PDA

View Full Version : Tyre Life

Baz
15-06-2007, 11:58 AM
I'll give you all a good laugh.
I purchased my '03 ascari red beast in February last year with just 4500 miles on the clock. I've now racked up 17,000 miles and the car is still on its original Dunlops. It was serviced this week at Norton Way and was told their md once wrecked a set of rears in as little as 2000miles.
I actually ordered a new pair of rears some months ago but they are still sitting at the tyre fitters as everytime I pop in they send me on my way again saying 'you're still legal'!!
I will come clean and say nearly all my miles are on motorways and dual carriageways - but I still think it's an amazing mileage.
I know you guys are going to say get out there and drive the thing properly!

Cheers,
Baz

Senninha
15-06-2007, 12:38 PM
It was serviced this week at Norton Way and was told their md once wrecked a set of rears in as little as 2000miles.
I know you guys are going to say get out there and drive the thing properly!

Cheers,
Baz
Hi Baz,

Lovely looking NSX and even though they're m'way miles you are probably driving more than many. I think TQO can probably better you're acheivements with his Miss Daisy driving style ;):laugh: Its a joke Matt!

As for 2k to wreck a set a rears, I seem to recall Ritchie did a similar thing last year ... but this did include a trip to the 'Ring :)

regards, Paul

DamianW
15-06-2007, 12:46 PM
Lovely looking NSX

I second that... I love the Ascari red on the 02+ shape.

I seem to be getting good life out of my Goodyear Eagles, either that or I'm just not driving it these days... hmm could be that.

AR
15-06-2007, 02:14 PM
Nice car, BTW I am using the MK1 wheels with the 225s on the back and I have to struggle not to wheelspin if I push too hard.

Rob_Fenn
15-06-2007, 02:59 PM
I also love red on the facelifts!

TheQuietOne
15-06-2007, 06:21 PM
Lovely looking NSX and even though they're m'way miles you are probably driving more than many. I think TQO can probably better you're acheivements with his Miss Daisy driving style ;):laugh: Its a joke Matt!

OK so yup I managed 23,500 on a rear set...

That was my milage last year - and as per you mostly on motorways and dual carriageways! Nice to see at least two of us treat the public to the beauty of the NSX on the roads more than just 1,500 miles a year when it's sunny! ;)

Maybe we should have an Ascari, 3.2, decent anual milage mini-meet and photoshoot sometime!:)

P.S. My fronts still have 4mm on them!

dan the man
15-06-2007, 06:41 PM
awsome in red

simonprelude
15-06-2007, 06:51 PM
Where's the photo's ;)

OK so yup I managed 23,500 on a rear set...

dan the man
16-06-2007, 07:05 AM
lmao !!!!!!!!!!!

TheSebringOne
16-06-2007, 01:56 PM
Baz, what a beauty your Ascari X is! :) How on earth have to managed to get that many miles since I only got 3000, plus the Honda dealer got about a 1000, total 4000 on Dunlops SP8050? Yours are the SP8080? I wander maybe its a harder compound or you drive like TQO aka Miss Daisy!?! Matt, are you refering to moi, the low mileage man!? On a serious note, have you got Eagles F1s?;) Ary, have you switched off the TCS?