards, but armed with my 1993 NSX Shop manual I set out to do it. What a change it brought. I recently took the car to a relatives house and they said it was the sexiest yet of the thre I had and husband and wife could not wait for a "test ride" :)

Once again thanks for the extra bits.

Cheers

Ary

mutley
11-08-2007, 12:33 PM
If anyone wants their door cards done, I've become a bit of an expert in this re-trimming thing. I'm thinking about re-doing my door cards to go for the smooth rather than ruffled look.

Jim

DAVEMAT
12-08-2007, 04:59 AM
Getting my door cards done in the smooth yella look, when I get home, along with some work on my extra seats.
Any tips on removing the cards, or anything I should particulaly look out for while taking them out, that I could damage?
Only 4 weeks to go, first time i'll have seen her since the Japfest jaunt.

mutley
12-08-2007, 03:25 PM
NOt really the door cards come off quite easy, just remember all the connections inside (windows, lock, light etc). the parts you want to re-trim come out easy too, only when I done mine i realised how easy, each section is separate and they are only held in place by little metal tabs that are bent round. I got mine off recovered and back on well within the hour.

Jim

NSXGB
19-11-2008, 08:06 PM
Im attempting to recover my door card inserts over the next few days, what sort of adhesive is reccomended? I'm assuming some kind of contact adhesive?

When the panels are removed, does the leather part come away quite easy and is there anything else that is necessary to remove?

I'm hoping half a meter of fabric is enough to do this?!

Papalazarou
20-11-2008, 07:42 AM
If you have an upholstery shop near you or even a hardware shop, they should sell spray adhesive. That's what most people use. You probably want to use it in a ventilated place though.

Cheers,

James.

NSXGB
20-11-2008, 09:54 AM
Thanks James.

Sudesh
20-11-2008, 09:33 PM
I used this stuff when I was installing Alcantara in my car. It works great and I have no problems with it so far.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Heavy-Duty-Car-Spray-Glue-Adhesive-NEW-Carpet-Vinyl-ICE_W0QQitemZ250329124680QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_Def aultDomain_3?hash=item250329124680&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1301%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1318

NSXGB
21-11-2008, 07:33 AM
Found some stuff similar to that in Screwfix that I'll try. The only thing that was worrying me was how much the adhesive soaked into the Alcantra or in my case Dinamica, I obviously don't want it bleeding through. . . The Dinamica fabric is very thin.

JQD84983
21-11-2008, 08:13 AM
Thanks to James and Mo I have transplated these parts to The Underdog. I also corrected, polished and Zymoled the roof. My wife jokingly said it looke heavenly in that picture!

Cheers,

AR

Car looks great. Particularly the interior trim against the silver. Top Job!:)

NSXGB
22-11-2008, 04:43 PM
....all done, surprising how quickly the job can be done. Pics to follow if anyone interested....

nigel
23-11-2008, 01:45 AM
Yes to the pics!
Would you mind some close ups of the centre console to show the four buttons for the fog lamps, half aerial, etc, etc..
for me in the states?
I bought the control panel from Sudesh and it only has two buttons and i'd like to see a close up of the rest.
Here in the states we don't have a button for the headlight controller ? adjustment and I have no idea how it looks or works,
I'm still looking for a headlight wash system for my "ACURA 92' GPW" they don't offer here in the states.

Cheers
nigel