PDA

View Full Version : Front number plate holder - borrow ??

simonprelude
04-07-2007, 05:36 PM
It's MOT time (well was about a month ago) and I have looked at the plate holder that was put onto the Prelude and..............

............... it was butchered to put on there and won't go back on as the bolt holes are now no longer there.

So if anyone has one I can borrow that would be great or I'm willing to pay for one :(

Think the car Amo has doesn't have one ??

So, anyone...... ??

TheQuietOne
04-07-2007, 06:46 PM
It's MOT time (well was about a month ago) and I have looked at the plate holder that was put onto the Prelude and..............

............... it was butchered to put on there and won't go back on as the bolt holes are now no longer there.

So if anyone has one I can borrow that would be great or I'm willing to pay for one :(

Think the car Amo has doesn't have one ??

So, anyone...... ??

Are we talking NSX number plate holder? If so I have one - but it has to go back on mine for an MOT as mine was also due last month! If you want to drive the 80 odd miles up to me to get it and have my local guy MOT both the cars at the same time (using the one holder) let me know...other wise I'm sure there are people closer who could lend you one for the purpose!

Let me know, Matt.

simonprelude
04-07-2007, 06:59 PM
I'll be coming passed yours on Friday but if you need it for MOT then no good :(

TheQuietOne
04-07-2007, 07:19 PM
I'll be coming passed yours on Friday but if you need it for MOT then no good :(

Let me see in the morning I might be able to get mine in before then - it is about 500yds down the hill from my car!!! Will you be in something sensible then on Friday?

simonprelude
04-07-2007, 07:59 PM
Yes, Prelude :)

Can swing by Monday / Tuesday either so could put some wheels in the car also ??

Let me see in the morning I might be able to get mine in before then - it is about 500yds down the hill from my car!!! Will you be in something sensible then on Friday?

Lankstarr
04-07-2007, 08:01 PM
mine's available for borrowing if that falls through... dunno how you'd get it though!

TheQuietOne
04-07-2007, 08:23 PM
Yes, Prelude :)

Can swing by Monday / Tuesday either so could put some wheels in the car also ??

Sounds like a plan - shall we talk over the weekend, I have a pretty manic 5 days ahead working long hours but I'm sure we can sort that out! I'll drop mine down to the MOT place in the morning and see when they can fit it in. Will you be coming back from Peterborough then?

simonprelude
04-07-2007, 08:55 PM
Glasgow :(

Will you be coming back from Peterborough then?

TheQuietOne
04-07-2007, 09:00 PM
Glasgow :(

Sweet Jesus that is a long way! Well you'll probably be coming back down the M5 I'd guess and my factory is a 10 min detour off Junction 5 so that would work well...

NSXGB
07-07-2007, 10:51 AM
You obviously don't have an understanding MOT inspector like me...totally forgot about the plate when I went for my test....and the decat pipes...

Why don't you tape it with double sided tape?, or make two 'L' shaped brackets out of ali ( took me 15 mins to make mine) to bolt it on temporarily?

I could knock you a pair up if you are still looking as I have some of the ali bar kicking around....let me know.