PDA

View Full Version : Notts Police ban convoy or meeting of 5 or more cars!

Steveycaz
18-06-2007, 04:16 PM
If this is true (it is according to the BBC), it could impact how we plan convoys to events!
http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/news/default.asp?storyId=16378

AR
18-06-2007, 04:31 PM
Might as well have left Hitler take over, at least we would have autobans!

reg
18-06-2007, 04:32 PM
Basically the first time this comes up in court of law it will get laughed out, typical of the Police to focus on thing like this than actaully tackling real crime in the community. It could be challenged on civil liberties like everything else.

AR
18-06-2007, 04:36 PM
Basically the first time this comes up in court of law it will get laughed out, typical of the Police to focus on thing like this than actaully tackling real crime in the community. It could be challenged on civil liberties like everything else.

Nothing will be done and the motorists pay again!

We are the easy target.

Cheers,

AR

Silver Surfer
18-06-2007, 04:39 PM
Their prison will fill up pretty quickly!!:D:cool:;)

SS

TheSebringOne
18-06-2007, 09:11 PM
What is the world coming to, big brother etc, can't do this, can't do that, its all becoming a police state more & more ! :angry::shakefist::( How are we gona do Japanese fest 08 now!?

Senninha
18-06-2007, 10:03 PM
Basically the first time this comes up in court of law it will get laughed out
Unlike the effect of your latest Avatar :(, quite a sad sight, but I guess Chewy has gone to his new home....

Keep in touch and let me know what you decide to play with next.

regards, Paul

amo
18-06-2007, 10:14 PM
nowt new we bend over more and more
was down devon on sun another show and paid 106 for fuel **** man and in usa they pay that for a gallon

thx amo

Martin
18-06-2007, 10:38 PM
Stupid bl**dy control freaks without brains...AARGH :-(

Reg, your avatar makes a very sad sight...but your decision to sell has made Mark very happy..."f***ing awesome" I believe his first words were after his drive home :-)

Cheers
Martin

dan the man
19-06-2007, 06:49 AM
whos up for a meet in Notts ? ;)

Not exactly nova crew, would like to see 30 NSXs on the news for travelling together.

Steveycaz
19-06-2007, 07:34 AM

Not exactly nova crew, would like to see 30 NSXs on the news for travelling together.

Now that's an idea - 43 car convoy through Notts! :thumbsup:

Senninha
19-06-2007, 08:30 AM

I'm in if you decide to arrange :laugh: and dont forget to smile when you're on telly! :cool:

sorepaws
19-06-2007, 04:13 PM
So if 6 cars of the same type are coincidentally driving along the same part of the M1 does this mean the old bill will nick them ? I bet Mini drivers and BMW drivers will be pleased :D

Monaco92
19-06-2007, 07:46 PM

I'm ready and revvin. Just tell me when !!

Monaco92
19-06-2007, 08:11 PM
Just to clarify, Are five police cars an illegal convoy ?

dan the man
19-06-2007, 08:26 PM
where is notts on the map.. im up for this NSX stylee.. :0

TheSebringOne
19-06-2007, 11:46 PM
Amo, so the SC drinks alot then?

DTM, the trip to Notts from Mancr is awesome, you have to go thru the Peak Districts & Derbyshire, some awesome roads buddy!!

Reg as on the other thread, keep in touch & its sad to see an empty garage.

Martin, so you know Mark (new Chewy owner), is he a friend & maybe someone who may join us on the forum?

Rob_Fenn
20-06-2007, 08:45 AM
I think people are missing the point, this is to scare off Corsa drivers with their 5" exhausts from congregating thanks to their croozz websites. I'm sure the police would show a bit of common sense if some old boys in their MGs were doing the same thing.

DamianW
20-06-2007, 11:17 AM
I think people are missing the point, this is to scare off Corsa drivers with their 5" exhausts from congregating thanks to their croozz websites. I'm sure the police would show a bit of common sense if some old boys in their MGs were doing the same thing.

Yes I think that is the intention. But it still stands as an infringement of civil liberties. I think its downright disgusting to be honest but then I'm not a fan of Blair's police state.

ctrlaltdelboy
20-06-2007, 12:01 PM
Yes I think that is the intention. But it still stands as an infringement of civil liberties. I think its downright disgusting to be honest but then I'm not a fan of Blair's police state.

exactly

thin end of the wedge and all that - anyone seen Hot Fuzz? it's for the greater good...

TheSebringOne
20-06-2007, 01:20 PM
Maybe if we do a convoy, we could wear caps, false beard & a scarf like wing commander, sorry no disrespect to MG owners! Well Blair only got less than a week left (please no politics on this forum). ;)