PDA

View Full Version : Search for another one.....

Papalazarou
12-07-2007, 04:01 PM
I thought I'd have a break from the wild world of the X, but I keep looking in the classified so I guess not.

The cars on autotrader haven't changed for a long while except for the one below which seems a little steeply priced to me......by about a third.

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/CARS_popup.jsp?searchform=&modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&photo=1&state=none&sort=&hassearched=Y&make=HONDA&min_pr=75&source=0&model=NSX&max_pr=&miles=1500&agerange=&mileage=&postcode=ta24+5tr&variant=&bodyid=0&trim=&fuelid=0&colour=&transmissionid=0&keywords=&ukcarsearch_full.x=15&ukcarsearch_full.y=7&start=4&distance=159&adcategory=CARS&channel=CARS&id=200728291238589

If anyone knows of an early 3.2 or something with potential please let me know. Before I buy something German, or worse french!!

Cheers,

James.

Silver Surfer
12-07-2007, 09:21 PM
James,

Sorry for asking as I may have missed it........Why did you get rid of your imaculate "X" to look for another?? :dunno:

SS

simonprelude
13-07-2007, 08:16 AM
Sounds like he wanted a 3.2 ??

simonprelude
13-07-2007, 10:36 AM
What about this one ??

Say's MY2000 but also a Manual 3.0 ??

Looks like the newer interior though.

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/CARS_popup.jsp?searchform=&modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&photo=1&state=none&sort=&hassearched=Y&make=HONDA&min_pr=75&source=0&model=NSX&max_pr=&miles=1500&agerange=&mileage=&postcode=sw1a+1aa&variant=&bodyid=0&trim=&fuelid=0&colour=&transmissionid=0&keywords=&ukcarsearch_full.x=39&ukcarsearch_full.y=14&ukcarsearch_full=SEARCH&start=2&distance=303&adcategory=CARS&channel=CARS&id=200728291414234

WhyOne?
13-07-2007, 10:49 AM
Looks like the newer interior though.

Hmmmm, not so sure.....looks like 'ruffled' leather to me - when was the switch to perforated?

If it is a 2000 car, £19k seems very reasonable!

AR
13-07-2007, 11:12 AM
That is an import lads just look at the bumper.

Steveycaz
13-07-2007, 12:28 PM
Wow! £19k is really cheap, import or not! Is this because of a different market in Scotland or has the price been falling anyway?

Senninha
13-07-2007, 12:39 PM
Wow! £19k is really cheap, import or not! Is this because of a different market in Scotland or has the price been falling anyway?There have been some keenly priced examples from north of the border and the JDM spec will put some people off.

James, your PMR rims would look good against the dark green :thumbsup:

regards, Paul

Lankstarr
13-07-2007, 01:27 PM
hmmmm old leather, new armrest, import or not it has to be worth 26k if a 3.2 2000 plate.

AR
13-07-2007, 01:39 PM
Guys it clearly states that it is a 3.0. The 2000 merely indicates the year of import. If anyone thinks JDMs are ALL a bargain have a look at Siofkents chassis now in AMos possesion :eek:.

simonprelude
13-07-2007, 01:43 PM
It's a 1995 3.0 manual that was brought into the country in 2000 :(

WhyOne?
13-07-2007, 02:14 PM
The price tag now makes a lot more sense.......not necessarily unreasonable, just not an out and out bargain anymore.

DamianW
13-07-2007, 02:29 PM
I'm considering selling mine at some point soon, so if you want a trouble-free 2001 model let me know (just had big service + all new brakes).

TheQuietOne
14-07-2007, 06:43 PM
I'm considering selling mine at some point soon, so if you want a trouble-free 2001 model let me know (just had big service + all new brakes).

Sorry to hear that Damian, James can I suggest you get your cheque book out and pay a deposit to the man now! It is probably the second best 3.2 with pop-ups in red in the country....:laugh:

TheSebringOne
14-07-2007, 09:28 PM
Yep! All JDMs have virtual square rear number plates.:quote: I know cars are slightly cheaper North of the border, but with the rarity of an X, maybe there shouldn't be such a disparity? :unsure:

Damien, do you mind me asking why you are selling, especially after the BIG service (belts & plugs)? :(

Matt, who is numero uno then?? :dunno:

Lankstarr
14-07-2007, 09:54 PM
Make that the third best pop up in the country.

