PDA

View Full Version : NSX Tracking - Essex area - HELP!

trackdemon
02-12-2004, 10:43 AM
Morning,

I'm hoping someone from the collective will be able to furnish me with details of a someone who is *NSX literate* in the Essex area.

I was hoping to get it done this weekend (running out of weekends to do it :? ) and was intended to go to Road Wheels in Fleet, Hampshire (had been recommended). Unfortunately a 180 mile round trip is a bit much for me just to get the tracking done, I'm wondering if anybody can recommend somewhere in Essex / Hertfordshire / Sussex / Kent / East London. Anywhere close to Brentwood is ideal.

cheers,
Steve

ctrlaltdelboy
02-12-2004, 11:32 AM
Contact Rob Lovesey - Technical Director at Supertracker Ltd - they manufacture alignment equipment and sell this equipment to alignment centres all over the country. Rob really knows his stuff and has done my NSX and S2000 and is sure to know which of his customers in your area would be best to go to.

02380 443325

trackdemon
02-12-2004, 11:55 AM
He recommended Supertyres @ Maldon, Essex - booked in for Saturday morning. I'll let you know how it goes :D

http://search.yell.com/ucs/UcsSearchAction.do;jsessionid=aVN6FLyfEWk5?searchT ype=classic&ooa=on&keywords=&companyName=supertyres&location=maldon&x=0&y=0

cheers,
Steve

duncan
02-12-2004, 06:13 PM
I'm very new to the car and to this forum.Supertyres in Maldon seem pretty good, enthusiastic proprietor. For tyre changes they use trolley jacks and do NOT use air hammers! The alignement jig is pretty impressive and they are very prould of it. What time will you be over at Maldon?[

ctrlaltdelboy
02-12-2004, 06:17 PM
welcome Duncan

feel free to post some pics of your car in the pictures area and tell us all about it

trackdemon
10-01-2005, 10:42 AM
Just remembered, was meaning to post feedback on these guys:

Seemed very professional, impressive piece of kit they setup on, (as mentioned) very enthuisiastic proprietor and seemingly very experienced man who does the aligning. Bit expensive @ £150 but that does include a "free" second adjustment anytime in the next year.

Haven't really been able to push the handling to see if there's much improvement there, but certainly the rear of the car feels more stable (it was tramlining horribly before) and the car feels a bit more trustworthy. Understeers a bit more, but thats probably due to having fresh rear tyres and worn fronts so again I can' really make any proper assessments - I suspect it'll be great once I can actually find decent tyres in the correct front size! But thats a different thread...... :roll:

Kevin
10-01-2005, 05:50 PM
After my small shunt I have had the alignment done. All the settings are now back to spec, and the car is so much more of a handful than it was. The alignment was probably alright when I got the car, but then I lowered it.

Of course it could be after three days my Kumho MX tyres have gone past their prime, but my tyre temps confirm I am running on the outside edges in corners.

Time to get my own camber gauge I think.