View Full Version : Help with Servicing advice please

TheSebringOne
08-06-2007, 12:57 PM
Hi all, I'm booking in my X for it's annual service at a Honda garage soon, since most things that need changing/checking/adjusting (apart from oil/oil filter change), are every 24,000 miles or 24 months. These things are the changing the coolant, inspect valve clearance (I assume Tappets?) and Inspect/adjust drive belts. What do you do if you only do bewteen 1000-2000 miles year only !? The air filter was changed two years ago or 2500 miles ago! Please help & sorry if I shamefully only do little mileage in my P & J. Thanks alot James :) :rolleyes: I know engine coolant does degrade with age regardless of mileage covered, so maybe do this myself, is it hard?

mutley
08-06-2007, 01:05 PM
You've answered your own question...................... get it out there and use it, don't keep it hidden away

HEHEHEHE
Jim

TheSebringOne
08-06-2007, 09:14 PM
I know Jim, well maybe with an annual or bi annual Japanese Fest (PC thread!) I might go over 2000 miles! :) Any road, whats wrong with my own private viewing of my naked X in metal ! :cantlook:

dan the man
08-06-2007, 09:57 PM
get usuing it u tart!!

ill be organiseing a mini meet soon...!! hee he

TheSebringOne
08-06-2007, 10:09 PM
Is that a mini jam or custard tart then!? Yes we have a mini meet when your back from the Ring. :laugh: I hope you get your clutch sorted out this weekend mate, Papa says he had a slave cylinder problem that sounds similar to yours :rolleyes:

dan the man
09-06-2007, 08:30 AM
well gona go right through it today so we shall see.

only thing is if i need new master and slave cyliinders ill wana get them fitted before the ring..2 weeks

possible im not sure as dont even know where to get stuff from

TheSebringOne
12-06-2007, 12:32 AM
Part of every 24K miles or 24 months service are:

Inspecting valve clearance, is this the same as the tappets? If you don't do many miles, does this reduce the need for adjusting them since its a wear issue?

Inspecting & adjust the drive belts? What are these and again does less mileage, mean less adjusting and is it a large job?

Changing engine coolant? I assume regardless of use, its a time issue as it degrades with heat & age? Is this a easy task to do yourself or best left to Honda?

Your views would be appreciated :)