PDA

View Full Version : ABS and TCS warning lights

BabyNSX
29-11-2004, 11:30 PM
These lights came on about 3 weeks ago. After almost doing a 180 yesterday coming out of a roundabout I think it's time to get it checked out.
Any ideas? or is it down to the local honda stealership?

BrownBear
30-11-2004, 08:35 AM
Hi,

You may find some info on the immediately preceeding thread
http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=331

which could help you out (although I'm assuming you posted the question and then noticed it anyway :) )

Regards

BabyNSX
30-11-2004, 11:05 AM
yeah you are right. i checked my brake lights and they are ok. so i guess i'll get the lambada sensors checked :lol:

Pande
30-11-2004, 07:43 PM
Got this problem a year ago.

When one of the ABS sensors go faulty both the ABS and TCS lights come on. My near side front sensor was faulty so when replacing the sensor both the lights went out. There is a manual way of checking the sensors but if your not into electronics then let the dealers diagnose the faulty sensor.

stewart
19-05-2005, 08:11 PM
Hi

I followed the thread below

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=331

but there appears to be some confusion between ABS +TCS and ABS + EMS

ABS+TCS lights are associated with ABS sensor or brake light fault, ABS +EMS lights seem to indicate O2/Lamda sensor failure.

Anyone know if the ABS sensors should show a circuit when tested with a multi-meter? I have tested the o/s one and it appears to be open circuit? Dash lights on are ABS +TCS

Any wisdom appreciated.

duncan
20-05-2005, 12:34 PM
If you hav'n't viewed and downloaded the full service manual from nsxprime do so. Page 19.31 shows the ABS (ALB) sensor as a wire winding around a magnetic core; that being the case "open circuit" a break in the wire or infinite resistance means the lead wire is broken or sensor no longer functions. I would suggest you check each sensor in turn, the chance of all 4 failing simulutaneously is NIL so an ohmage reading should allow yoiu to distinguish between the good and the bad.
Thats the easy bit the rest just costs money!

stewart
20-05-2005, 02:56 PM
Thanks Duncan. Have just returned from Chatham Honda where "Mac" simply put a link across the blue connector in the passenger footwell and when the ignition was switched on the ABS Light blinked 4 times then the TCS once, indicating (so I was advised) ABS sensor failure front O/S. This was the one that tested open circuit by me and, yes, the rest is £150 + vat
Manual is being downloaded by friend with broadband as my dirt-track of the information superhighway would struggle with the file size

Best wishes