PDA

View Full Version : Bargain face lift NA2 ??

simonprelude
18-07-2007, 10:55 AM
Just seen this on ebay, is this the cheapest fixed headlight car so far ??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130135486341

Certainly seems that way, not good news for the rest of us.
Someone might get a bargain though.

Long Beach Blue 52 plate for sale at Two Mills, 27000 miles for £34,995.

http://i24.ebayimg.com/04/m/000/81/1f/4250_27.JPG

Not sure on the wheels though.

simonprelude
18-07-2007, 11:00 AM
http://i11.ebayimg.com/02/m/000/81/1f/4253_27.JPG

AR
18-07-2007, 11:18 AM
Saw it too, I blame my kitchen for me not buying this. :no:

sportyking
18-07-2007, 11:30 AM
I was offered the LBB Honda NA2 press release car for close to this kind of money 2 years ago, also from a Honda dealers. I forget what it was being advertised for but it bore no resemblence to what they would accept. They were very keen to shift it. It was a bit of a shed and a wasted 140 mile round trip even then.

Why would the wheels be changed??, either someone with very dubious taste, in which case they should still have the originals or maybe one or two have been damaged and it was far cheaper to fit those tacky things? If the latter I would have to ask what else has the owner skimped on.

bazza
18-07-2007, 11:33 AM
I saw this car at Two Mills a few weeks back. It was sitting on axel stands while the wheels were off getting refurbed.

simonprelude
18-07-2007, 12:11 PM
So original wheels gone and these 'other' wheels needed refurbishment also ??
Or was it originals getting refurbished.

I saw this car at Two Mills a few weeks back. It was sitting on axel stands while the wheels were off getting refurbed.

bazza
18-07-2007, 12:24 PM
So original wheels gone and these 'other' wheels needed refurbishment also ??
Or was it originals getting refurbished.

I was told it came with "bling split rims" so I am guessing the after market ones..

TheSebringOne
18-07-2007, 12:43 PM
Great bargain for someone :) But bad news for the rest of us, can't believe 2Mills (ex NSX dealer in the NW & N.Wales) are selling it at a low price and its not an 02 reg, but 52 with low mileage too :( Also those wheels don't look right, why would someone changed the lovely OEMs for these gold/silver ones!? Lack of TLC or taste?

sportyking
18-07-2007, 01:09 PM
I think the price is a fair reflection of the values.
Newer cars are still dropping (though more like a finely tuned glider than the proverbial brick) and this car has naff wheels which must take 1-2k off the value of similar car on OE wheels (around 5k to buy new OE wheels).

When you also consider that buyers with this kind of dosh see a much smaller gap between 35 and 40k compared with buyers of 20-25k cars.

With an 03 immaculate NIOP Targa waiting to be snapped up at 39k it has to be that cheap to stand a chance.

Most NSX have relatively low mileages so I think the market already takes that into account, it is the starship mileage cars that will take the hit, not low milers commanding a premium.

jaytip
18-07-2007, 01:17 PM
I don't think it is underpriced IMO.I think that most of the others that are nearer the 40K mark(02/03) are way overpriced.Would you guys be willing to pay circa 34K for a 2001 pop up with similar milage,i know i wouldn't.Let's remember we are talking about a 5 year old car here that even at 34K is still retaining over 50% of its new value,and it's list price was 10K cheaper than it was on a 2001 car.We all love these cars but i think we have to be sensible about the value of them.

reg
18-07-2007, 03:08 PM
I don't think it is underpriced IMO.I think that most of the others that are nearer the 40K mark(02/03) are way overpriced.Would you guys be willing to pay circa 34K for a 2001 pop up with similar milage,i know i wouldn't.Let's remember we are talking about a 5 year old car here that even at 34K is still retaining over 50% of its new value,and it's list price was 10K cheaper than it was on a 2001 car.We all love these cars but i think we have to be sensible about the value of them.

Absolutely.

It is easy to get all misty eyed about values but your car is only worth what someone is willing to pay. As for this one I would be asking the question if a kilo of something was included with the wheels :laugh:

kevinpsw
18-07-2007, 03:09 PM
I also think it a fair price considering the horrid wheels. Most other NA2 cars are indeed more expensive but they aren't selling. There are 55 and 06 cars at sub £50k with next to no miles on the clock. Still over 50% list price at 5 years old is good.

