PDA

View Full Version : ex owner

reg
18-06-2007, 07:50 PM
Yes, its done. Earlier today I can report that Chewy left my ownership and has hew headed off into the sunset. I am sure the new owner will be along to introduce himself at some point in the near future.

So what was it like owning an NSX for 6 months?

In the very beginning I was a bit dissapointed with the car, it had very weak brakes and then on the journey home it refused to warm up, not a good beginning:rolleyes: So stuck it into the dealer and they fitted a new thermostat which solved all the problems. If your NSX takes more than 5 mins to warm up in any weather get a new 'stat fitted, seriously its £70 all in. I started musing about the brakes when Paul stepped in and sold me his old set. All the discussions about NSX brakes not warping and juddering being due to pad material build up is complete turned out to be an old wives tale, front left was running out roughly .020" or enough to open the fuel filler at 140mph when hard on the pedal:no:

New brake lines, fluid and pads transformed the stopping into something pretty good, not a race set-up but better in every way bar throwing some dust on the wheels than stock. Unfortunately not too many miles were being covered as work/life and general blah got in the way. It was becoming clear that it was turning into an ornament, not good.

I was always surprised at how composed the car felt. Serious speed could be carried with little effort and it seemed to shrink around you giving the impression of a much smaller car.

Japfest was something I had wanted to do so I decided that a 'For Sale' sign would be bolted to the car soon after. As it turned out the leads came from here and it was done deal.

I am going to miss the exclusitivity and the smiles, the people talking to you everywhere you stopped. I am going to miss the noise and view over the bonnet and learning new things every drive. Dislikes, maybe the fact that it was too precious but that's about it.

So what is coming next? A turbo, several litres, some race numbers, lots of alloy and magnesium, some software and a laptop. Lots of things and maybe not all of them cars?

I dunno but its going to be hard act to follow. Catch you all sometime.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k259/regroo/DSC02447.jpg

TheSebringOne
18-06-2007, 09:04 PM
Sorry Reg about Chewy, very sad to see her go after a short love affair :cry::cry: That empty garage feeling is very spooky. Keep in touch & let us know what you get next :) Thats a great final full side on shot of Chewy :)

gsuds
18-06-2007, 10:15 PM
Shoulda painted those wheels :D

I'm intrigued as to what's next....hard act to follow - per your thread of a couple months back + our chat at JapaneseFest!

Graham

dan the man
19-06-2007, 06:54 AM
all the best reg pal.

Lankstarr
21-06-2007, 09:02 AM
Sad to hear that the deal is finally done, I would say nice knowing you but I'm sure we'll hook up and stay in touch ... I think I can be friends with someone that doesn't own an NSX... or can I!?

DamianW
21-06-2007, 09:11 AM
Best of luck reg... wave if you see me driving through town :D