PDA

View Full Version : Brake pads

TheSebringOne
30-06-2007, 11:08 PM
I will be ordering a full set of Hawks HPS pads to go with full set of RB discs, but on SOS site it does'nt mention if these pads cover all years from 91 to 05, whereas the more track orientated HP+ states fit all years? Also if they fit all, does that mean they won't sweep all of the disc right up to the edge as mine are the larger diameter 97+ disc?
:dunno:

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/braking_performance_parts/NSX/Hawk/

Kevin
01-07-2007, 08:11 AM
All pads are the same size.

nsx_vtec
01-07-2007, 08:45 AM
I would get just your usual o.e.m disks and the hawk pads.

The Hawks are very harsh and fancy disks to cut it unless they are bembro blanks or slotted or somthing like AP.

Saying that the Honda o.e.m are very good and are heat treated higher than most.

hope that helps.

reg
01-07-2007, 09:24 AM
I would get just your usual o.e.m disks and the hawk pads.

The Hawks are very harsh and fancy disks to cut it unless they are bembro blanks or slotted or somthing like AP.

Saying that the Honda o.e.m are very good and are heat treated higher than most.

hope that helps.

RB recommend Hawk for their discs. They are also a better internal design and just as hard as oem. With the mileage we are talking about here it is not worth worrying about and if it were me I would go for the HP+ which are fairly aggressive.

nsx_vtec
01-07-2007, 01:57 PM
sorry i meant the HP Plus to.

You can try some snazy disks but i rather spend money on o.e.m ones or Bembro ones coz they will last better / longer.

TheSebringOne
03-07-2007, 12:21 AM
Theres seems to be a difference of opinion on whether RB are better or worst as may not last longer than OEM? I'm going to get a full set of single piece RB since they seem better value, got patented front curve vains for increased air flow, better cooling, improved braking & reduces warping. Are they as good or better replacement than Honda's own OEM? Its seems a few of you have changed to RB and seem happy, but some state above to go OEM as heat treated better & last longer, unless you go to the quality of Brembo or AP? This confusion is doing my head in now!
I've checked Dalis who have Hondas OEM & they are not much more expensive than RB. :dunno:

Senninha
03-07-2007, 07:50 AM
James,

Have a chat with SimonPrelude ... I believe he has been running with the 2 piece RB's for longer than most so can probably offer the best insight to the life expectancy of these versus OEM.

FYI, I did consider these but went OEM Type R discs from Dirk who was offering them at a very good price last year.

HTH, Paul

simonprelude
03-07-2007, 08:22 AM
I did want the type R discs, however the ££'s just didn't add up.

The (2 piece) RB ones do seem to be of very good quality and are also lighter than standard or type R if that matters to you. I would expect the standard RB ones to be of similar quality but can't comment on them directly.

I have been toying with the idea of becoming an importer for RB but want to try the S2000 ones out first, the Spoon ones on there just don't want to die though.

Steveycaz
03-07-2007, 09:17 AM
How many miles a year are you doing James?

dan the man
03-07-2007, 05:53 PM
LMAO..he prob does less miles than the pope does in his popemobile!!

TheSebringOne
03-07-2007, 10:27 PM
Thanks all
Paul I know your Rs are from Dirk (like Simon can't justify em),but he also sells Dixels or dixcels which I believe are made by AP? Has anyone here tried these Dixels/Dixcels or know whose tried em? (smooth or slotted)
Simon the main diff bewteen 2 & 1 piece is weight, you can change the iron outer, but retain Alu hub when replacing-so cheaper long run.
Steve, I was doing about 1000pa, but now stretching to near 2000pa, sad I know!
DTM, I believe the last Pope got Enzo no.400, but auctioned it off, his cobblers make shoes for the Zonda. We should have a mini meet & add some mileage eh! ;)