PDA

View Full Version : Motegi Battle, Number 2!

Martin
25-07-2007, 09:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VjgbvpyCp8

Well worth watching, especially the last 2 minutes!!

I was tearing the hair that I don't have out of my head! :-)

Cheers
Martin

TheSebringOne
25-07-2007, 11:21 PM
Great find! The R did us proud with the least BHP, but proves what you can do with a well set up chassis & great drive train/gearbox! I think the CS would have passed if theres another lap tho. Surprised the Gallardo was going backwards, but had most BHP & 4WD, suppose let down by too many electronic aids & computers! (power is nothing without control). Also the CSL did well considering its a virtually a coupe/saloon, even beating the stock 360! :pleased::proud:

Senninha
26-07-2007, 05:44 PM
HI Martin,

NIce find and interesting to watch. I've often wondered how 'controlled' these events are and this one seems to suggest that they may well be a little staged ....

How did the NSX-R manage to give up a solid lead? The driver didn't appear to make any errors?

Regards, Paul

gumball
26-07-2007, 07:17 PM
HI Martin,

NIce find and interesting to watch. I've often wondered how 'controlled' these events are and this one seems to suggest that they may well be a little staged ....

How did the NSX-R manage to give up a solid lead? The driver didn't appear to make any errors?

Regards, Paul

See how the Gallardo indicated to let the NSX past then held up the rest for a couple of laps, that might have something to do with it:).
But the sound of that CS wow

TheSebringOne
26-07-2007, 11:18 PM
Damn & shame if its staged! :( Well it was in the land of the rising sun and is'nt Motegi one of Honda's main testing track too? (bias). Reading through some EVO issues the Lambo should have been the quickest, so likely its staged! :(

mutley
16-08-2007, 02:24 PM
Love this little video and is always a good one to show "doubters", but in reality I think that the results may have been a little different.

Still want an NSX-R though.

Jim

Rob_Fenn
17-08-2007, 07:40 AM
I wouldn't say that they are staged, it's just that Gan San knows how to drive an NSX whereas the other cars are new to the other drivers. Gan San is also a bit cheeky in these races... look how he blocks the 360 Stradale driver just past the 10 minute mark!

If i remember rightly the NSX-R in that video suffered over heating which is why it slowed down.

simonprelude
17-08-2007, 08:31 AM
If it's the one from memory it was a fluffed gear change that caused the over heating issue :(

If i remember rightly the NSX-R in that video suffered over heating which is why it slowed down.