PDA

View Full Version : New NSX test mule!

Minch
14-06-2007, 06:35 AM
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/spyshots/209032/honda_nsx.html

Check it out chaps!

dan the man
14-06-2007, 07:07 AM
yeah been doing the rounds for a while now..

simonprelude
14-06-2007, 10:12 AM
The number plate comes back with details now though :)

simonprelude
14-06-2007, 10:50 AM
The number plate is registered with the DVLA as a 5 litre V10 :)

Steveycaz
14-06-2007, 11:28 AM
How'd they squeeze that in?

AR
14-06-2007, 11:32 AM
A nightmare to tax LOL

simonprelude
14-06-2007, 11:49 AM
Depends on emissions and if the 5L V10 is the only propulsion.

There were rumours of it using the IMA technology at a time so cheap to tax :D

A nightmare to tax LOL

Sudesh
14-06-2007, 12:30 PM
What reg did you use Simon? I couldnt get it to come up on our HPI system?

simonprelude
14-06-2007, 01:40 PM
OU07EFX a friend ran it so not sure which system they use.

What reg did you use Simon? I couldnt get it to come up on our HPI system?

nsxselby
14-06-2007, 04:16 PM
ITS NOTHING BUT A CUT AND SHUT NEW S200
:no:

simonprelude
14-06-2007, 04:38 PM
With a 550bhp 5.0 Litre V10 :drool:

:quote:
ITS NOTHING BUT A CUT AND SHUT NEW S200
:no:

nsxselby
14-06-2007, 05:35 PM
NO IAM SORRY ITS THE NEW BOND CAR THATS NOTHING BUT TWO EXTRA ROCKET LAUNCHERS AT THE BACK :laugh:

TheSebringOne
14-06-2007, 10:20 PM
Simon, how did you get the V10 5 Litre info, do you have DVLA contacts :shh: IMA is that Honda's part petrol/electricity powered technology, like the Insight? Well Lexus already have a 4.5 Litre petrol/elecky engine, which I think is a V8? Well its on the cards that Honda would like to showcase its technology & maybe be the first manufacturer to make a hybrid supercar, a bit like the NSX with its Alu construction & emission friendly engine when it first appeared. :dunno: As for the shape, don't really know what to say?! :undecided:

Procar Specials
15-06-2007, 05:11 AM
I've seen that car personally last thursday.
R&D has a test center nearly the Nürbugring and Honda stocked some parts for the 24h race there. I had to pick up a gearbox at night and I was surprised what I saw.

I saw 2 new cars there, a big front engine car which was completly covered with black tape.
Looks like this is the basic for the new AM concurrent.

Also the S2000 with the bigger chassis, a test car with the new V10 engine, but the turbo version.

Looks like the new Honda supercar will entry the + 500 HP class,
but its not the lightweight concept.
For me it looks like the wrong direction.

Silver Surfer
15-06-2007, 08:22 PM
I wonder if it's a superclean Diesel??

SS

TheSebringOne
16-06-2007, 02:19 PM
So Honda are still going to make a front engined GT car like a AM, it doesn't matter how beautiful it is, but to go against an AM as a premium brand makes no sense at all and especially after only selling around 450-500 Xs in the UK and making no money, just where are Honda going with next X replacement? Like its F1 division, Honda have lost the plot in the niche low production & racing divisions ! SORT YOURSELF OUT HONDA!! :angry::angry:

AR
17-06-2007, 10:28 PM
I think Honda might make this one to make money and then make an HSC as a Halo car.

Cheers,

AR

Minch
18-06-2007, 06:43 AM
Lets hope so . . . the HSC is by far the prettiest car!

AR
18-06-2007, 08:36 AM
Ever since they hired T.I.T.S at Honda. all you hear down the halls is:

Is all about the bunce lads, is all about the bunce!!!

TheSebringOne
18-06-2007, 11:35 AM
I hope so too Ary, a GT so they can say they can make one & then a geniune NSX son/heir! :yes: Minch I agree the original HSC is the best by far, plus its underpinning is the current NSX too!!:) Ary, is T.I.T.S some kind of R & D design team? or slagging off? Bunce ?! ;)

AR
18-06-2007, 12:57 PM
Trotters Independent Traders (T.I.T.) bunce = £££

I am not that sinister to take the piss out of Honda, but they really need a wake up call.

Cheers,

AR

Minch
18-06-2007, 03:46 PM
What ever happened to the media bunch who wanted to talk to us owners about our NSX's? Maybe what we need to do is get hold of someone who works for a performance car publication and try and get some sort of story in their about how we feel the next NSX should be! After all look what happened when Subaru didn't talk to the UK consumer a few years back, remeber the bug eyed WRX? Prodrive got hold of it and salvaged what they could! Maybe if we make enough noise HUK might just take some notice? Long shot but might be worth a go . . . . if so I'd like to put my deposit for the next NSX now!

Kevin
18-06-2007, 05:33 PM
Honda don't listen to us. If they do then whoever talked to them needs shooting!:)

We are on the whole not the people they are targetting. We mostly drive older NSXs. Are we the people that will go out and buy a new NSX? Not in the main. If we would, then why aren't we all driving around in new NSXs now?

No, Honda would be looking at people that drive other makes, and asking them, why they haven't bought a Honda. So it's natural Honda would produce a car that appeals to them not us.

Also, the long standing Honda customer will always buy a Honda. It's just a matter of when they can afford to do so.

The Subaru disaster was just a styling mistake. The car itself is largely unchanged from the previous model. BMW almost did the same thing with the Bangle efforts, but BMW drivers obviously buy anything.

AR
18-06-2007, 05:51 PM
BMW drivers obviously buy anything.

ROTFLMAO

That is a good one.

Cheers,

AR

TheSebringOne
18-06-2007, 08:55 PM
Honda would not listen to us, why would they & bear in mind they like to target the US market where most of their next NSX will be sold. I agree with Kevin about we owners tend to be the second or later owners! I brought a new BMW a couple of years ago, so when I trade up or down next! I will probably not buy one again just for the badge, abeit its a nice car to drive. Regarding the bangle thing, I did'nt like it at first, but has grown on me strangely!

Papalazarou
19-06-2007, 07:41 AM
I once read a thread on Prime where Honda made up a kind of focus group of Prime members, so it would seem that Honda do encourage feedback.
I guess it's how they interpret what they learn. seems to me that manufacturers have a very good idea of what they want well before they ask for opinions.

Cheers,

James.

Rob_Fenn
20-06-2007, 03:37 PM
Vid of the mule

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wmSXHJV441E&mode=related&search=

TheSebringOne
20-06-2007, 11:16 PM
Sounds great & I noticed it was being tested along with the latest 997 Turbo, so may be thats what its aiming to compete with a twin turboed 483BHP! Would be great if it does get 550 bhp! :drool::think:

Nick Graves
29-06-2007, 08:42 AM
There was one mule powered by a 2.2 diesel; the platform may be used to spin off a new legend and a new prelude too. Would make the entire project less unaffordable.

Frankly, why on earth would Honda make a "new NSX?" the old one was an utter sales disaster and repeating it plus-10% would merely dilute what was actually special about the original.

Let the Germans do it the lazy, cynical way. As stated, their followers will swallow anything.

Even Ferrari now make big, fat GTs instead. At least Honda might actually move the game on with their SH-AWD V10 "S5000"

I'll cringe if it comes here with an Accurist badge, though!