PDA

View Full Version : Front bumper removal!

TheSebringOne
08-08-2007, 10:44 AM
Hi guys n gals, how difficult is it to remove the front bumper, how many hours? is it a two man job to take off or to put back on as may need religning? I am thinking off having the NSX R front bars, which goes across the radiator & the easier one to fit under near the battery! Has any fitted these? They seem very good value at SOS (not tried Bazza yet) and having been in Bazzas Type R the other day, you can really feel more planted! :)

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/exterior_performance_products/NSX/Honda/NSX-R_chassis_reinforcement/default.asp

mutley
08-08-2007, 10:48 AM
Have you looked at the manual ( didn't I give you a disk at japfest?) I know it's for the older model but it should be pretty similar.

HTH
Jim

NSXGB
08-08-2007, 11:17 AM
You don't need to remove the front bumper to fit the bar.
If you do a search, there is a thread on it with some fitting tips.

forumadmin
08-08-2007, 11:28 AM
If you search around you will find my easy method.

Undo the top mounts to the rad, and move it back. No need to disconnect. Cover the rad with some cardboard to make sure you don't damage it.

NSXGB
08-08-2007, 12:03 PM
If you search around you will find my easy method.

Undo the top mounts to the rad, and move it back. No need to disconnect. Cover the rad with some cardboard to make sure you don't damage it.

That's the way, it will be tight still....expect a few scratches up your arms.

mutley
08-08-2007, 12:05 PM
That's the way, it will be tight still....expect a few scratches up your arms.

Ahhhh every good mechanic is prepared to loose a bit of skin!

This is a thing that I am considering, I think my car has a bit of roll to it that could do with stiffening up.

Jim

dan the man
08-08-2007, 05:19 PM
James if u want any help let me know. Ive had my DC5 front end of and back on, all straight forward enough. so doing the behind the radiator method should be straighforward. im a hands on guy anyway so used to pulling bits apart etc etc..

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b99/DTMDC5K20/16072006016.jpg

NSXGB
08-08-2007, 08:01 PM
Ahhhh every good mechanic is prepared to look a nit of skin!

This is a thing that I am considering, I think my car has a bit of roll to it that could do with stiffening up.

Jim

To get the best from it, do the Type-R front anti roll bar at the same time. You may find otherwise that there is bugger all clearance between the standard ARB and the bottom strengthening bar.

I done the bars first; you will notice a difference, made my non PAS feel lighter and more positive. I noticed a bigger improvement when I installed the Type-R ARB, better turn in and obviously better stability cornering \ less body roll.

All in all small money for a nice improvement in handling.

mutley
08-08-2007, 11:23 PM
That does sound ideal, but time is running out for me this year, but it'll give me something to do when I get back..................unless I leave my car at Simons house and he does it for me hehehehe

Jim

TheSebringOne
10-08-2007, 11:08 PM
Dan pal thanks for the offer, I'm sure you're very much a hands on guy! I might take you up on the offer, do you fancy some R bars? may be a GB with Bazza? I'm sure with your slim hands/fingers & skills, you would be perfect for the job! ;) Oh by the way, maybe have a meet soon? Just got my new discs on today:bigsmile:, still bedding in! :(

Simon, did you get R bars from SOS with the brackets so you don't have to cut off part of the rad plastic surround. How much of a gap we talking about bewteen the ARB and chasss bars? they don't touch when in use? Thanks :)

Great Ary just posted another thread about fitting them, so lets wait.

NSXGB
10-08-2007, 11:30 PM
Got my bars from Dali :beatdown:....my last semi successful order a long while ago.

The only bother I had was with the plates that you have to unbolt either side of the rad. Some people discard both of these plates and simply bolt on the new bar, some like me had to leave one plate in place to get the spacing right. You will see what I mean when you do the job.
Luckily Kowalski told me where I was going wrong.

There are some threads on Prime about these too if you fancy reading some more...