modarr
08-06-2007, 06:17 PM
Still in one piece

Rob_Fenn
08-06-2007, 08:00 PM
Nice... are they OZs?

modarr
08-06-2007, 08:18 PM
Thanks, Yes OZ 17 and 18" in NSX suitable offset.
Front 2kg heavier (with tyres), rears less than 1kg heavier than standard 16 and 17". Just to allow bigger brakes but looks growing on me.

AR
08-06-2007, 08:38 PM
Great looking car Mo.

BTW what does it say on the side skirt?

Cheers,

AR

Silver Surfer
08-06-2007, 09:24 PM
Need a proper side and rear view please!

SS

TheSebringOne
08-06-2007, 09:32 PM
What make is the front lower spoiler or splitter? They don't seem as smooth as OEMs? :unsure: Quite like the OZs, but wander what tyres they are as not sure of the groove pattern on the fronts & what make is rear spoiler?

modarr
09-06-2007, 06:30 PM
Shine front spoiler from SOS, incidentally too low for my drive so for sale. Minor scuffs underside, nothing visible. Fitted very recently. £150

Tyres are very crap Falken FK452
Didn't fancy first time at Spa on sticky rubber, so this kept speeds down and wasn't sure I would keep the new wheels. Still not fully decided. Wheels are good for large discs but otherwise prefer the smaller wheels.

Spoiler is original Procars full carbon fibre Type R replica.

Mo

TheSebringOne
09-06-2007, 08:28 PM
Welcome Mo, I didn't realise it was your car, nice X mate! ;)

dan the man
09-06-2007, 10:03 PM
love it!

Car looks the bollx imo. Black roof, wing and wheels suit red.

First ever NSX i went in was speedy gonzales' swith black wheels on red car.

modarr
10-06-2007, 08:47 PM
love it!

Car looks the bollx imo. Black roof, wing and wheels suit red.

First ever NSX i went in was speedy gonzales' swith black wheels on red car.

Aaah fank you.

Kevin
11-06-2007, 11:31 AM
Agree, car is looking proper grown up now. Better than when you were tearing around Bedford on the original 15" wheels.:)

Maybe I should paint my wheels, and roof red, so we have opposing colour schemes?

Seriously I have had enough of white wheels, they are going to be black now too. Not sure whether to go matt or satin though?

modarr
11-06-2007, 08:05 PM
I'd go for gloss because they'll be matt after a day and easier to clean when you try getting off that heat baked brake dust.
Mine were gloss in the am and very matt in the pm.

I'd also go for tungsten or anthracite on a black car.

Mo

Procar Specials
30-06-2007, 05:51 AM
Congrads, good looking car.
I have these black OZ wheels installed at my new CTR, they are great.
But I havent knowed that black wheels can get that dirty, that looks very funny.
So they do need nearly the same care as some white wheels.
Mine will get a powder coating next winter because the colour quality of the OZ's is poor.

Who was the preowner of the car or is that a secret?
Hope you like the spoiler, from here it looks perfect.

I was in Spa/Francorchamps last week and surprised about all these new buildings.
But they still have the old entrance, the tunnel was 1/2 full of water as usual. :)

modarr
01-07-2007, 09:14 PM
Hi Detlef,
The spoiler is very good and suits the car.

I have had the car four years, previous owner is not a NSXCB member, the club didn't really exist back then.

Black need as much care as white as you say.

I have never seen the 'old' Spa but was told most of the buildings there were brand new. Superb place, just wish I had the guts to drive a bit faster there.

Mo