PDA

View Full Version : disappointed

ctrlaltdelboy
08-02-2004, 06:48 PM
I have to say how very disappointed i am that rather than embracing all that the new forum has to offer, NSXCB members seem to be ignoring the forum and continuing to struggle on with the far inferior yahoo group mail thingy. I know that when you get used to something it can be easier to carry on using it than to switch to something new, but come on! we can really make this forum into something good if we all just use it.

Kevin, I think what we really need here are 2 main sections:

1. General NSX discussion
2. NSX Technical discussion

these seem to be missing at the moment and to be honest, these are the 2 areas that are most needed. without them all disussion will simply continue to be done on the old list, and I would much rather see it done here.

Darren

Kevin
09-02-2004, 09:08 PM
Well yes, so am I.
Seems like most people will just keep quiet on the subject, instead of having a discussion about it, so I can gauge what to do.

More features will come in time.

DamianW
10-02-2004, 05:46 PM
I would rather use a forum for discussion I have to say, and I was hoping this place would become a good source of info for uk NSXs (as I'm fairly shortly to begin seriously looking for one).

I would reinstate the general discussion forum.

forumadmin
10-02-2004, 06:05 PM
OK, I shall introduce a general discussion forum soon. There are a few issues I need to sort out. Let's say the discussion forum will be open as a 'trial'.

UltraViolet
15-02-2004, 05:44 PM
I would prefer to use this place too - I was only holding off as I thought 'the powers that be' had said we should continue to use Yahoo.

If this place is go though... thumbs up here! :D

ctrlaltdelboy
15-02-2004, 06:41 PM
I would prefer to use this place too - I was only holding off as I thought 'the powers that be' had said we should continue to use Yahoo.

If this place is go though... thumbs up here! :D
Careful Sam, you know how some people (usually those who are oblivious to the existence of the chasm) can react to such comments. Having said that, I suspect that anyone you may have been referring to will not be in here reading this anyway.
:wink:

Jon
15-02-2004, 09:38 PM
I was strangely drawn to this thread ... must have been the mention of my chasm :wink:

This forum will hopefully be put to use by those that have stayed away so far .
Unfortunately for some this may mean the imminent death of the yahoo group in the same way it did with our Smartgroups list .
But most will see how much beter this set-up is given time :)

(not that I know anything about your yahoo thing though :oops: )

Kevin
16-02-2004, 09:41 AM
Thanks for the support.

I believe the forum system is better than email lists. Just looking at the 2004 planned events forum is one good example. Posts won't get lost and forgotten like they do with emails.

However I also know forums are more open to abuse than the email list. Somehow email lists tend to maintain quality posts with some useful content. Forums tend to have meaninless replies and 'chatter' just for sake of it. This certainly happened on the US email lists vs NSXPRIME forum.

Maybe it has something to do with the anonymity of forums. I hoping that the quality of our email list will remain on the forum. With the small numbers of NSX owners and NSXCB members, and personally knowing most of them, I don't see the forums degenerating.

I haven't announced that a general discussion forum is open on the email list. Seems like a few have found it already. I won't announce it myself, as I want to see what happens. There was only one person who strongly didn't want the change to the forum system, however, that person also didn't (and can't) say that it's not allowed. After all, there isn't strictly someone in charge in the NSXCB.

I have said the general discussion forum is open as a trial. We'll wait and see how it works out.

Welshman
12-03-2004, 08:30 AM
I think we should ditch the Yahoo group thingy. All those awful bloody pop ups when you're trying to move from one messahe to another. Don't dilute the effect so go with the most effective medium which is a forum based site like this.

mcibuk
02-04-2004, 10:29 AM
All this is very new to me! :?

I am owner of NSX for last 3 weeks - very happy so far but many questions
I am new to NSX Car Club - even though i was member of TVR Club, i only ever read the magazine - never contributed!
I am new to electronic age of Forums and Chat Rooms so - this message may not get posted correctly!

However!

I hope to get more involved with this club - the Forum i have trawled through and there rae some areas that i am very impressed with so hopefully the Forum will thrive! Yahoo for me is a non starter as i can't even get past the login!

ctrlaltdelboy
05-04-2004, 09:31 AM
Welcome to the club mcibuk!

make sure you check out the FAQs both here and at www.nsxprime.com

if you still have questions, ask away :D

Darren

UltraViolet
10-05-2004, 04:38 PM
mcibuk - Cooeee - a fellow Yorkshire based NSX owner ..... I am just a little further east up the M62 from you! :D

Cory
10-05-2004, 11:12 PM
Being new around here I have no past experience of any Yahoo group, but I have to say that I think this forum is pretty smart. 8)

Not any more or less elaborate than most of the other car forums that I frequent, but that is not a negative comment for sure.

Very good guys :D

ctrlaltdelboy
24-08-2004, 04:36 PM
Hi all

I did a little count up of the number of posts recently on both this forum and the emial list and the results suggest that the predictions made by some that the list would die in favour of the forum appear to be coming true.

I posted a message to the list to let the non-forum-aware subscribees know what they are missing out on - for those who have not seen it go here (http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/nsxcb/message/3628) (you may have to navigate past the advertising banners that interrupt the reading of messages)

I'll just put my flame suit on just in case......
:mrgreen:

AquilaEagle
13-09-2004, 08:10 PM
Forums are far better than Yahoo groups :) Good luck getting this forum moving guys :) It is tough leaving something you know for something new, but it will well be worth the change :)