PDA

View Full Version : More interior changes

mutley
28-07-2007, 05:27 PM
HI All, yep I've been at it again. I was fed up with the "plastic" look of the A-pillar trims and the roof lining, so I removed them and re-trimmed with black suede.

I haven't done anything with the sunvisors yet as I'm still playing with a few ideas to make them match in with the rest of my interior.

I have pics and as soon as I can get decent ones I'll post up.

Jim

amo
28-07-2007, 06:54 PM
lol well done cant wait to see it all transform
on the other hand iv gone all carbon lol
lol
thx amo

mutley
05-08-2007, 11:32 PM
Here are a couple of pics so far.

Starting the roof lining and a pillers, and the last pic ready to re fit.

Silver Surfer
05-08-2007, 11:49 PM
So your cabin is even darker then? can't wait to see it.

SS

mutley
05-08-2007, 11:55 PM
yeah the grey plastic look wasn't doing a thing for me, the black looks really well, but watch this space, a few more alterations coming!

Jim

Minch
06-08-2007, 07:16 AM
I really like what you've done there. Good effort!

Lankstarr
06-08-2007, 07:25 AM
yeah the grey plastic look wasn't doing a thing for me, the black looks really well, but watch this space, a few more alterations coming!

Jim

Good work Jim, It will compliment all the red sy=uede you have in ther.

Will be good to see up close and personal and compare to the memories of the type R interior.

Are you doing the dash as well... good luck if so!

AR
06-08-2007, 09:51 AM
Will be good to see up close and personal and compare to the memories of the type R interior.

Which is a pain in the a$$ to clean!

mutley
06-08-2007, 12:09 PM
Good work Jim, It will compliment all the red suede you have in ther.

Are you doing the dash as well... good luck if so!

I'm not going to attemp the rest of the dash like that, as Ary said, would be a twat to keep clean, but if you see the other thread, I've got the CF console in and nav pod waiting, and I'll probably go down the route of changing the other plastic parts for CF (you know the little covers on the door that hide the screws etc)

Next plan- Seat repair /restore.

Jim

Senninha
06-08-2007, 12:55 PM
Hi Jim,

Looks to be a nice upgrade, will be good to see photo's of all the parts installed.

You clearly have a talent for these things as well as keeping us safe in this mixed up world we live in.

Take care

regards, Paul

PS, if you were to attempt the dash then you could end up with a few customers!

forumadmin
06-08-2007, 01:43 PM
I would like to do some of my bits.

Did you use genuine Alcantara? Where did you get the material from?

Also did you remove the grey vinyl off first? There is a seller on ebay who does materials for automotive use.

I think the dash would only work if the stitching can be re-done. There is a guy on NSXPrime called KANE, who has done his interior, it looks really good with stitching and panelling on the doors.

I might also make up some CF parts, but if I do they will be without gelcoat, ie they wouldn't have that shiny outer layer, but would be dull finished like racing cars.

mutley
06-08-2007, 03:28 PM
Hi Jim,

Looks to be a nice upgrade, will be good to see photo's of all the parts installed.

You clearly have a talent for these things as well as keeping us safe in this mixed up world we live in.

Take care

regards, Paul

PS, if you were to attempt the dash then you could end up with a few customers!

That's actually quit tempting now!! I have a feeling that it wouldn't be quite as simple though............ it looks like one hell of a job removing the dash!!......unless I can work out a way in doing it in sections and hiding the joins? Hmmm that's something for me to ponder

Cheers

Jim

mutley
06-08-2007, 03:35 PM
I would like to do some of my bits.

Did you use genuine Alcantara? Where did you get the material from?

Also did you remove the grey vinyl off first? There is a seller on ebay who does materials for automotive use.

I think the dash would only work if the stitching can be re-done. There is a guy on NSXPrime called KANE, who has done his interior, it looks really good with stitching and panelling on the doors.

Well I sourced the material of good ol' fleabay, it's not alcantara, just some faux suede type stuff.

I didn't remove the original vinyl, just stuck on top if it, this way it still have a little bit of padding/soundproofing. I agree about the dash, it would look great if done properly, and I don't really have the time or the propper facilities to do it. I've just finished replacing the speakers (used original casing and same size speakers) and I have got some red acoustically transparant material to recover the speaker grills. As usual , I'll get pics asap.

Jim

TheSebringOne
06-08-2007, 09:58 PM
Jim, keep up the good work pal. You are definately one of those who does'nt just talk but gets on with it, rather one who talks & does nowt, bit like myself! ;) Maybe I'm a big chicken or call me Mr.OEM! I'm I right to think you were an engineer in the past? :)

mutley
06-08-2007, 10:09 PM
Yeah I like to get things done. And you're correct, I started of my RAF career as an engineer, so I'm not to worried when it comes to taking things apart.

And as for Mr OEM......... you never get any miles on your car for anything to need changing ;)

Jim

TheSebringOne
06-08-2007, 10:13 PM
You be shock to know I've just gone over 38K this week! So just running in maybe! ;)

mutley
06-08-2007, 10:18 PM
hmmmmm I've done about 3K since the 'fest

TheSebringOne
06-08-2007, 10:39 PM
I'm one of those "less is more!" ;)

NSX 2000
07-08-2007, 08:13 AM
I'm one of those "less is more!" ;)

So your partner has been telling evreybody. :laugh: :laugh:

Sorry James but I couldn't resist, I'm sure Papa and TQO just hadn't spotted it other wise they would have beaten me to it.
Paul.