TheSebringOne
18-07-2007, 10:30 PM
Reg, what are you implying with a kilo of ?! Remember " Just say no " from the Grange Hill crew! :D

Senninha
18-07-2007, 10:43 PM
Interesting debate ... pop-ups versus fixed light 3.2's

And I guess it can only be answered by prospective buyers own preference.

Talking to many of you at Japfest there would still appear to be a strong following for the late pop-ups. The good ones be that in coupe or Targa are rarely offered for sale, and when they are, circa £30k seems to be the price guide.

There are many styling upgrades of the 02's that I personnally like but IMO there is one thing missing. I have always thought that the 02's actually need the Type R bonnet, in body color, to finish the front end.

There are also more to choose from in this price crossover due to the strong sales when launched. This one looks fairly priced but I would like a bit of history about the rim change. It should at least give a good starting point for negotiation. I would also be looking for the longest Honda warranty to be included and then some ££ taken of the sticker price.

So the dilema for the buyer is ..£30-£33k for a late pop-up or £35k for the 02 model.

Good Luck to anyone who may be interested. Its in a great color!

regards, Paul

TheSebringOne
18-07-2007, 10:56 PM
Paul, I've always enjoy what you have to say & especially if it leads to a debate! :) One thing I know is that CF bonnet would look great on your very lovely X to go with the rear spoiler/alloy wheels, but I think it maybe a little too much on other colours etc? Maybe its just me Mr OEM!! ;)

NSX 2000
19-07-2007, 10:14 PM
Two Mills Honda Ltd
Parkgate Road
Ledsham
Wirral
Cheshire

The clue is in the last line of Two Mills address!

Now what sort of person with no taste but lots of money lives in Cheshire

Oh could it be a footballer?

Rob_Fenn
20-07-2007, 09:22 AM
Haha, you're probably right!

TheQuietOne
20-07-2007, 11:24 AM
I have always thought that the 02's actually need the Type R bonnet, in body color, to finish the front end.

One thing I know is that CF bonnet would look great on your very lovely X to go with the rear spoiler/alloy wheels, but I think it maybe a little too much on other colours etc?

Huh? :rolleyes:

Ferris Bueller
20-07-2007, 11:29 AM
Two Mills Honda Ltd
Parkgate Road
Ledsham
Wirral
Cheshire

The clue is in the last line of Two Mills address!

Now what sort of person with no taste but lots of money lives in Cheshire

Oh could it be a footballer?

Surely a footballer wouldn't have such good taste? (The car I mean, not the wheels!).

Nick Graves
20-07-2007, 07:19 PM
I'd want a full suspension rebuild - I dread to think what those have done to the bearings, dampers, bushes,etc.

TheSebringOne
20-07-2007, 09:46 PM
Huh what Matt? Please explain yourself :unsure::dunno:

Papalazarou
21-07-2007, 08:24 PM
Well, what an exciting expedition. Today I made the trip to pick up potentially my next NSX. I was more than a little concerned by the weather and the 230+ mile journey.

Anyway, we got halfway up and it was like 'Day of the triffids' there were abandoned cars everywhere; mostly French and Vauxhalls funnily enough.
We finally made it to the Wirral at about 1pm.
The saleman greeted me at reception and led me to the car in the workshop.

Well imagine my surprise when I set my eyes on a shiny set of golden wheels, bathed in citrus in order to betray a hint of acid........well what was I to do? what would any hot blooded male do in a similar situation! I signed on the dotted line and took the full wonderment into my possession.

Now, I don't want anyone to feel jelous, I know how much some of you loved those wheels and I can only imagine how hard it has been this last week to hide your admiration, but not all of us are destined to walk the golden road.

Drove back carefully as the rain was pretty heavy in places, all in all a good day depite the weather.

Glad to be back in an NSX.....three weeks break was enough.

Cheers,

James.

P.s, the gold didn't come off in the rain.

P.P.s, Ha-Ha.

kowalski
21-07-2007, 08:35 PM
Congratulations James.

Glad to see a defector return to the fold! Didnt think you'd be without one for long!

leigh

WhyOne?
21-07-2007, 08:41 PM
Well done James - pleased to hear the trip went well.

P.S. Workshop didn't have time to do the radio swap, so it will be Sept. now I am afraid.

Papalazarou
21-07-2007, 08:52 PM
Thanks Ian, much appreciated. We'll have to meet up when you're down next.

Cheers,

James.

AR
21-07-2007, 11:46 PM
Congratulations!

Papalazarou
22-07-2007, 08:09 AM
Thanks Ary,

these things are addictive.

