PDA

View Full Version : Sorry, but a few questions!

andy martin
23-06-2007, 07:41 PM
I'm starting to get the bug for a late NSX,having always has a bit of a thing for them since my old CRX days in the early 90's!.It appeals because of its everday capabities over my other possibilty a Noble M400 ( already had a 3R).
So a few questions please.
There seems to be some sort of Kudos to cars that were "one of the last twelve",what were the differences if any?
Have been speaking to the helpful Ivan at Chiswick Honda, are there any other well respected dealers?
One of the things that I know I'm not going to fall in love with is the dated interior ( no offence meant to any owners)are there any companies that do interior upgrade that don't break the bank! Did a search and saw the lovely Pro-Car C/F bits but a bit expensive maybe although the dash bits looked lovely.
Any things to totally avoid,colours mods etc?
Thanks in advance to anyone who replies.

Kevin
24-06-2007, 11:56 AM
I guess as owners we are more sensible than to fall for the hype of the 'last 12' that you seen in adverts. There's nothing special about them, apart from the fact that colour options that weren't available to UK buyers were made available on these ones. That is the only difference in them.

There is a dealer listing elsewhere on this site. Norton Way is a favourite for servicing. Maybe Chiswick for sourcing ones for sale. They are run by the same management by the way.

The only interior upgrades are for CF bits that replace the plastic. Most owners don't care about the interior. It's simple and it works, and it lasts.

NSXs come in a limited range of colours anyway. They are all pretty good, can't say there's any duff ones. Colour doesn't affect price.

I would in general say that early cars get modified. If you're looking at a very late one, I would guess that all the cars you look at will be standard. There is only spec for NSXs. The only choice you had was manual or auto, coupe or targa top.

They are pretty simple things to buy really.

ctrlaltdelboy
24-06-2007, 01:54 PM
welcome Andy!

Like Kevin says, the last 12 are unique among UK models on account of the colour options available to the buyers (bodywork and interior) which had not been available during the previous 15 years, however the relative uniqueness that the NSX enjoys anyway means that the resale prices of the last 12 are not much beyond the norm for comparable late models.

here are some of the last 12 being collected by their new owners
http://nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=872

andy martin
25-06-2007, 09:37 PM
Thanks for the replies so far.Anyone know of some late examples at reasonable money.There's a yellow car in Scotland but the colour doesn't do it for me, Chiswick have none and SGT aren't dealing on their car.?

NSX 2000
26-06-2007, 07:27 AM
Thanks for the replies so far.Anyone know of some late examples at reasonable money.There's a yellow car in Scotland but the colour doesn't do it for me, Chiswick have none and SGT aren't dealing on their car.?

There is/was an orange targa for sale on Auto Trader that had been posted on the forum some where, if you do a search it should be a recent post, plus IIRC the Honda garage on Brighton Road Croydon have a LBB model which is owened by the MD which they will sale for the right money but they do not advertise this. You would have to make a phone call.
HTH
Paul

mutley
03-08-2007, 10:34 PM
I agree with you on the dated interior, and slowly but surely I'm updating mine. I've just finished the CF console, and have the CF nav pod ready to fit. Will have some pics up in another post as soon as I can get them uploaded onto a computer.

Jim

simonprelude
04-08-2007, 08:59 AM
There is a red one for sale at Bristol Lexus, I can have a look at it if you like.

I think the best places to look are Honda website, Autotrader and scarily ebay.

If you let Chiswick know what you are after then they might hear about any out there before the general public.

Interior, well apart from the bulky controls around the steering wheel then all I can say is function over form, it's bolted together well and works.
I'm surprised that this is a concern if you're other contender is a Noble, well unless they have upped their game since I last looked at one. Elise styling with Ford switches is what I remember.

simonprelude
04-08-2007, 09:12 AM
http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/CARS_popup.jsp?searchform=&modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&photo=1&state=none&sort=3&hassearched=Y&make=HONDA&min_pr=75&source=0&model=NSX&max_pr=&miles=1500&agerange=&mileage=&postcode=sw1a+1aa&variant=&bodyid=0&trim=&fuelid=0&colour=&transmissionid=0&keywords=&ukcarsearch_full.x=28&ukcarsearch_full.y=9&ukcarsearch_full=SEARCH&start=10&distance=18&adcategory=CARS&channel=CARS&id=200730292091449

Rob_Fenn
04-08-2007, 10:03 AM
Good pick there Simon. For the later models it would between red and black for me!

I liked the ergonomics of the interior before it twas all ripped out, i don't know what the fuss is about looking dated really, you should be concentrating on the road ;)

amo
04-08-2007, 10:39 AM
true about the interior iv just bought some from the us and with the exchange rate
its cheap

thx amo

TheSebringOne
04-08-2007, 10:17 PM
Rob & co, I agree with you on the interior, its part of the car's character and you buy the car primarily for its driving, also functionally is about good reliable/tough interior & switchgear! Its not a Ferrari !

mutley
04-08-2007, 10:24 PM
I know that there are a few "Die Hards" on here that gererally spit on me as I pass for changing the interior ( I don't care..... I'm a rebel :P), but as some say it isn't a Ferarri and it's all part of it's own character. Fair enough, but I still think that there is no harm brining it slightly more up to date. It would be different to go completely radical and rip the whole interior and start from scratch, where as all i'm doing is changing like for like bits from plastic to CF and adding a little colour.

Jim