PDA

View Full Version : Slow Passenger Window?

Minch
12-07-2007, 04:32 PM
Hi Chaps,

I dare say this is already somewhere on the forum but I'm lazy so I'm starting my own thread :) . The passenger window on my NSX is really sloooooow, is there a way of fixing this? Is it slow because its under strain?

I'm replacing my drivers side speaker amp soon and while I have all the tools to hand (and in the mood) I thought it would be a good time to fix the window if possible. Any helpful tips?

Many thanks
Nathan

Mr_Spanners
12-07-2007, 07:40 PM
1st off, if you've not replaced the cable brackets with the Dali Window Fixits stop using the window immediately (this only applies to pre-94 cars)

The cables that operate the window do need greasing every few years otherwise the regulator mech can grind to a halt so you'll need to take the door card off to do this anyway.

CLICK HERE for more details (http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Troubleshooting/windows.htm)

HTH

~Phil.

Minch
12-07-2007, 09:50 PM
Thank you very much for that Phil. Better get on to that ASAP.

Cheers
Nathan

amo
12-07-2007, 09:52 PM
give it a good clean and then some new grease
grease in the rubbers as well

thx amo

Minch
13-07-2007, 05:40 AM
Have you had the same problem Amo? Cheers for the advice.

Minch
13-07-2007, 10:06 AM
Anything else you guys think I should take a look at while I have the door interior exposed? I'd rather only do it once!

amo
13-07-2007, 04:13 PM
Have you had the same problem Amo? Cheers for the advice.

hi mate yes had the same prob
did get a lot better with a good clean and new grease
but make sure its silicon grease and get right in all the rubbers

but hyeline got me a new reg for my car as they are 1 of my sponsoursss

thx amo

Lankstarr
13-07-2007, 05:37 PM
I was reading a thread on prime where the guy had an extension tube for his WD40 and just pointed it into the runners (using a pencil torch to see inside the door) and sprayed.

You just need to put the window down for access so if you have the right tools it is a quick fix way of doing it.

amo
13-07-2007, 06:43 PM
I was reading a thread on prime where the guy had an extension tube for his WD40 and just pointed it into the runners (using a pencil torch to see inside the door) and sprayed.

You just need to put the window down for access so if you have the right tools it is a quick fix way of doing it.

true but u should clean it first take all the crap and grime off remember years of build up will be there and ull just add wd40 on top of all that

so i think any how lol

thx amo

Nick Graves
13-07-2007, 07:00 PM
but make sure its silicon grease and get right in all the rubbers

...thx amo

Holt's silicone & rubber lubricant (in a can) is a godsend - puffs yer rubbers up like a new car!

I cannot recommend it enough.

TheSebringOne
14-07-2007, 09:41 PM
I can concur with Amo, WD40 is great all rounder, but is a temporary cure as it evaporates anyway, so the quick fix wouldn't last? Best do the job properly for piece of mind. :)

Sudesh
23-12-2007, 05:00 PM
I have this problem on my 95 NSX. Would all the info apply to my car also, taking off the door card clean the runners new grease?