PDA

View Full Version : To fit it ... or not to fit it ...

Paul
01-01-2005, 11:04 PM
Since buying my baby at the start of September she's never worn a front plate, which I rather like as she looks much nicer bare :wink:
But, having been pulled over on New Years Eve after overtaking Mr Plod ... number plate placed in teh window before doing so ... I'm wondering whether to fit the plate, or not.

I seem to recall ctrlaltdelboy saying he ran around for around 13 months before hearing he was a target for getting pulled, hence a hastily fitted plate.

I'm toying with the idea of continuing to run around without one, especially as I only got a producer for my paperwork as opposed to having to get the car checked for a correctly fitted plate.

But, is it worth the risk??? What could Mr Plod do to me should I continue to run around with a plate tucked down by the side of my seat only to be displayed when he comes into view going my way on the road??? Am I liable for a fine, points, or worse???

Kevin
02-01-2005, 10:22 AM
I thought, failing to display a number was a £20 fine.

However with the advent of speed cameras, it may be more serious now, as forward facing cameras won't be able to catch you, and they may think you are deliberately trying to avoid them.

However you've been caught once, so do you think you will get off lightly a second time?

Paul
02-01-2005, 10:44 PM
I was stopped yes, but all they did was to urge me to chase up the part and get it fitted as soon as possible. I didn't even get a producer for them to check I'd got it fitted within a month, let alone the seven days I have to produce my licence (both parts), insurance and MoT certificate. So, technically I don't see that they can say I've been pulled for that as the producer doesn't even mention it, so where's their proof that's what they stopped me for ... ;-)