PDA

View Full Version : 97 Targa Manual Charlotte Green 62k

Mariscalcus
17-07-2007, 04:48 AM
Gentlemen,

Re the post in the General Discussion forum in the 97 T NSX for sale at Tony Gilbert, if this is an Aberdeen car as claimed then it was for sale here in April 07 privately first under K4JLO and then R34GAP. I was abroad at the time and unable to see it - it disappeared quickly presumably sold. The price, as I recall, was around 24K.

I contacted Tony Gilbert last week and was told that this is one of the last 3 litres with 4 owners but did not ask nor was told from where it originated. If correct, that's its third plate in as many months.

Maybe someone knows what is going on with this car since I would be interested - I have been looking for a good 3.2litre "pop-up" targa for over a year but may have to settle for a late 3 litre instead (and maybe it's about time I registered on here since this is a superb site!)

Slainte,

David

mk1
17-07-2007, 10:25 AM
That's what worries me, full H serv history but evidence of recent passing the parcel. New gearbox due, maybe?

simonprelude
17-07-2007, 11:16 AM
Possiblly, neither of the other plates are showing as registered so possibly 30SOO is the same car. It would be strange for all of them to be late 1997 CGP cars and the other 2 have also changed plates / no longer exist.

Interesting one.

How would the history line up with different plates and multiple owners ??

Senninha
20-07-2007, 11:19 AM
I have been looking for a good 3.2litre "pop-up" targa for over a year but may have to settle for a late 3 litre instead (and maybe it's about time I registered on here since this is a superb site!)

Slainte,

David
Hello David,

And welcome to the site. I hope you do proceed to register and indeed find that elusive NSX-T you're looking for. I have what you wish for (not for sale) and had to spend around 9 months to find it.

I bought from a forum member so all the more reason to register and make a proper introduction.

regards, Paul

Lankstarr
26-07-2007, 10:38 PM
David,

All the best for your search. I hope you do not have to compromise too severely like Senninha did and choose a dodgy grey one.

PS What your looking for is like 26karat plated gold dust (not gray dust with carbon fibre flecking).

Luke

Senninha
28-07-2007, 12:40 PM
At least with the Targa the bodywork is all the same colour ;)

AR
28-07-2007, 01:36 PM
At least with the Targa the bodywork is all the same colour ;)

Well there is at least one green targa with a black panel going around. :)

TheQuietOne
29-07-2007, 07:49 AM
And actually there was an option for an alternative roof material on the targas, which I believe was either some kind of kevlar or dare I say it PVC mix. There supposedly is a MP out there with this combo!

sunday driver
04-08-2007, 03:35 PM
I viewed the NSX for sale in Aberdeen earlier this year but my recollection was that it was not a targa.The very same week I bought my 96 Targa in South Wales from a club member.Its reg is NSX18P and I believe that a few of its previous owners have been club members.Any history would be welcome-I have good service records and receipts,etc.It is also charlotte green but has a black roof.It has a CF centre console with R gearknob and a stainless exhaust system.I am still at the grinning stage of ownership!For your information I am aware of 2 others in Aberdeen-another 96 Targa in red and a Blue 02 one which I have seen around town.Good luck in your search.

Senninha
06-08-2007, 04:32 AM
Hi Sunday Driver,

I have seen your NSX a few times and hope that you are enjoying it. FYI, the exhaust is from Haywood & Scott who are based in Essex. It was fitted a couple of owners ago as was the console change.

Look forward to some new photo's

regards, Paul

Mariscalcus
06-08-2007, 11:59 AM
Hi Sunday Driver,

I'm envious!

The 97 Green NSX on sale in Aberdeen in April with the strange plate history was definitely a targa or so the owner claimed in an email to me and it does seem a coincidence that the Gilbert one has the same mileage. Interesting about 2 others being here in Aberdeen - I have not seen them unless they are hidden amongst the flocks of Boxsters that fill the roads.

David