Cheers,

James.

WhyOne?
22-07-2007, 08:15 AM
Thanks Ian, much appreciated. We'll have to meet up when you're down next.

Yes indeedee.........in fact I will have to find an excuse to visit my parents without the family so I can bring Y1.

AR
22-07-2007, 09:16 AM
Thanks Ary,

these things are addictive.

Cheers,

James.

James if you modify the Tubi to fit your car and will sell the tips let me know please.

Cheers,

Ary

Papalazarou
22-07-2007, 09:42 AM
Hi Ary,

That looks likely, I just need to find someone to make the new tips. I also need to shift a set of wheels, a pair of seats and most of an interior.

Cheers,

James.

forumadmin
22-07-2007, 10:06 AM
Mmm, well I guess so much for the 'project' car then.:)

What size are the wheels, and what wheels are you 'shifting'?

I'm thinking about getting some wider wheels for track use. Keep me in mind.

AR
22-07-2007, 11:45 AM
Hi Ary,

That looks likely, I just need to find someone to make the new tips. I also need to shift a set of wheels, a pair of seats and most of an interior.

Cheers,

James.

James have you looked at:

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/parts/35131.jpg

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd.asp?zone=main&id=700

Cheers,

AR

NSXGB
22-07-2007, 04:03 PM
http://www.cardomain.com/item/MGF35131

TheQuietOne
22-07-2007, 04:16 PM
Hi Ary,

Cheers,

James.

Hi James,

I have enjoyed this thread (knowing what I knew), and expect a little bit of humble pie to be consumed by a few next week! I resisted as you know resulting to the 'people in glass houses' adage more than once! None of our cars are 100% after all...

Anyway back the important point I think you would be far better just getting a new exhaust that fits properly.....

Regards,

T-T-S (The-Tubi-Stalker)

DamianW
23-07-2007, 08:15 AM
Nice one James, although on the other hand, given the price this was at, its a bit of a worry for second hand values.

Hey ho, guess I get to enjoy mine a bit longer :D

TheSebringOne
23-07-2007, 10:40 PM
Welcome back James & congratulations on your new purchase in one of the best colours, a fixed coupe & no wonky roof (kidding Paul)! :D Good job you brought it as did think about trading up my, but with my low mileage use & circumstances it was a no go, but it could'nt have gone to a nicer new owner. The Wirral only 30 miles from me, so well done getting there first! 2008 JapaneseFest !?! ;)

Senninha
24-07-2007, 12:02 AM
Hi James,

I have enjoyed this thread (knowing what I knew), and expect a little bit of humble pie to be consumed by a few next week!

Regards,

T-T-S (The-Tubi-Stalker)

HI James,

As for Matt, this was an interesting one for me too.

Firstly, I'm really pleased for you and trust you were able to nail the deal with the extra benefits we discussed.

Ref the Tubi, I'm sure you will be able to get the tips changed, my only question would be its compatibility with the 3.2?

I look forward to some photo's and seeing the results of your TLC for this NSX. BTW, has Ary still got his plate for sale? Would be rude not to have an NSX plate for your new P&J!

Congrats James

regards, Paul

Papalazarou
24-07-2007, 07:32 AM
Hi Paul,

The tubi came off Ary's old 3.2 so it should be fine, I hope! Not sure about a private plate as I'll probably do my usual mod anyway!:-)

Thanks for your help the other day.

Cheers,

James.

Mr_Spanners
24-07-2007, 07:36 AM
Congrats on the new car James - It's nice to have you back in the fold so soon!!! I wont ask what happened to the idea of an older project car to tinker with ;)

I'm guessing you'll be putting the tasteful Volk rims from N7 onto the new model and selling the lime\bling wheels?

~Phil.

PS I think I can hear the cry of the Tubi vultures!!!! :eek:

:laugh:

NSXGB
24-07-2007, 09:09 AM
Ary,
Are these bolt on?

James have you looked at:

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/parts/35131.jpg

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd.asp?zone=main&id=700

Cheers,

AR

Papalazarou
24-07-2007, 01:36 PM
Ary,
Are these bolt on?

They could be if you play your cards right!!

(sorry, don't know)

Cheers,

James.

sportyking
24-07-2007, 02:43 PM
Well done James. If you do look for OEM wheels for the beast I would love to help. Nice to see a touch of realism in the Dealer asking prices as well.

I also see a red 03 Manual Targa has just popped up on pistonheads 22.5k miles £38.5k