Do you get it now TheStupidOne?

pissed posting is much funnier!

AR
14-07-2007, 09:59 PM
OH no, not another one of us drunken poster hidden reply!

ctrlaltdelboy
14-07-2007, 10:16 PM
I think James wants a change from red next time ;)

TheSebringOne
14-07-2007, 11:02 PM
Luke, maybe I should get tanked up & post a reply, but after yesterday's 10 hour marathon bdays/works do, being sober is quite nice! Actually checked forum lastnight, but the keys looked a little blurred :cantlook: I wander who will come in at number 99 Red pop up? They're sooooooo common! ;)

Lankstarr
15-07-2007, 07:06 AM
I don't want to resort to the childishness of other forums and start a mass-debate but...EVERYONE knows red is the fastest colour:cool::laugh:

TheQuietOne
15-07-2007, 09:09 AM
I think James wants a change from red next time ;)

Now I don't want to sound churlish but I don't think he does! :)

Once you've had a red X I can assure you it is pretty hard to go elsewhere colourwise especially if you like polishing your car, which I think James qualifies for don't you?!

TheQuietOne
15-07-2007, 09:14 AM
Matt, who is numero uno then?? :dunno:

Mine obviously - we're only counting the 'fast' colours in this debate as Luke has stated LeStupidoOno....

I would imaging Damian's reasons are mixed centering around not driving it enough due to a variety of reasons and I guess there is only so much time you can justify that sized lump of cash sitting in the garage! It certainly isn't because he has gone off it or that there is anything wrong with it!!

sportyking
15-07-2007, 03:57 PM
What colour cars won the rolling road shoot out then?
That red paint must be very light to bring up the Power to weight ratio, especially as (if I recall correctly) Matts car had a much heavier pile carpet that prevented use of full throttle................. :)

Back to the original point I went over to Newton Honda in croydon yesterday to look at the MDs LBB NSX which is indeed back in the showroom but, as sad as this sounds I couldn't bring myself to go into the showroom for fear of making a bid for it and it's still a bit early for me to jump back in.

WhyOne?
15-07-2007, 09:11 PM
Back to the original point I went over to Newton Honda in croydon yesterday to look at the MDs LBB NSX which is indeed back in the showroom but, as sad as this sounds I couldn't bring myself to go into the showroom for fear of making a bid for it and it's still a bit early for me to jump back in.

Hi Ritchie - I had a good look at it a few weeks ago when I was in to pick up a couple of small parts. It is not as tidy as it looks from afar and it isn't for sale!

sportyking
15-07-2007, 09:23 PM
Ian, where car salesmen are involved everything is for sale, one guy working at FW Mays (and who I last saw working at Newton Honda) started trying to flog me property in Spain!!!

My next would probably be NIOP anyway as I still it miss it from my S2k days.

Lankstarr
16-07-2007, 05:18 AM
Ian, where car salesmen are involved everything is for sale, one guy working at FW Mays (and who I last saw working at Newton Honda) started trying to flog me property in Spain!!!

My next would probably be NIOP anyway as I still it miss it from my S2k days.

I think you'll find a rather suitable one is up for sale at the moment...well??? go on then... what are you waiting for!?

DamianW
16-07-2007, 06:32 AM
Mine obviously - we're only counting the 'fast' colours in this debate as Luke has stated LeStupidoOno....

I would imaging Damian's reasons are mixed centering around not driving it enough due to a variety of reasons and I guess there is only so much time you can justify that sized lump of cash sitting in the garage! It certainly isn't because he has gone off it or that there is anything wrong with it!!

Spot on, no sinister reasons thats for sure. I've had it for 3.5 years now and love the car, but I never get time to drive it.

Senninha
16-07-2007, 09:23 AM
Spot on, no sinister reasons thats for sure. I've had it for 3.5 years now and love the car, but I never get time to drive it.

Hi Damian,

Sorry to hear you may be selling up, good luck with the sale

Prospective purchasers,

Having seen Damians car recently, it has to be one of the cleanest (and best photograhed ;)) slow red cars available

regards, Paul

SportyKing wrote ... What colour cars won the rolling road shoot out then?

TheQuietOne
16-07-2007, 09:39 AM
Having seen Damians car recently, it has to be one of the cleanest (and best photograhed ;)) slow red cars available

regards, Paul

SportyKing wrote ... What colour cars won the rolling road shoot out then?

