PDA

View Full Version : NSX R suspension

modarr
21-11-2004, 06:13 PM
First track session with the R suspension...oh my god! The standard car feels like a lame dog in comparison. It really does make the car feel so much more track orientated and boy does it grip. Even with rubbish front tyres the pace was significantly faster and there's more to be had.

The motorway drive is firm but quite good. Bumpy local roads its acceptable but not for the faint hearted. If you're not going track the car, it's not recommended. If you are.....I couldn't praise the improvement enough. The real R must be a legendary drive and I'd happily sell some or your organs to buy one.

david_f
03-12-2004, 05:35 PM
Sounds interesting. What do the new parts consist of and where can they be sourced? Regards, David.

Welshman
03-12-2004, 07:01 PM
Sounds interesting. What do the new parts consist of and where can they be sourced? Regards, David.

Hopefully not Mark at Dali Racing for you David :shock:

modarr
03-12-2004, 07:35 PM
I bought mine from Detlef in Germany ( Kevin's mate). Mine's a one off slightly used Type R suspension, modified to set lap times at the Nurburg Ring.
You get Showa shocks with remote Nitrogen reservoir and springs. Straight swap for OEM.
Lowers the car half an inch.

Best place to get regular R suspension is Science of Speed (USA). Cost about a grand.

Got a spare kidney?

jaytip
04-12-2004, 05:13 AM
i know for some LOVELY Tein RA's for sale. almost brand new too :wink:

ctrlaltdelboy
04-12-2004, 10:39 AM
what, you mean this set? (http://nsxcb.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=260)
bargain for someone looking for a track suspension setup :wink:

jaytip
04-12-2004, 12:40 PM
what, you mean this set? (http://nsxcb.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=260)
bargain for someone looking for a track suspension setup :wink:
actually Darren they are an even better bargain now,if someone wants to make me a serious offer(no joke prices please)then i will let them go.

david_f
06-12-2004, 11:10 AM
i know for some LOVELY Tein RA's for sale. almost brand new too :wink:

I'm not conversant with Tein RAs. What does the kit consist of and what sort of price would you sell for? You could post me private if you'd rather? Regards, David.

david_f
06-12-2004, 11:11 AM

Cruel Welshman, so cruel...

Welshman
06-12-2004, 12:14 PM

Cruel Welshman, so cruel...

:twisted: :D :D

duncan
08-12-2004, 08:25 AM
See Demon Tweeks 05 Motorsport catalogue, Tein Type RE (trackday fast road)suspension £1300.00, Type N1(race) suspension £1940.00, all +VaT. Either www.demon-tweeks.co.uk or 01978 664 466

david_f
08-12-2004, 10:39 AM
Thanks Duncan. Much obliged!