PDA

View Full Version : Horse power..

MattS
13-06-2007, 07:21 PM
Got his website from Autocar today - www.rri.se

No data for the NSX but when you pick a model and look at the manufacturer's stated HP and what is actually developed at the wheels (which is what they test) it may explain why the NSX's performance is significantly better than 276BHP would suggest..

Some cars lose less than 5%, others more than 25%..

I once heard that Ferraris and TVRs fall into the latter category.

simonprelude
13-06-2007, 07:36 PM
Interesting that the S2000 and CTR are losing 10% on quoted power, most owners have measured spot on manufacturers figures.

Rob_Fenn
14-06-2007, 08:22 AM
I would think it is safe to say Ferrari were optimistic about their power figures before recent times, but there is no reason for losses to be much different than an NSX.

I guess a mid-engined RWD should get the less drivetrain losses out of any other combination anyway.

reg
14-06-2007, 08:54 AM
Interesting that the S2000 and CTR are losing 10% on quoted power, most owners have measured spot on manufacturers figures.

Honda have a great reputation for producing what they quote as do Porsche who probably have the toughest QC's on outputs. People like AMG etc nail the figures as well but then they are more tuners than manufacturers. As for Ferrari etc I am thinking that once you get upto 'x' power you're less likely to trot off to the dyno to test it?