You're flogging a dead horse with that one - the point being, it is like saying which athlete on drugs won the 100m sprint(?)...modifications make any fair comparison null and void Magnum PI!

DamianW
16-07-2007, 10:06 AM
Hi Damian,

Sorry to hear you may be selling up, good luck with the sale

Prospective purchasers,

regards, Paul

Thanks. Its not officially up for sale as yet, but as James was looking and I was considering it I thought it daft not to enquire. If someone offered me the right money then I'll sell, otherwise I'll probably keep it another couple of months before advertising.

Its a difficult decision for me, unlike some of you I know that its unlikely I'll ever have an NSX again. Not because I don't like them, just because life has changed and an expensive two seater just doesn't fit in.

sportyking
16-07-2007, 01:38 PM
I'm only jesting Matt, there was stuff all in it anyway, the type of oil and quality of fuel used on the day could make that little difference. Red cars impressed me so much with their additional speed I went and bought one but opted not to have a carpet this time just in case.

TheQuietOne
16-07-2007, 09:02 PM
I'm only jesting Matt, there was stuff all in it anyway, the type of oil and quality of fuel used on the day could make that little difference. Red cars impressed me so much with their additional speed I went and bought one but opted not to have a carpet this time just in case.

I know but I have to bite of this site would be boring! Just hurry up and add an NSX back into your stable sir! Sod whether you think you're ready or not - I can officially tell you you are!! :laugh: What better than an NSX to tow the Atom around with....

TheSebringOne
16-07-2007, 11:04 PM
Matt, I don't want to get involved with which colours fastest etc etc, but you would make a very persistant car salesman, abeit a bit in your face at that! ;)

Senninha
16-07-2007, 11:13 PM
Matt, I don't want to get involved with which colours fastest etc etc, but you would make a very persistant car salesman, abeit a bit in your face at that! ;)
Nope, I disagree with this. What would make Matt a good salesman is his ability to listen, consider his response, then relay that response. This is far from being in one's face, instead, it is very attentive and reassuring, which is what I would like to see in a salesperson.

regards, Paul

BTW, red are not the fastest ... LoL

TheQuietOne
17-07-2007, 07:21 AM
I'm not sure I like being picked on like this...

TheSebringOne
18-07-2007, 10:05 PM
Matt, It wasn't my intention to and this has been taken out of context :) Its just that you were telling or almost ordering a fellow member to buy another member's X, which is no bad thing as the car may stay in these circles! ;) Is that ok? No crit intended pal :bigsmile:

TheQuietOne
18-07-2007, 10:11 PM
Don't worry - I've known most of the people on here for a couple of years now, and although I've only met Ritchie once I'd class him as a mate! As with 90% of what I write on here I was only joking, perhaps you should hold back from commenting on everything you read, its is easy for things to be taken out of context on a forum (I very much regret falling out with AR a long time ago on here after several such incidents!). ;)

No offence taken, not only did I bring a very good friend to the NSXCB shores but I have made some too along the way!

:)

sportyking
18-07-2007, 10:26 PM
Don't worry - I've known most of the people on here for a couple of years now, and although I've only met Ritchie once I'd class him as a mate!

Obviously a forgettable mate Silverstone??? :)

TheQuietOne
18-07-2007, 10:29 PM
Obviously a forgettable mate Silverstone??? :)

FunnilyenoughIhadforgottenPEeventhoughitwasthecent reofthejoke! Sheesh I'm thick sometimes....

AR
18-07-2007, 10:35 PM
Don't worry - I've known most of the people on here for a couple of years now, and although I've only met Ritchie once I'd class him as a mate! As with 90% of what I write on here I was only joking, perhaps you should hold back from commenting on everything you read, its is easy for things to be taken out of context on a forum (I very much regret falling out with AR a long time ago on here after several such incidents!). ;)

No offence taken, not only did I bring a very good friend to the NSXCB shores but I have made some too along the way!

Matt you are OK in my book, here is an old Azeri proverb:

"The friend of my friend is my friend, the friend of my enemy is my enemy, the enemy of my friend is my enemy but enemy of my enemy is my friend."

Confusing enough!

TheSebringOne
18-07-2007, 10:46 PM
:bigsmile::thumbsup: COOL! Everyones now happy !