PDA

View Full Version : NSX Service Centres...

NSXGB
23-07-2007, 02:03 PM
I live in West Sussex and used Yeomans for my last service, which I have no complaints about but can anyone recommend another NSX 'capable' Honda Dealership within a reasonable distance from me? Say 50 miles.

I left a message at 11am today for one of the Service guys to ring me back for a cam belt service quote at both Yeomans and Chiswick....3hrs later I chased them both up, still waiting for someone to get back to me at 3.15pm....surely they can't be that busy?

Thought I'd give my business to someone that wants it.

Any recommendations?

Rob_Fenn
23-07-2007, 02:41 PM
Are fixed on using a Honda dealer? Bear in mind if your NSX is fairly new a warranty is still remained as long as OEM parts are used.

Plans in Guildford Surrey would be my obvious recommendation ;)

NSXGB
23-07-2007, 02:47 PM
Mine is a little past the warranty period....was thinking of Plans but I was weighing it up with the value (?) of another Honda stamp in my book to keep the fhsh in tact....

Can't phone them right now....any ideas what they charge for labour on a cambelt service?

Martin
23-07-2007, 09:18 PM
I know its outside your 50-mile requirement, but I would STRONGLY recommend Norton Way Honda in Letchworth.

They are more than 50 miles for me too, but worth it.

Bryan Smith is the service manager there, and he is as good as you will get anywhere.

Lankstarr
23-07-2007, 09:27 PM
I used Norton Way for my first service to check all was OK. I was very satisfied with the service and prices (ask for a discount!).

Couldn't make the trek for the recent oil change so used local Honda stealer.

I wouldn't take it anywhere else for any service more major than an oil change! (Well maybe Chiswick if Norton Way went bust!)

PS - agree about the Bible Brian... he's the man when it comes to NSXs!

L*

TheSebringOne
23-07-2007, 10:57 PM
Is Yeoman the one that took over John Cooper that was in Ferring (Brighton) If so, they gave me a quote for 8 hrs labour 2 yrs ago, but not sure of their current hourly rate. If you think thats bad customer service, I left Manchester Honda 8 messages to ring me back about oem brake disc diameter size/thickness, but their parts on the computer don't show sizes anymore, but they had no common sense to ring Swindon HQ! Then went to pick up car after service, they didn't give me back my service book, then picked up book two days later, but they forgot to stamp it!! :angry: Might try 2Mills next, but its a longer trek.

NSXGB
24-07-2007, 07:19 AM
....did take a look at Norton Way as I'd heard good things about them on here but it's 100 miles each way...might have to though!

NSXGB
24-07-2007, 07:23 AM
Yes, it used to be John Cooper.
They forgot to stamp the book for me as well, maybe it's a ruse to get you back? Last year they quoted me £540 labour for the belt change, but I want them to install the headers 'while they're there'....

Is Yeoman the one that took over the John Cooper that was in Ferring (Brighton) If so, they gave me a quote for 8 hrs labour 2 yrs ago, but not sure of their current hourly rate. If you think thats bad customer service, I left Manchester Honda 8 messages to ring me back about oem brake disc diameter size/thickness, but their parts on the computer don't show sizes anymore, but no common sense to ring Swindon HQ! Then went to pick up car after service, they didn't give me back my service book, then picked up book two days later, but they forgot to stamp it!! :angry: Might try 2Mills next, but its a longer trek.

NSXGB
24-07-2007, 07:42 AM
....still no call back BTW....

Baz
25-07-2007, 04:54 PM
I echo the comments made by others in favour of Norton Way. Very helpful & efficient. They even call me to suggest it might be time I booked in for a service!

Baz