PDA

View Full Version : Any Scottish NSX Owners

Damian T
06-08-2007, 12:22 PM
Hi everyone,

just wondered if there are many nsx owners north of the border, and if any ever meet up.

I'm based in Motherwell which is just outside Glasgow.

My own car is a 02 in pearl blue which I bought from Westgate Honda in Grimsby at start of the year. By far the best car I've owned yet ( last car was Porsche 996 Carrera 4).

Great forum!

Cheers

Damian Turner

mutley
06-08-2007, 03:45 PM
HI Damien, yeah there are a few of us up here, Myself and Gsuds just south or Edinburgh and another new member through the glasgow way (Craigdonnelly I think).

Whie you're here, I have heard about a Hondatec UK meet in Motherwell coming up, are you going? Would be pretty good if we all got together and had 4 NSX turning up, would be a bit of an eye opener.

Jim

craigdonnelly
07-08-2007, 09:33 PM
Yes that's me the new member Craig Donnelly from Scumbernauld. It's my one week Birthday tomorrow of owning an NSX! I still can't believe it because it's always been one of my favorite cars. I swear this story is true... I went on holiday with my friends to Florida at the beginning of July. For reading material on the plane I bought a newspaper (daily sport ), EVO magazine and "NSX Honda's Supercar" by Brian Long. I come home and a week later I own one ha ha!

I would be more than happy to meet up in Motherwell and four NSX's would be a rare sight! I think I've only seen four in my life on the road???

P.S. Guys on the dashboard next to the cassette player do the buttons that say "eject" and "A.S." light up at night when you put the lights on?

mutley
07-08-2007, 09:55 PM
Hmm I'm afraid I can't answer that one as I've got rid of my OEM head unit, pop this quetion in a thread on the technical site, I'm sure one of the guru's on here will know.

Jim

gsuds
08-08-2007, 08:36 AM
Five now with c11nky down the road from me....wonder if I could get a hold of the CCC car too to make 6??

G

Yes that's me the new member Craig Donnelly from Scumbernauld. It's my one week Birthday tomorrow of owning an NSX! I still can't believe it because it's always been one of my favorite cars. I swear this story is true... I went on holiday with my friends to Florida at the beginning of July. For reading material on the plane I bought a newspaper (daily sport ), EVO magazine and "NSX Honda's Supercar" by Brian Long. I come home and a week later I own one ha ha!

I would be more than happy to meet up in Motherwell and four NSX's would be a rare sight! I think I've only seen four in my life on the road???

P.S. Guys on the dashboard next to the cassette player do the buttons that say "eject" and "A.S." light up at night when you put the lights on?

mutley
08-08-2007, 10:43 AM
So, is there a plan to go for the hondatec UK meet in Motherwell on the 23rd, or will we still have our own wee mini meet first?

Jim

GregR
27-08-2007, 12:05 PM
apologies for the thread hijack, but I'm a prospective owner from Edinburgh who'd be very interested in just having a seat in one to get the feel for it - I've not actually been driven in one yet. Having come from Elise ownership, we on the forums normally encourage newbies to come along to Knockhill for passanger laps and the like - do you guys do anything similar?

Thanks in advance,

Greg

mutley
27-08-2007, 12:13 PM
HI Greg, I'm in still in the Edinburgh area this week if you want to have a look at mine, just let me know.

Jim

GregR
27-08-2007, 12:19 PM
Jim, that would be great! Where in Edinburgh are you? I was sure I saw a Red NSX in Barony Street last week - too much of a coinscidence? Any help/advice much appreciated :)

mutley
27-08-2007, 12:21 PM
Na not mine, my one is silver, but yes there is a red one floating about.

I'm in Dalkieth but I am usualy out and about most days. give me a call (I'll PM my number) and we can meet up somewhere.

Jim

NSX 2000
27-08-2007, 07:51 PM
Na not mine, my one is silver, but yes there is a red one floating about.

I'm in Dalkieth but I am usualy out and about most days. give me a call on and I can meet up somewhere.

Jim

Jim, If I were you I would remove your mobile number from the public domain as there are idiots out there in cyber space who will use it to send you sh1t!! IIRC this happened to Kevin.

mutley
27-08-2007, 11:27 PM
Jim, If I were you I would remove your mobile number from the public domain as there are idiots out there in cyber space who will use it to send you sh1t!! IIRC this happened to Kevin.

Ah yeah very valid point, I forgot anyone can look at these,

Nice one,
Cheers
Jim